Bluemour Melting Pot XXIX

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Another masterful pivot, whereby you refuse to actually answer the question posed and instead pretend that a different question was asked.

The conversation was centred around our poor exits from stoppages. The rushed blind kicks that more often than not fell into the laps of our opponents. It wasn't about feeding the ball to outside runners who then shanked kicks. I could live with feeding the ball to outside runners who then shanked kicks, because that would indicate that our stoppage work was good and we just needed different outside runners.

One wonders why we have assistants if they don't drive anything. Teague could probably just put his gameplan up on the noticeboard and the players could read it at their leisure.

The assistants are highly paid professional coaches. They exist to teach, develop, coach the players under their remit. I haven't apportioned sole blame to Barker, I agree with you and others that the senior coach has ultimate responsibility for both the game plan and the players. But part of the senior coach's job is delegation, and those delegated with certain areas hold responsibility for those areas as well.

Barker is now gone, and even if he wasn't actively detrimental, having someone new take over his area of responsibility seems to have borne fruit.
Yep if you’re coach is a rookie and you’re stoppage coach is average you’re going to have bad stoppage set ups bad exits and runs of goals scored against you
If you have rookie coach getting feed back from a good midfield coach things will improve I think that is partly what we have seen

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The question is ... why would we need Constable when we have Cripps, Kennedy, Dow and Setterfield, with Carroll waiting in the wings?

More balanced midfielders would be ideal.
Up until 4-5 weeks ago we needed a Constable because Kennedy and Dow couldn't break into the seniors and Setterfield has been injured and not performing at his best. Why we haven't been playing Kennedy and Dow all year is beyond me.

Not on the Charlie Constable train. That ship has sailed and sadly too has his career. The rule changes have nullified his game.

Out of the 3, newnes would be the least concerning out as there is plenty of coverage
Plus he plays wing, which is where I would like to see Kemp. Has the pace to make a real go of it as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back