Preview RND 19 - Carlton v North Melbourne Saturday 24th July 1.45PM @ Marvel

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe there’ll be another late out (small fwd?) who Owies effectively replaces with Kemp coming in as the late in, so maybe wrong footing NM?
Just trying to make sense of Owies for McKay.

Maybe Kemp isn’t ready.

Kid hasn’t played CHF since early 2019 and they were very brief stints. Whilst it would be nice to see him soon he’s not the answer.

Is Weitering any chance of being pushed forward with Harry out?

Honestly, no one has a clue at the moment.

I think first up, we’ll go Cripps and JSOS. If that doesn’t work, one of Weitering or Jones will be thrown forward.

It is what worries me. There seems to be more often that not and out of balance selection structure choice.
Ironically when there were not so many talls injured they picked too many for both ends of ground. Now there barely any, the pick a forward pocket with giant key forward is out. Fair enough, be nuts to pick Charlie after 20 mins of footy in near two years, but least Kemp has played some footy in recent months and has some height to be a target.
I do not get picking a small when you lose a tall key forward and you were already struggling for options in ruck and key forward in last two weeks.
It is nuts.
The actual team from last weeks is - OUT McKay
IN - Cripps

It is not nuts.

I have serious concerns over what happens in our MC…

Last week (or week before, can’t remember), we ”manage” Fogarty to then play him as the sub. He’s either being managed or he is good to go.

We then run with Kemp making his debut for him to not be selected. Owies is “managed”. McKay pulls out and then we replace him with Owies. Whilst Kemp remains on the sideline.

Seriously leaves you scratching your head.

Old time hockey reg …
74EEEFCD-66F4-48A3-918E-D237320B9675.jpeg

Release the mosquito fleet! Hit the small and quick lead up targets and avoid McKay/Walker and take them out of the game. If our skills are good enough we should be ok. Bit of a shame though as I was looking forward to seeing the twins going at it.

With the rumours swirling around about Kemp debut and who might miss - let's not forget the weekly tradition of having a random mystery injury crop up on a Thursday.

That's the exciting thing about being a Carlton supporter - it could be anyone who misses!

Nooooo!

Seriously. Not like this! Anyone but Harry as the mysterious injury of the week...

Is Weitering any chance of being pushed forward with Harry out?

NFW, the backline need to be kept together and steeled to hold the kangas to 9 goals or less

We just need to run them off their feet and go forward with purpose and eyes lowered.

Don’t bomb it at anytime, if in doubt or under significant pressure kick the chaos ball.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Norf clearly now too tall down back.

Seriously, though, if we bomb it long tomorrow my TV may not survive.

THIS, I’m watching this game on the 40inch Soniq out in the games room. I just don’t trust myself tomorrow

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sad for H - but will be more mobile around the ground. Exit kicks will be cut off so will need to put abit of speed on the ball and play through the middle I think. I think our long kicks to the boundary line and get a contest in won't work. Halve aerial contests around the ground and convincingly win ground ball gets. Forwards just need to be more mobile and run around alot creating space for each other.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back