2023/2024 Gold Coast Draft & Trade periods

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Given the list squeeze for us, and not yet introducing Hollands, Davies or Jeffrey, I guesstimate:

1.5 picks

Feels like last year.
Put the top pick on the table, get nothing worthwhile, so trade everything else for end-of-life kpp and future picks, and just take the top 10'er to the draft.
If I was a Brisbane list manager, I would have our 2022 first round pick on the trade table.

Start of the year I had Ned Stevens, Will Bella, Jye Lockett, Austin Harris and Brodie Uwland as potential academy selections I still potentially see us taking all of those with the exception of Lockett.

So one pick then trade the rest out. This is our final year with 49 players on the list. So either this year or next we need to drop and extra 4-5 players
Do you have any game-information about Ned Stevens play this year?
Does his play this year suggest he is draft worthy?

Say Harbrow retires that makes space for Ned Moyle. Then we ideally need to delist or trade at least another 4-5 players. Murdoch, Hombsch, Townsend, Smith get delisted all are rookie players so the likes of Brodie, McLennan one would suggest get moved to the rookie list

Actually found that he's selected in the u19 allies team at CHF

Will see how he goes in the national champs.

With literally 0 game form, it's hard to imagine he is getting selected at this point.

Yeah I would agree but as a key forward VB prospect and the draft shallow on those types of players who knows.

GOLD COAST
Out of contract (13): Matt Conroy, Sam Day (UFA), Aiden Fyfe, Jarrod Harbrow (UFA), Jack Hombsch (UFA), Sean Lemmens (UFA), Jordan Murdoch (UFA), Patrick Murtagh, Hewago Paul Oea, Malcolm Rosas, Zac Smith (UFA), Luke Towey, Jacob Townsend (UFA)

Sam Flanders capped his second season with a fresh two-year deal this week, while Lemmens’ good form down back has him primed to re-sign for up to three seasons. Day is another player expected to commit soon. Rosas made his AFL debut this year and has admirers, while list sizes may determine the future for Towey, Murtagh, Conroy, Oea and Fyfe. Townsend, Harbrow, Murdoch and Hombsch look to be coming to the end of their careers.

GOLD COAST
Out of contract (13): Matt Conroy, Sam Day (UFA), Aiden Fyfe, Jarrod Harbrow (UFA), Jack Hombsch (UFA), Sean Lemmens (UFA), Jordan Murdoch (UFA), Patrick Murtagh, Hewago Paul Oea, Malcolm Rosas, Zac Smith (UFA), Luke Towey, Jacob Townsend (UFA)
Also Nicholls??

I’d delist harbrow, hombsch, Murdoch, ace, towey, townsend

I’d re sign lemmens, day, Fyfe, murtagh

smith depends on recruiting.

undecided on Nicholls, rosas, Conroy - depends on lost numbers,

Also Nicholls??

I’d delist harbrow, hombsch, Murdoch, ace, towey, townsend

I’d re sign lemmens, day, Fyfe, murtagh

smith depends on recruiting.

undecided on Nicholls, rosas, Conroy - depends on lost numbers,
I did read that list sizes likely won't change. Or at least won't decrease.

GOLD COAST

Sam Flanders capped his second season with a fresh two-year deal this week, while Lemmens’ good form down back has him primed to re-sign for up to three seasons. Day is another player expected to commit soon. Rosas made his AFL debut this year and has admirers, while list sizes may determine the future for Towey, Murtagh, Conroy, Oea and Fyfe. Townsend, Harbrow, Murdoch and Hombsch look to be coming to the end of their careers.

Lemmens I'm really keen to re-sign, has become our premier lockdown small/medium defender.

Day I hope re-signs but on much less coin than his previous contract.

Rosas, Murtagh and potentially one of Smith or Townsend would be good to rookie or re-rookie

The rest I don't think we'll see back again.

SUNS EYE BORN-AGAIN SAINT
GOLD Coast has in-form St Kilda midfielder Luke Dunstan on its radar, with the unrestricted free agent reviving his career with a run of standout games.

The Suns, who are prioritising key forward support in the upcoming off-season, are understood to have expressed interest in Dunstan, who remains out of contract.

Dunstan's career at the Saints looked all but certain to be over earlier this season when he kept out of the senior team with his contract expiring at the end of this year however his run of form has been crucial for the club’s turnaround.

After playing one game last season, Dunstan featured in just one of the first 10 rounds of this season before re-emerging in the midfield for round 11.

He has collected 25 disposals or more in each of his seven games since, including a best-on-ground showing against Richmond in round 15 when he gathered 32 disposals, 10 clearances and a goal to claim the Ian Stewart Medal in a hard-edged showing.

The 26-year-old is an unrestricted free agent, meaning he could walk to the club of his choice with the Saints having no ability to match a free agency bid.

AFL.com.au's Inside Trading revealed in May the Suns' interest in Richmond key forward Callum Coleman-Jones, who has a host of suitors and remains unsigned for 2022. – Callum Twomey

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back