List Mgmt. Contracts. Trades. Draft. 2021 Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Follow link below for contract status of all current players

214013.jpg
217349.jpg

I've got low interest in players from other clubs this year, I think we should be all in this year on the draft as the past few years we've had limited draftees in what were two strong drafts.

I still think we did well in the past two drafts;
- Johnson, I still think he'll be a good player just behind too many in that position at the moment.
- Jamieson, still two years away from getting the tank and size he needs to play his role effectively. But everyone knows that about rucks.
- Edwards, looking good wing/midfield prospect already.
- Winder, had a sparkling start to the season before injury. I think he could be a star.
- Trew, think he'll be a good contested mid just needs to add some more size and strength to play as an inside mid.

So we need to add 4-5 new draftees to give us the nucleus for 4-5 years from now.

What's the knock on Johnson that so many people are listing him as a likely delist at end of year?
I was under the impression he was tracking nicely. Is it that he's plateaued?

He actually doesn’t exist, his salary is paid under the table to Nic Nat

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

So we did ask Mundy to join as a coaxh. Interesting to see if we will inquire again.
6C6C9E7A-FB86-43B8-84B9-C710C5C415D4.jpeg

So we did ask Mundy to join as a coaxh. Interesting to see if we will inquire again.
View attachment 1183927

Simmo has mentioned it multiple times. When told on radio yesterday that Mundy had signed again he reiterated those comments and sounded a little bummed he would be unavailable for another season. Ive no doubt we'll be in his ear again come the end of 2022. Good local talent is hard to find. When you identify some you clamp it down before it gets poached to move East.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would love to see Trew developed a tagger for a few season. Seems like he wins a lot of his possessions in tight but would be a very good opportunity for him to learn the craft by following the best mids in the comp around. Also the campaignerness about him should bode well as a tagger

I remember this years draft being called a strong draft but now they are saying it will be weak after the first round.
I call crap on that.

This year the draft is void of Vic KPP. The media is so Vic centric they are blinded.

As someone who has followed the draft closely, I am very happy holding 2 second rounders. There are great choices but with COVID disrupting junior football in Melbourne, recruiters are nervous having to make calls without the carnival.

Would trade gov for a first rounder in a heartbeat

The only thing that would make me hesitant is how much weight you put into whether or not trading a contracted senior player hurts the 'fabric' of the club. and tbh in this situation it probably does hurt it a lot.
How would you trade him seeing he's not out of contract?
It's not like Treloar where he can go to another Victoian club.

He's a Perth guy who has another 2.5 years on his contract.
He showed us loyalty by signing when he was at the peak of his power.
He's going nowhere.

Last edited:
How would you trade him seeing he's out of contract?
It's not like Treloar where he can go to another Victoian club.

He's a Perth guy who has another 2.5 years on his contract.
He showed us loyalty by signing when he was at the peak of his power.
He's going nowhere.
I dont think hes going anywhere either, like i said fabric of the club

If he was out of contract though id certainly shop him around and if someone offered a first id take it.

you can pick and choose for whatever narrative you want. The flipside to that is we're the club who took a punt on him in the rookie draft and stuck by him even when it was clear he lacked the professionalism early days (and maybe still does).

I dont think hes going anywhere either, like i said fabric of the club

If he was out of contract though id certainly shop him around and if someone offered a first id take it.

you can pick and choose for whatever narrative you want. The flipside to that is we're the club who took a punt on him in the rookie draft and stuck by him even when it was clear he lacked the professionalism early days (and maybe still does).
Shopping AA senior players around is exactly the thing you want to do if you want to create a garbage culture at your club. Doubt we would have attracted non-WA guys like Redden, Witherden, Ellis, Mitchell if we were in the habit of burning proven senior players because they aren’t in outstanding form.

Shopping AA senior players around is exactly the thing you want to do if you want to create a garbage culture at your club. Doubt we would have attracted non-WA guys like Redden, Witherden, Ellis, Mitchell if we were in the habit of burning proven senior players because they aren’t in outstanding form.
Tend to agree but obviously when done right and beneficial to both parties its how you can get ahead quickly.

Tend to agree but obviously when done right and beneficial to both parties its how you can get ahead quickly.

What’s an example of a club that’s done that and found it beneficial?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back