Past #19: Josh Walker - drafted #23 '11 RD (GFC) - traded to BLFC end '15 - signed by NM as DFA end '19 - 54 NM gms/6 NM gls

Remove this Banner Ad

Is a very solid player, haven't had those type since Leigh Brown, he introduces himself as a premiership utility.
I can only imagine the lack of response from the "regulars" is because they are still recovering from their collective aneurisms after reading an opinion that places the words "premiership utility" in the Josh Walker thread without the use without the phrase "will never be part of..."!!!!

Josh is solid - those players are needed.

I can only imagine the lack of response from the "regulars" is because they are still recovering from their collective aneurisms after reading an opinion that places the words "premiership utility" in the Josh Walker thread without the use without the phrase "will never be part of..."!!!!

Josh is solid - those players are needed.

so is leigh brown, a discard from north but in the hands of a master coach, he suddenly became a key pillar.

Gee you would like to think that Tarrant, McKay and Corr would be our starting KP's down back.
Then fit in McDonald, JZ, Perez, Hayden, Turner, Bonar, Young, Atu. If ya wanna punt on a 29 yr old bring Maj back.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gee you would like to think that Tarrant, McKay and Corr would be our starting KP's down back.
Then fit in McDonald, JZ, Perez, Hayden, Turner, Bonar, Young, Atu. If ya wanna punt on a 29 yr old bring Maj back.

Daw is 30 at the end of 2020 i think...

He’s been ok, but not sure we’d ideally want McKay, Tarrant and Walker all in defence. It’s too cumbersome.

Looking to 2022, assuming Corr gets right, he’ll play under the regime that brought him in. Who misses? Yeah, I know, depth an all, but how many teams have 29 yo or rising 33yo’s in their 2nds?

Yes he is although I have found my second wind at 53. Maj is closer to 18 months older than Walker. Can't see Walker getting much game time next year. Too slow is the issue .

All true but he knows our plan now and is good depth to apply pressure to the lineup.

Also - we have a minimum 30-40% injury rate so we need cover.

Been a great competitor, but endangered species come list management time for mine

He’s been ok, but not sure we’d ideally want McKay, Tarrant and Walker all in defence. It’s too cumbersome.

Looking to 2022, assuming Corr gets right, he’ll play under the regime that brought him in. Who misses? Yeah, I know, depth an all, but how many teams have 29 yo or rising 33yo’s in their 2nds?

There would be six out currently that need to get a game. 100% Corr takes his spot. TYF maybe correct and he's kept as depth.

Personally I think Taz might be in more danger of being let go than Walker. Older, hasn't had good form after being out half the year and then very quickly picked up an injury. As much of a champion as Taz is, we're at the start of a rebuild and supposedly Rawlings has already talked to journos (Jon Ralph at least) about needing to be sensitive about how they handle things end of year. 🤷‍♂️

Yes he is although I have found my second wind at 53. Maj is closer to 18 months older than Walker. Can't see Walker getting much game time next year. Too slow is the issue .

What are you basing things on? Maj could have been something if he didn't have that injury but he was spent force and was given the run around in 2020 because there was no one available. Walker has been very solid since his arrival as a key defender but also as a pinch hit forward. He gives us stability, when corr is injury free in 2022, walker to move forward.

Regardless of whether or not he’s best 22 when we have a fully fit squad, he’s great KPP depth…

Plus in what world is our club not going to have significant injuries?!

Without him our KPDs would have been McKay & Ziebell for chunks of this year.

He’s a solid citizen and there’d be worse options to have start 2022 at CHB. I just don’t think 2022 is where it’s at for us. I reckon we’ll be looking at the backline for an injection of youth In the off season.

What are you basing things on? Maj could have been something if he didn't have that injury but he was spent force and was given the run around in 2020 because there was no one available. Walker has been very solid since his arrival as a key defender but also as a pinch hit forward. He gives us stability, when corr is injury free in 2022, walker to move forward.

He’s a last resort forward option.

He’s a last resort forward option.

well, yes, as comben is not really ready to even start flying. We need him for another 3 years, just like campbell, he is not too flashy but we don't have another fulltime ruckman other than xerri. 3 years is the magical number in that we need this long for comben to be afl ready and edward to be able to play 2nd ruck to xerri who needs this long to be ready as 1st ruck.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back