Preview RND 19 - Carlton v North Melbourne Saturday 24th July 1.45PM @ Marvel

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don’t disagree but in this case it really feels like Honey has been kicking the door down for a while, in a position which isn’t particularly deep for us and in a team which hasn’t been going great at his time in the club.

Reckon he, alongside most supporters, would be frustrated.

Can't help but feel some posters here are really overhyping Honey...even just reading the VFL reports I don't see how you got 'he's been kicking the door down for a while' notion...I see consistent feedback that he needs to stay involved in the game more. He hasn't even kicked that many goals.

Can't help but feel some posters here are really overhyping Honey...even just reading the VFL reports I don't see how you got 'he's been kicking the door down for a while' notion...I see consistent feedback that he needs to stay involved in the game more. He hasn't even kicked that many goals.
Starting to regret using that phrase hahah.

Guess I’m just of the view that he’s played well enough, on enough occasions, to warrant inclusion into the team in place of guys who who have struggled in that spot in the senior side.

On exactly what basis could you possibly trust this club? Apart from blind faith.
Great band with Stevie Winwood, Eric Clapton and Ginger Baker. :thumbsu:

Last edited:
Rutheless bunch, love the passion.

In my view, 1 game in 2 years in a side that is struggling and desperate for the next small fwd. You have Honey, time and time again kicking goals in the 2s. Blistering speed and great skills, I wouldn't blame him for looking elsewhere, would expect he fits the mould of what a lot of teams want.

I hope the word is true and I hope he does stay, I like him a lot.
I read somewhere it's his defensive side holding him back, that he gets lost occasionally defending space.

Cunnington and Anderson are two huge INs for North.

Their midfield is actually looking really good at the moment.

I think the clear area we have on them is our defence...I'd expect our defence to dominate their forward line, as long as our midfield is applying decent pressure.

Cunners yes,Anderson hasn’t played for awhile could be rusty.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Cunnington and Anderson are two huge INs for North.

Their midfield is actually looking really good at the moment.

I think the clear area we have on them is our defence...I'd expect our defence to dominate their forward line, as long as our midfield is applying decent pressure.
Tarrant out for them is going to hurt

Honey is in the same position as Owies, Stocker and Kennedy were - racking up good numbers week in week out and having to wait for an opportunity. Ed Curnow made a very good point about how to get picked - he said you have to beat your competition in training first. My advice to Honey would be to smash whoever he is up against in training and do it over and over again as well as keep playing well in VFL.

Hasn't been kicking the door down, just knocking at the moment

On exactly what basis could you possibly trust this club? Apart from blind faith.
Its about the "support" bit in "supporter".
If you can't possibly trust the club do something about it.
There are other clubs where you might be much happier.
Being a supporter is all about enjoying the experience after all.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

could have got a look in when Eddie was struggling but Eddie and Owies have been playing well the last 8-10 weeks. Or maybe played instead of Martin when martin returned - martin should have played a week or two in the magoos

Eddie and Martin have runs on the board and both are impactful up forward atm. Martin can also play midfield a bit.

Certainly not this;

Managed : Martin
In : Honey or Ramsay
Sub : Cripps if fit/Murphy.

Murphy is not the sub, reward someone like a Honey or Ramsay as you say, Murphy returns through the twos. If we lose this week, then maybe I would be ok with handing him a few more games to get to 300, sickening for the kids players busting a gut that have been better than him playing for their careers this year.

Cripps is arguably our best player, he is fit enough for the 22 or he is out of the squad.

Martin was in our 5 best players last week, is returning to fitness and doesn’t need to be managed at all.

My take, I wouldn’t have changed the team of Crippa wasn’t returning. Owies out makes sense as Crippa going forward this week. Owies needs a freshen up too to find his kicking boots and get the body right, he’s a keeper.

In regards to promoting kids from the vfl, Kennedy was regularly racking up bulk stat, was our best player for a long time. He was banging the door down, and has come in with the same form due to the confidence he has gained. I would love to see the same with the kids playing at the moment, can’t hurt them at all.

Not that it matters too much, I either strongly agree with some of your observations and strongly disagree on others.
Martins form has been patchier than Owies for example.
See who we get Saturday on the park

Its about the "support" bit in "supporter".
If you can't possibly trust the club do something about it.
There are other clubs where you might be much happier.
Being a supporter is all about enjoying the experience after all.

That doesn’t mean we have to agree with every move they make. It isn’t all rainbows and lollipops.

I hope we go with Cripps at centre half forward. Great mark, great in traffic, contest and with ground balls, great at feeding off and can run like a mid.

We have proven we don't really need him in the middle with Kennedy going so well and others stepping up, he might actually disrupt that setup and unbalanced things in there (make us too big too slow again).

We've never really seen Cripps play forward fresh, he's only really rested there so wasn't ever using all his tools. If he took to a forward role it would be huge for us. Could be a pinch hitting mid like Martin or Stringer. Could even be an elite relief ruck as good as SOS has been Cripps would be better and he has experience as the 3rd man up before it was banned.

It's something we need to explore. Structurally it makes sense for this game too.

he lumbers a bit like the Duke did back when....

That doesn’t mean we have to agree with every move they make. It isn’t all rainbows and lollipops.
Absolutely true and I support you on that.

However your comment went way further than not agreeing on every move they make.
To me it sounded a whole lot more resolute.

"On exactly what basis could you possibly trust this club? Apart from blind faith."

Saw in the rumour thread that Harry has a toe injury and is in doubt.

Might end up with a forward line of JSOS, Cripps and Kemp at this rate.
Surely not - the CFC Instagram have gone with the narrative that it's a clash of the brothers on the weekend. Unless of course, he hurt himself today or yesterday?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back