Preview Round 19, 2021 | North Melbourne vs Carlton @ Marvel Stadium | Saturday, 24 July @ 1:45pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Frank Thring

Premiership Player
Mar 3, 2016
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Brady walks into Noble's office and plonks himself down on the chair opposite the coach. Under his arm wedged into left arm pit, is a piece of paper titled Team Lineup vs Carlton. With out uttering a word, his right hand wips the piece of paper from his left armpit and then slams it on the desk right in front of Nobel.

Nobel frozen for a few seconds after Rawlings' auspicious entrance peers down and picks up the paper. Rawlings tells him to read it out loud so they both had a common understanding of what is about to be read out with any questions dealt with if they arose.

Noble proceeds to read out the team

"Outs, Cunnington, Goldstein, Thomas, LDU, Larkey, Zurhaar, at this point Noble stopped reading and peered over the paper and looked at Rawlings. "Keep reading" was Rawlings response. "McKay and Anderson all out due to Covid" continued Noble. "Have they got Covid?" "no" was Rawlings' quick stoic reply.

At this point Noble thought it would be wise to actually not ask any questions as he stared at Rawlings picking his teeth with a Damascus Steel Hunting Knife.

The Anvil

Club Legend
Oct 5, 2004
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Yep & look how Bard Scott treated him …. Paul Ahern ring a bell ? Or How about Ryan Bastinac perhaps?

Personal opinion but Ahern seemed like he didn't want it enough with his work effort. I was a fan of Basti but he really didn't set the world on fire in Brissy either.

Some players might be talented but just aren't desperate enough.

RossHenshaw

Club Legend
Sep 12, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Personal opinion but Ahern seemed like he didn't want it enough with his work effort. I was a fan of Basti but he really didn't set the world on fire in Brissy either.

Some players might be talented but just aren't desperate enough.
Hate to say it but these 2 players would have been stars at clubs like the swans , Hawks (at the time) etc ..
they have a track record of making average into gold

Hate to say it but these 2 players would have been stars at clubs like the swans , Hawks (at the time) etc ..
they have a track record of making average into gold

That's a massive stretch.

Jul 26, 2007
The Tree
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Arsenal, Coney Island Warriors
$hit, let's troll the Blews and send Ben forward to kick 9 👍

And then when he kicks his first have him lift his guernsey to show him wearing a Brazil jersey.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oct 12, 2008
The North of Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Interesting to see Nick Larkey has a Carlton doormat. Hopefully he'll wipe his feet on the real Carlton Football Club this weekend
1627031480573.png

Feb 26, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Boston Celtics
Sure for the McKay twin match up which would have been fun.

But we're now missing McKay/Charlie Curnow/Casboult/McGovern and back ups O MCDonald and Pittonet (ruck but would release De Koning forward). Even Marchbank who is a defender but could go forward or release Jones or Weitering forward.

Crazy that we have 7 talls injured, including our best 4 tall forwards.
Oh you have injuries.
1627031914539.gif

Brady walks into Noble's office and plonks himself down on the chair opposite the coach. Under his arm wedged into left arm pit, is a piece of paper titled Team Lineup vs Carlton. With out uttering a word, his right hand wips the piece of paper from his left armpit and then slams it on the desk right in front of Nobel.

Nobel frozen for a few seconds after Rawlings' auspicious entrance peers down and picks up the paper. Rawlings tells him to read it out loud so they both had a common understanding of what is about to be read out with any questions dealt with if they arose.

Noble proceeds to read out the team

"Outs, Cunnington, Goldstein, Thomas, LDU, Larkey, Zurhaar, at this point Noble stopped reading and peered over the paper and looked at Rawlings. "Keep reading" was Rawlings response. "McKay and Anderson all out due to Covid" continued Noble. "Have they got Covid?" "no" was Rawlings' quick stoic reply.

At this point Noble thought it would be wise to actually not ask any questions as he stared at Rawlings picking his teeth with a Damascus Steel Hunting Knife.
What in the smut is this

Dec 18, 2014
Victoria
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Pierce & Pierce, Stratton Oakmont
Damn. Carlton supporting mate and I have been anticipating the 'McKay Showdown' for the past 5 years. Carlton is the biggest game on my Footy Calendar, and we still can't go the footy together.

grimface_87

Premiership Player
May 27, 2008
Melbourne territory
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Damn. Carlton supporting mate and I have been anticipating the 'McKay Showdown' for the past 5 years. Carlton is the biggest game on my Footy Calendar, and we still can't go the footy together.

Surely the AFL schedules it at the MCG for 2022 when we can finally go? We were supposed to play Carlton there last year

Chairman Zia

All Australian
Jul 22, 2021
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Yes, confidence is fickle but in this case Laz is a fringe best 22 player and not even if all the team was fit.

He’s a first year player who has shown all the traits that he’ll work hard to become regular best 22. For mine, it’s that simple.

If I had a pick a player where confidence is probably shot, I suspect Will Walker.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

yes, cut him, i don't think he has adapted to the afl circuit hence he is constantly injured and out of form.

Dec 18, 2014
Victoria
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Pierce & Pierce, Stratton Oakmont
Surely the AFL schedules it at the MCG for 2022 when we can finally go? We were supposed to play Carlton there last year
Don't even get me started on the MCG debacle. I was pumped last year when I saw we had like 4 games at the G. I believe we were supposed to play Carlton, *, Ninthmond and the Dawks. Of course the Lockdowns changed everything.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back