Preview Geelong V Richmond at MCG Sun Jul 25 @ 320 pm - Rd 19

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ratugolea's game on the weekend has been massively overrated on here, the bloke kicked 1 goal and had 9 touches in a 10 goal win...

Ah yes the look at the stats game. How does Hawkins go up forward on his own with opposition tall defenders able to absolutely swamp him? Sav not bad as a 2nd ruck behind Stanley either. With JC out he stays in. Played his role just fine last week and kept others where we'd prefer them.

Last edited:
Just the 2 changes with this afternoons updated team announcement

Round 19 Team
In: Gary Rohan, Lachie Henderson

Out: Brad Close (managed), Quinton Narkle (omitted)

BacksTom AtkinsMark BlicavsJack Henry
Half BacksTom StewartLachie HendersonJake Kolodjashnij
CentrelineSam MenegolaCameron GuthrieZach Tuohy
Half ForwardsBrandan ParfittEsava RatugoleaGryan Miers
ForwardsShaun HigginsTom HawkinsGary Rohan
FollowersRhys StanleyJoel SelwoodPatrick Dangerfield
InterchangeLuke DahlhausMark O'ConnorIsaac Smith
Jed Bews
EmergenciesZach GuthrieBrad CloseMax Holmes
Quinton Narkle

And for comparisons sake, this is what the team looked like last night when originally named with the extended bench

Since last night we've moved Higgins & Rohan from the bench to the forward line with Bews & Smith being "dropped" to the bench

BacksTom AtkinsJake KolodjashnijJack Henry
Half BacksTom StewartLachie HendersonMark Blicavs
Half ForwardsPatrick DangerfieldEsava RatugoleaGryan Miers
ForwardsJed BewsTom HawkinsIsaac Smith
FollowersRhys StanleyJoel SelwoodBrandan Parfitt
InterchangeShaun HigginsQuinton NarkleLuke Dahlhaus
Max HolmesBrad CloseZach Guthrie
Gary RohanMark O'Connor

Round 19 Team

Jed Bews
Quinton Narkle
Guessing Narkle will be the Sub

Ratugolea's game on the weekend has been massively overrated on here, the bloke kicked 1 goal and had 9 touches in a 10 goal win...
For me it was pure effort
The fact he Atleast attempted to crash a pack and fly for marks.
Shows he poor he has been all year if that got me excited

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mission accomplished? Mitch Cleary is p weak. Master stroke he selects zuthrie and kolo and Sav? I mean who cares what fluff he talks in the media? Fake intellectual that guy. Get cup No.2 and I’ll start to listen!
The point being Mitch is an AFL insider. It's his job to spin the message Gil wants. He was trying to get Scott to offer some bullshit answer to a question they both know the correct answer to. Scott refuses to offer a club position until he has manouvered Mitch to admit the truth, and then he gives the bullshit answer.

It was a pretty big embarrassment for the AFL at the hands of Mitch, while Scott kept the club above the muck raking. This is an important issue for the club, financially and morally - that is why it is important. We gave no ground whilst saving face.

Cups are great. But clubs are integral parts of communities in Australia. It's important to Geelong people. Hell, it's important to me and I don't even live in the same state. I can't imagine being engaged in the football issues of my club only if they are winning - in country footy you don't have much choice, you have your club's back through thick and through thin. So I don't really understand your position and can't comment on it.

Last edited:
Scott and the mc sticking to policy, and keeping young players who are performing out, while keeping the underperforming favourites in. You know come finals time they will do it again too.

he was omitted on "managed".

plus he didn't play 2 weeks ago so why would he need rest?

Not sure the suggestion is that Narkle is being managed/rested but that others will be as the season continues and that will present Narkle with an opportunity to play

I can't remember the last time they rested Hawkins.

Would it be the Freo final in Geelong? Remember hearing that he could've been playing, but they decided to give him an extra week off to get his back right.

Higgins on media street for his 250th. Obviously gagging for a media role post career. I mean get a kick! Wonder how jittery he will be under tiger heat?

How jittery was he when he had 23 touches and a goal in 69% game time against the Tigers back in Round 9?

Round 19 Team

Jed Bews
Quinton Narkle
Narkle the short straw draw. He is doing everything he can, I hope he has the maturity to hold his s**t together and keep up the good efforts. A long way out from this week's game still, let alone finals, so anything can happen.

Close is interesting. He does play a physical game for a bloke his size, but I didn't notice anything last week - must be a tough nugget.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back