Mega Thread The Media Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn’t see anything wrong with what he said. Only used Shuey as an example.

It’s insane how much attention this is getting. There’s like 3 articles on the west about it, when he was merely quoting their coach.

schofield, embley, Langdon & sumich could all say something completely False about Freo and we get nothing or they’ll back each other up haha.

Hey Siri, show me the definition of ‘entitlement’.

View attachment 1183999
I hope he gets dragged over the coals for this.
Every parent of a potential draftee from a public school or who has a marriage breakup should be shown this.
It’s a slap in the face to over half the population.
I have zero respect left for Simpson.

Every parent of a potential draftee from a public school or who has a marriage breakup should be shown this.
Not much better than the comments Rendell made about not wanting to recruit indigenous players who didn't have a white parent.

Draws a line in the sand based on background and declares all characters that come from that will be a prescribed way.

It’s a *en stupid, classist, generalisation and it makes my blood boil.

Kids from divorced parents can end up better off because their parents divorced. I imagine it’s worse for a child if a toxic relationship is left to continue.

It’s incredible that these idiotic ideas still pervade. I wonder if they check if the families are regular church goers as well??

Not much better than the comments Rendell made about not wanting to recruit indigenous players who didn't have a white parent.

Draws a line in the sand based on background and declares all characters that come from that will be a prescribed way.
I'm really glad freo came from the wafl and not the vfl.

vfl despite the narrative that they drive a lot increased inclusiveness have only really done that the last 30 years and if we are honest the last 20 years. the sanfl, ntfl and wafl i reckon did a lot more of the hard yards during harder times to achieve this (apartheid). think 50s, 60, 70s and 80s.
the vfl's talent identification and development system pushes kids to elitist private schools.

in this particular instance i think this attitude is spread from the above two statements (its also infected WA but at the same time wafl clubs are still king in actual development).

the two not vfl created teams port and freo have had by far the more indigenous players play for them (despite only being in the comp 25 year). 20 percent of all afl/vfl indigenous players have played for fremantle (a staggering statistic when you think about it).
west coast and adelaide despite being in the same location just with different origins lag behind severely. I think this is because of the imported victorian bias in drafting.

It’s a fu**en stupid, classist, generalisation and it makes my blood boil.

Kids from divorced parents can end up better off because their parents divorced. I imagine it’s worse for a child if a toxic relationship is left to continue.

It’s incredible that these idiotic ideas still pervade. I wonder if they check if the families are regular church goers as well??
i grew up in Albany

fun fact; public school kids from albany outperform private school kids from albany. not sure if that happens in other rural areas but this definitely happens in albany.
the theory is that public school kids need to work a bit harder or rely less on networks of support so when we all make the 450km trek north we outperform the private school kids.
(ps mum did some teaching at the grammar there. apparently this used to really s##t the administration there)

point is private schools aren't actually better.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i grew up in Albany

fun fact; public school kids from albany outperform private school kids from albany. not sure if that happens in other rural areas but this definitely happens in albany.
the theory is that public school kids need to work a bit harder or rely less on networks of support so when we all make the 450km trek north we outperform the private school kids.
(ps mum did some teaching at the grammar there. apparently this used to really s##t the administration there)

Yeah, Michael Gardiner is from Albany, pretty sure he was a private school kid.

Not the smartest tool in the shed.

Yeah, Michael Gardiner is from Albany, pretty sure he was a private school kid.

Not the smartest tool in the shed.
nah apparently he is quite sharp when he wants to be.

but, in the words of his grandmother "he can be a very naughty boy, very naughty indeed".

i grew up in Albany

I think it completely depends on the kid.

Private schools definitely offer more if the kid has the work ethic and determination (access to coaches, great competition in the PSA ect)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back