Not open for further replies.
Apr 6, 2005
La Côte d'Azur
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Everton FC
View attachment 1184088
And here it is folks. They will keep chipping away at your rights and freedoms and throw you in the slammer.

That's not quite right, and there are ways around it which some businesses are going to try... for now. The fine for business owners is 1,500(again, for now) and I've not read anything about 6 months jail. Some cinemas and cultural venues will reduce their capacity, or screening sessions, to allow for only 49 visitors as once it hits 50 is where the rules change.

Another thing at this point is that businesses do not have the right to ask for your ID, that is only for law enforcement, so as long as you have a copy of someone's pass the business owners can't ask for anything more. But the police can.

At this stage there are over 6,000 business who have signed up on an online registry that say they will not be checking people for their star of dav... Oh I mean health pass. https://animap.fr/ In my area so far it's more medical and beauty services on that list, but I'm sure it will grow more and more.

darcytiger

Premiership Player
Apr 11, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Another thing at this point is that businesses do not have the right to ask for your ID, that is only for law enforcement, so as long as you have a copy of someone's pass the business owners can't ask for anything more. But the police can.
A business can ask all they want, if you refuse to show them they can just refuse you entry. Bars can refuse anyone for any reason.

Jun 19, 2011
MCG
AFL Club
Hawthorn
The UK seems to make news in Australia more than over here. I've seen things like the Calgary Stampede and Milwaukee Bucks celebrations and I'm just wondering what restrictions we have in North America that they don't? We do have some capacity limitations still for a few weeks. Is it mainly border restrictions and their freedom to travel?
People on BF argue on political lines. They can't think rationally outside their political bias. It's only because it's Boris making the calls. If Trump was still in charge, they'd be saying America is crazy, they're opening too quickly.

Hawk Dork

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts Zombie Lover BeanCoiNFT Investor
Feb 9, 2005
on the road to nowhere
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Hawks
Even through years of drug and alcohol abuse, Clapton produced genius music, stone cold sober he comes out with all this Covid denying bollocks. There's a lesson for us all there.
Ronna sent Van Morrison a little funny too

Hawk Dork

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts Zombie Lover BeanCoiNFT Investor
Feb 9, 2005
on the road to nowhere
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Hawks
Greg Hunt has confirmed that the Therapeutic Goods Administration has approved the Pfizer vaccine for 12 to 15-year-olds overnight.

burge13

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 25, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
Greg Hunt has confirmed that the Therapeutic Goods Administration has approved the Pfizer vaccine for 12 to 15-year-olds overnight.

Thank god!

No more stories of children passing it on at school which were coming by the million!

No more children dying of rona which was happening daily

Thank the lord they are protected against the virus that was causing so much damage to the age group and that we have so much evidence pass on.

Gotta actually have the vaccine in stock to administer it....

WHOOPS

Even Singapore seems to have tried to get back to normal. Edit: they have reintroduced restrictions.

Definitely don’t want things to escalate anywhere but removing restrictions just seems negligent of governments.

We will soon see who is amongst the quickest to adapt to change and remain healthy at the same time.

I hope NSW’s figures improve today because they are truly at a pivotal point in all of this. If cases don’t start dipping, they need much tighter restrictions.

Hindsight says they probably began their limited restrictions a week too late (unaided by people not doing their bit to stay home where possible and minimise transmission potential).

Anyone who isn't willing to get the vaxx can have the option to listen to Eric Clapton on repeat for a week or get the jab. Should sort out any hesitancy pretty quick.
Depends what era, if you go for the Cream/Derek years that would be okay, if you go for the maudlin 80s, Phil Collins on drums era I'd argue that's cruel and unusual as outlined by the Geneva Convention.

craigos

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 2, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Liverpool
Queensland has recorded one new community case of Covid 19 in the past day – a Qantas flight attendant who flew from Brisbane to various regional locations and authorities are urgently trying to trace everyone on those flights.

CHO Jeanette Young said the Brisbane woman was infectious from July 11 and crewed six flights between Brisbane and the regional locations of Longreach, Hervey Bay and Gladstone.

The Chief Health Officer Jeannette Young says the woman has the delta variant that is circulating in Sydney and they’re unsure how she contracted it.

Queensland has entered the chat...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back