Preview Sydney Swans vs Fremantle Dockers, Sunday 12:30pm @ Metricon

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Be an interesting debut. He was runner in the reserves match a couple of weeks ago. I think he has an injury or something. The or something revolves around SARS COV 2 and all the sh*t happening around that lol.
Guilty as charged.
I don’t have any particular vested interest in Gould or pending paternity tests, but hope the big fella shows us all one day why we picked him up.

Reid was in close to career best form early in the season. Poor guy does not get injured by design. That all said I think he is playing for his career.

If he gets through the rest of the season and plays at the same standard, he is worth a one year extension on reduced bikkies.

Another injury or poor form and he should be up for trade/delisting.
You keep burning my players. JPK. Benny.... NOW REIDY TOO?!?! Seriously? Did I do something unsavoury to your brekky or something mate?

Reid for Party is fair imo. McLean would be back-up ruck. Doubt Taylor will play. Sub at best. Don't see McDonald playing either tbh

Yep will just be a straight swap I would think.

Happy with Reid back, we were all surprised at his consistently good form early in the year, and it was a disappointment to all that he got injured again. If he can replicate that, then it is 100% better than the glimpses of Amartey showing his potential. Also, Amartey just signed on for 2 years, so there's plenty of opportunity for him later on.

I would like to see Ronke get a shot this week instead of Bell. Ronke's ceiling is 7 goals whilst Bells' best game is debated on invisible pressure acts. That in itself is reason why Bell shouldn't be best 22 and we'll go no where in finals with him
If Reid's fit, he plays. It's simple as that.

Agree whole heartedly re Ronke. Really looking forward to him coming back and tbh I don't get the flack he cops. He's a kid who in his 3rd game off the rookie list kicks 7. Did very well for the remainder of the season including another bag of 5. And would consistently put a goal or two on the board. He wasn't as much of a stand out in his 2nd season (which is fair enough for a 2nd year rookie). But even then, he was still putting a goal or two on the board and was racking up ridiculous tackle numbers and pressure acts. He averaged 4+ tackles a game and even had ones where he had 10. All whilst getting the standard 10-15 touches a game for a fwd pocket and playing in a s**t team. Obviously last year he succumbed to injury so not going to judge him on that. So where does the hate come from? He's 10x the player bell has shown himself to be.

You keep burning my players. JPK. Benny.... NOW REIDY TOO?!?! Seriously? Did I do something unsavoury to your brekky or sonething mate?

bwahaha... I hope he gets an extension by staying healthy and playing good footy... That is hardly a toasting!

Reid for Party is fair imo. McLean would be back-up ruck. Doubt Taylor will play. Sub at best. Don't see McDonald playing either tbh

I’d find it surprising if McLean is there as ruck back-up, they were so reluctant to have him chop out earlier in the season.

I think with Reid back and 2nd ruck, Amartey simply falls behind McDonald and McLean as the third pure tall forward which I think is fair enough.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’d find it surprising if McLean is there as ruck back-up, they were so reluctant to have him chop out earlier in the season.
I mean as an emergancy. If Reid or Hickey can't play he will come in

He kicked a bag of 5 not long after it. And all in his first season playing as a rookie. So I wouldn't put my money against it if I were you.

Ok. That was a fair few years ago now.

Hmm what happened to Amartey

in Reid McDonald McLean Taylor
Out Amartey (omitted)

reid named on the ground
I've been saying it for a few years.
The coaches love Reid & his versatility as a player. As a tall forwrs he also gives great defensive pressure once the ball hits the deck. He is capable of kicking 3 or 4 goals. He provides another marking target & when he plays, the smalls come into the game with multiple goals.
He is well drilled with what the coaches want & he can provide ruck relief & of course our pet hate, he can go back late in games to provide that spare man in defence when the moment is needed.
Amartey has time.
Thats how I see it anyway. I know I've heard opposition coaches mention that he is a hard match up.

So? He's 23 not 33. It was 2 and a bit seasons before his injury. Hardly much.

Just saying it's been a fair while and he hasn't gone close to replicating that form since. I just think it's a bit ambitious to say his current ceiling is 7 goals. That's like saying Buddy's going to give us a 13 goal game any week now.

Obviously Buddy is old so it's not a direct comparison as you say, just don't think a player can live off a handful of good performances from several years ago.

Just saying it's been a fair while and he hasn't gone close to replicating that form since. I just think it's a bit ambitious to say his current ceiling is 7 goals. That's like saying Buddy's going to give us a 13 goal game any week now.

Obviously Buddy is old so it's not a direct comparison as you say, just don't think a player can live off a handful of good performances from several years ago.
Obviously I don't expect 7 goals off him. But to say he hasn't gone close to replicating his form is unfair. What are you basing that upon? Because for the remainder of his first season he was exceptional, and actually did go close to another 7. Plus his tackling was off the charts. And this is a first season rookie. His second season was still half decent. That's all we've got as evidence to judge him.

If I'm looking at that evidence alone I'm bloody excited to have him back. Why wouldn't you be? Why would we have any reason at all to doubt him when he has actually played well above expectation to this point, and has shown that he is capable of a colossal performance.. I legitimately don't understand the doubt/flack surrounding him.

No no no no, you said he wouldnt kick 7 more in his career. That's what zyzzbruh is disagreeing with.
Don't know why you find it necessary to write a player off a injury riddled season. Even if he doesn't make it into the team this year I feel he has a place at afl level. We're just chocka with quality small forwards (probably the 3 of the top 5 in the game atm)

No no no no, you said he wouldnt kick 7 more in his career. That's what zyzzbruh is disagreeing with.
Don't know why you find it necessary to write a player off a injury riddled season. Even if he doesn't make it into the team this year I feel he has a place at afl level. We're just chocka with quality small forwards (probably the 3 of the top 5 in the game atm)

Yes because I think he'll be delisted at the end of this season. There's 6 games max left for him to play in I would think, I don't think he's kicking 7 goals.

Yes because I think he'll be delisted at the end of this season. There's 6 games max left for him to play in I would think, I don't think he's kicking 7 goals.

And you really think the depth of quality is so good around the league that no other club would touch Ronke as soon as we delist him?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've been saying it for a few years.
The coaches love Reid & his versatility as a player. As a tall forwrs he also gives great defensive pressure once the ball hits the deck. He is capable of kicking 3 or 4 goals. He provides another marking target & when he plays, the smalls come into the game with multiple goals.
He is well drilled with what the coaches want & he can provide ruck relief & of course our pet hate, he can go back late in games to provide that spare man in defence when the moment is needed.
Amartey has time.
Thats how I see it anyway. I know I've heard opposition coaches mention that he is a hard match up.
Agree with all this!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back