Bigfooty General Metal Thread Mk.VII

Dee Snider

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 17, 2006
Burning in Hell
AFL Club
Collingwood
Even the cat is enjoying some Napalm Death today.

cebf65bc26254cd73c8629e52781ebac.jpg

Hard to argue with 4 of the 5. Wouldn’t have ‘Only’ in my top 15 tbh, but not a bad tune by any stretch (off a super-heavy but often overlooked album).

Not too bad at all. I would drop Got the Time, replace Only with Among the Living, and move everything down a place to have Be All, End All at 1.

These lists are always difficult with classic bands, doubt I could do a top 10 of Slayer or Megadeth, tbh.

Dee Snider

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 17, 2006
Burning in Hell
AFL Club
Collingwood
Not too bad at all. I would drop Got the Time, replace Only with Among the Living, and move everything down a place to have Be All, End All at 1.

These lists are always difficult with classic bands, doubt I could do a top 10 of Slayer or Megadeth, tbh.

I yeah it’s hard for sure. I might add in ‘Caught in a Mosh’ in lieu of Only.

Apr 8, 2006
2014 or 2008. Probably 2008.
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Dallas Cowboys and Texas Longhorns
Hard to argue with 4 of the 5. Wouldn’t have ‘Only’ in my top 15 tbh, but not a bad tune by any stretch (off a super-heavy but often overlooked album).

Metal Thrashing Mad, Indians, Be All End All, Caught in a Mosh and any number of songs of the debut or ATL to finish off. Indians is probably their best song and ATL their best album. 12 year old me would have had Now It’s Dark as number one - easily amused.

utility

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 26, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne

Caught in a Mosh
N.F.L.
Got the Time
Room for One More
Metal Thrashing Mad

My fave of the big four and I probably have some odd choices for fave songs!

Last edited:

Schauermann

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 27, 2011
Hamburg
AFL Club
Fremantle
Favourite 5 Anthrax songs? Not 100% sure, but pretty sure all of them are from Fistful of Metal. Taking away the cover song and the instrumental that leaves 8. Doesn't look as impossible as other top 5 lists. But need to listen to it again, has been some time since...

Back