Preview RND 19 - Carlton v North Melbourne Saturday 24th July 1.45PM @ Marvel

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saw in the rumour thread that Harry has a toe injury and is in doubt.

Might end up with a forward line of JSOS, Cripps and Kemp at this rate.
His parents wouldnt have been rolled out on media street if he was in any doubt.. Would be seen like Michael Zerafa walking away from Tim Tsyu if he pulled out now.. The relationship between Ben & Harry sounds like it is ultra competitive.. The boys just need to make sure he gets an easy look early to settle his nerves because if he has to wait until Q4 like last week, i can see H getting suspended for punching his brother and risks giving away some silly undisciplined free kicks.

And Fogerty 'managed' last week, sits on the bench for the whole game, out of the 23 this week?
They had played all those players they could a full game in the scratch match -- cotterell was a late in left fogarty as medical sub - taking risk maybe we didn't have an early out .. I don't see anything wrong with this -- he's been average for last month .. really needs to work on his disposal and goal kicking ..

They had played all those players they could a full game in the scratch match -- cotterell was a late in left fogarty as medical sub - taking risk maybe we didn't have an early out .. I don't see anything wrong with this -- he's been average for last month .. really needs to work on his disposal and goal kicking ..

Sure, but 'managed'?
Why not just say omitted?

Surely not - the CFC Instagram have gone with the narrative that it's a clash of the brothers on the weekend. Unless of course, he hurt himself today or yesterday?
McKay's parents were on the phone this morning talking to SEN about the matchup, so I doubt it'd be yesterday otherwise they would've heard he's in doubt.

Honey is in the same position as Owies, Stocker and Kennedy were - racking up good numbers week in week out and having to wait for an opportunity. Ed Curnow made a very good point about how to get picked - he said you have to beat your competition in training first. My advice to Honey would be to smash whoever he is up against in training and do it over and over again as well as keep playing well in VFL.

Older players in other teams hold their spots because they are killing it - Eddie is absolutely average - he has had one good game which we lost.....

Small forwards should be helping out across the field more and this is what Honey brings - highlighted by the VFL coaches specifically.
Eddie has low tackles, low marks, low disposals and average goal kicking - one big game as mentioned.

Commentators go ballistic if he touches the ball once - but his actual output is very low.

Capture.PNG

Saw in the rumour thread that Harry has a toe injury and is in doubt.

Might end up with a forward line of JSOS, Cripps and Kemp at this rate.
Cheersquad hinting at the same thing on Twitter. I always knew the McKay twins were just 1 person!

I feel like a bit of a humourless prick, but there’s no way he wasn’t gonna be picked after the decision was made by the match committee*. That video could’ve easily been Jarrod Cameron having a laugh about missing his first 9 kicks (ideally even more - every extra missed kick would make it more reminiscent of Sideshow Bob stepping on rakes) before kicking the 10th and still being selected.

But zero chance anyone’s selection is truly based on kicking a single goal…

*10 missed shots in an increasingly high pressure situation but otherwise perfect conditions might just make a coach send the social media team away and quietly put a red line through the player’s name for that week
I don't think anyone believed that he would get a game based on whether or not he kicked the goal.
The selection would have been done prior to the kicking exercise, but it just would have been a bit of fun, team building, seeing how he goes under pressure.
As has been mentioned and shown, it's been done before, so it wasn't really much of a leap to think that's what was happening.
Have since seen someone else say that it was just a goalkicking contest, which seems feasible, but I feel that Kemp's reaction to kicking it and the pile on from the players was a bit over the top for an after-training goalkicking comp.

I don't think anyone believed that he would get a game based on whether or not he kicked the goal.
The selection would have been done prior to the kicking exercise, but it just would have been a bit of fun, team building, seeing how he goes under pressure.
As has been mentioned and shown, it's been done before, so it wasn't really much of a leap to think that's what was happening.
Have since seen someone else say that it was just a goalkicking contest, which seems feasible, but I feel that Kemp's reaction to kicking it and the pile on from the players was a bit over the top for an after-training goalkicking comp.

Maybe someone at the club read the BF criticism of the celebration of Stocker's goal and decided the boys needed to practice celebrating:D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sure, but 'managed'?
Why not just say omitted?
Last time he was out also managed ..

Probably if they put omitted they know big footy and media will go absolutely Ape$&@) if they bring him back in in front of durdin ramsay honey with no VFL -- footy department switched on these days since Barker gone

Some positives..

- We have won 3 of our last 4
- Last week we came from behind against the arch rival with neither of our Co-Captains playing
- 12/22 selected this week are 24 or under, with seemingly their best football ahead of them
- Charlie Curnow return is imminent
- This is another very winnable game on Saturday
- One of our Co-Captains is back
- Finals are still a mathematical possibility
- Sam Walsh is possibly the second coming of Jesus Christ and he is wearing Navy Blue

Some positives..

- We have won 3 of our last 4
- Last week we came from behind against the arch rival with neither of our Co-Captains playing
- 12/22 selected this week are 24 or under, with seemingly their best football ahead of them
- Charlie Curnow return is imminent
- This is another very winnable game on Saturday
- One of our Co-Captains is back
- Finals are still a mathematical possibility
- Sam Walsh is possibly the second coming of Jesus Christ and he is wearing Navy Blue
Possible any chance of Charlie Curnow playing next week?

I think this is the point you're missing... his selection doesn't really depend on whether he kicks the goal or not. It's just a fun way to announce it and get the boys excited and celebrate after he kicks it.

Like others have said it's been done several times before and shared on social media, as ours was. It looked exactly the same. What other reason is there for everyone getting so excited at kicking a bog average goal from 20 out directly in front? It's not a big stretch to think that's what was happening.

Another alternative is that our goal kicking is actually actually more dreadful than previously thought and even kicking a goal at training gets you swamped by teammates..

Gah! I missed no point!

I know this of course - my original comment on the matter was just that people here (and on Twitter, which may have clouded my view) really did seem to actually believe his selection was based on that kick.

And then, by extension, I figured fans of other clubs thought the same thing about similar social media posts by their team. Agree it’s purely and simply a bit of fun, I just shudder a bit thinking that some adults might believe the kicks mean something

Yeah I’ve obviously miscommunicated something here - I got the distinct vibe that some people here thought Kemp’s selection (?) was based on the results of the kick for goal

Sorry I don't understand what you're saying, why couldn't Harry be a late change?
The post you quoted said Harry has a toe injury. You said that the cheersquad was hinting at the same thing.
Just clarifying that the cheersquad is only hinting at a late change, not who that might be. It's others that are commenting on the cheersquad's post that are saying/asking if it's Harry.
It COULD be Harry. Not sure if that was your intention, but because you quoted the post about Harry, it made it look like you were saying that the cheersquad was hinting at Harry also. Was just clarifying for others who may not use twitter, that they didn't specify who.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back