Health Coronavirus 2020 / Worldwide (Stats live update in OP) Part 6

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know of no episode in history when a government has willingly aided and abetted the spread of a dangerous infectious disease among its own population.
History is being made.

The government of the United Kingdom seems to actually want people to catch COVID-19 in the summer, rather than in the autumn and winter.

Ministers reason that the understaffed and underfunded National Health Service will be in major trouble over the northern hemisphere winter.
To “go now” with the removal of all legal restrictions, thus producing an even higher level of infections, appears to be regarded as the right thing to do as it will reduce the inevitable problems later this year.

There is no obvious strategy and there is no published plan.

The UK is rightly proud of its vaccine rollout – 68 per cent of adults have received two doses and this has dramatically reduced hospital admissions and deaths. But both are now rising again, and rising fast.

It has lifted the legal restrictions that made wearing masks in shops and on public transport mandatory, and has failed to provide adequate financial support for those self-isolating.

Even before the full reopening, Britain had one of the highest number of new daily cases of COVID-19 in the world (48,161), and for weeks has had more cases than the rest of Western Europe put together.

??? We are ALL going to get covid at some point no doubt in my mind so not sure what you are trying to suggest here.

good on him for having a bit of balls than the rest of the straight narrow and boring brigade

I know of no episode in history when a government has willingly aided and abetted the spread of a dangerous infectious disease among its own population.
History is being made.

The government of the United Kingdom seems to actually want people to catch COVID-19 in the summer, rather than in the autumn and winter.

Ministers reason that the understaffed and underfunded National Health Service will be in major trouble over the northern hemisphere winter.
To “go now” with the removal of all legal restrictions, thus producing an even higher level of infections, appears to be regarded as the right thing to do as it will reduce the inevitable problems later this year.

There is no obvious strategy and there is no published plan.

The UK is rightly proud of its vaccine rollout – 68 per cent of adults have received two doses and this has dramatically reduced hospital admissions and deaths. But both are now rising again, and rising fast.

It has lifted the legal restrictions that made wearing masks in shops and on public transport mandatory, and has failed to provide adequate financial support for those self-isolating.

Even before the full reopening, Britain had one of the highest number of new daily cases of COVID-19 in the world (48,161), and for weeks has had more cases than the rest of Western Europe put together.

Maybe thier logic is is everyone catches it in summer no one will watch it in winter?

??? We are ALL going to get covid at some point no doubt in my mind so not sure what you are trying to suggest here.

good on him for having a bit of balls than the rest of the straight narrow and boring brigade
I didnt want to copy the whole article but I should have included this.....

This policy of standing back and letting the virus reproduce freely also risks the generation of new variants.
Most worryingly, it gives a competitive advantage to those variants that can dodge the partial immunity created by the existing vaccines.
If that happens, there is a real risk that we could once more suffer substantial levels of deaths.

This is the original that AFR used it might not be behind a paywall ???

We are lucky we have States who stand up to our Bozo

it_was_atagi..jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

History is being made.
They are insane. They don’t have the medical staff to handle what is going to happen.

So Foley instead of telling us they were caught and fined in Mildura, how about you let us all know how these people managed to get into Mildura in the first place because they would've needed to cross a body of water to do so, i thought the borders were shut which means your police force was asleep at the wheel again.

Edit: if those removalists managed to get into Victoria Foley, how many more people have managed to get into Victoria undetected.

How many border crossing points do you think there are from NSW into Vic?

It's not WA where there's pretty much only two for the whole state.

All the Australian governments, both Federal and State think that vaccination is going to be the magic bullet, what if it isn't, what then?

None of them are going to budge until there is a suitable number of us vaccinated, so get on with it.

If we get 70% or whatever vaccinated and vaccinated people are still getting it and passing it on, as is happening now, what are they going to do then? I would honestly like to know, because if their first reactions is still to lock everyone down then we should burn every parliament in the country to the ground and throw everyone of the political parasites out.

Last edited:
The UK seems to make news in Australia more than over here. I've seen things like the Calgary Stampede and Milwaukee Bucks celebrations and I'm just wondering what restrictions we have in North America that they don't? We do have some capacity limitations still for a few weeks. Is it mainly border restrictions and their freedom to travel?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back