Preview Round 19, 2021: Adelaide v Hawthorn, 24 July 2021, 7.40pm @ Marvel Stadium

Winner and margin

• Hawks by 60+ points

Votes: 3 5.0%
  • Hawks by 30-59 points

Votes: 15 25.0%
  • Hawks by 15-29 points

Votes: 22 36.7%
  • Hawks by 1-14 points

Votes: 11 18.3%
  • Draw

Votes: 5 8.3%
  • Crows by 1-14 points

Votes: 3 5.0%
  • Crows by 15-29 points

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • Crows by 30-59 points

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Crows by 60+ points

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Simon Crawshay

Premiership Player
Jun 4, 2016
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I appreciate the disappointment in jeka being dropped. No doubt there is an argument to retain him. But he had a zero marks, zero goals, zero tackles, 6 disposal game with a meagre 5 pressure acts. His disposals were good quality but just didn’t offer enough in the air or in terms of pressure. Likely gets another shot at in later. Just has to work on being more like involved.
Zero marks is particularly poor for a leading forward.

One thing young forwards need to learn is that at AFL level you very rarely get the ball delivered to you on a plate, you need to scrap and fight and use all of your bag of tricks and nous to make it work.

This is what Gunston is so good at, he makes the most of every opportunity and is always involved in the game as a forward (boy we have missed him this year!)

danielG

All Australian
Jun 27, 2009
richmond
AFL Club
Hawthorn
They better hope North beat Carlton then.
I think if they were dead set on finishing last they'd find better players than Thilthorp to leave out. He's going to be a good player but his form has been on the decline and genuinely looked to need a rest. Now if they left Tex out I'd be suspicious. They brought Doedee back who's a lot more advanced and important to their team after just one week with concussion. Think they could try their best and lose in any case.

Stratton24

Premiership Player
Aug 29, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I think if they were dead set on finishing last they'd find better players than Thilthorp to leave out. He's going to be a good player but his form has been on the decline and genuinely looked to need a rest. Now if they left Tex out I'd be suspicious. They brought Doedee back who's a lot more advanced and important to their team after just one week with concussion. Think they could try their best and lose in any case.
they also chose Marvel instead of the MCG

danielG

All Australian
Jun 27, 2009
richmond
AFL Club
Hawthorn
they also chose Marvel instead of the MCG
Maybe they figure MCG is our home ground and we play that ground better than we do Marvel... I don't know, its hard to say if a team is tanking until you see what they dish out on the field. Mind you when Cunnington was left out of the Roos last team I thought that was evidence enough of them not being 100% committed to win, which they most likely would have if Cunnington had played against Bombers.

Stratton24

Premiership Player
Aug 29, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Maybe they figure MCG is our home ground and we play that ground better than we do Marvel... I don't know, its hard to say if a team is tanking until you see what they dish out on the field. Mind you when Cunnington was left out of the Roos last team I thought that was evidence enough of them not being 100% committed to win, which they most likely would have if Cunnington had played against Bombers.
Cunnington had some serous family issues that required him to stay in Melbourne

danielG

All Australian
Jun 27, 2009
richmond
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Cunnington had some serous family issues that required him to stay in Melbourne
I heard he had a baby due in 6 weeks or something, maybe that wasn't the full extent of his family issues, in which case fair enough that he stay home. He's back this week and they are a Big chance against the Blues. Makes for an interesting round 23 clash against the Crows if Roos do win this one and Crows lose to hawks.

Burtman

Club Legend
Oct 7, 2016
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I feel a big win coming on, Adelaide have looked listless lately. I feel another hawthorn late rally this season and we rattle off a couple of pointless wins to move up the ladder abit. It’ll be fairly disappointing to have a pick outside the top 5 but still have had such a poor year overall

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back