Preview Sydney Swans vs Fremantle Dockers, Sunday 12:30pm @ Metricon

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I don't want to lose Stephens. I think all our young players need to tough it out in our system. Especially when we've taken him with such a high pick.
He'd barely get a game in any side in the comp based on form.

Paul Roos used to load our team up with half backs, us having a million of them. These days Longmire seems to be of the opinion you can never have to many small forwards. I can't imagine there are to many teams out there that have gone into a match with 4 genuine small forwards.

No, I’m relieved to say I’ve never knowingly met another BF poster in the flesh. Being a mega celebrity in real life it’s vital that my cover is not blown.
There are some fantastic people on here i've had the pleasure to meet and hope to meet a few more

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just looked at the team and Heeney is named deep forward. It is Gulden who has been named on the wing. Perhaps he will spend more time starting wing which is made space for Ronke.

(Not that naming of team is definitive)

Gulden has been playing wing the last game and a half though. He's barely played forward in that time by my eye. Stephens was the third wingman last week with Florent and Gulden so that's what makes me say Heeney will push up tp the wing with another forward (Ronke) brought in.

Reid is already locked in for Amartey, he's named on field and that very rarely changes.

Rowbottom played close to 150% game time last week as he played a full ressies match the day before. So hopefully with a light week, good to go. For me, the only player I'd consider dropping is Bell, and it wouldn't be for Ronke. It'd be for McDonald or Taylor out of the alternatives on the extended bench. Both offer more and were in better reserves form last time we saw them.
Ronke is already named in the side. Same Reid. I wrote that before teams were named.

On JAT-L29 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Really 13 in 2 weeks , i don't think so

we have different opinions on what's important
possessions mean fck-all if you're in the team for reasons other than accruing possessions ... the obsession with stat numbers can be annoying when sometimes you just need to see what you see ...
we do not need every player running up 20-30 touches a week ... we have a solid group of players up and down the field who'll get anything from 10 to 25 a week and do important things with them ... mcinerney, dawson, hewett, heeney, gulden, blakey, florent, hayward, papley, wicks ... not sure any would've hit 30 in a game this year (maybe hewett), most would barely have hit 20 but i'll take them in my side ...

the dogs' macrae gets 30-40 (or more) a game and is considered a star, fair enough ... he was kept to 25 against us and was all but irrelevant ... four other dogs players got more than 25 but only four swans did (dawson, mills, lloyd and parker ... and we know where most of lloyd's 33 were), yet sydney controlled that game and won convincingly

a lot of ordinary teams have players who rack up big stats

bell does a fair bit of stuff that doesn't register on stats sheets but allows those more creative players to get the ball and use it well ... it was his pressure in a pocket last week that ended up in a wicks goal ... not for the first time in the past month
he's a relentless runner and harasser, doesn't back off a contest ...
i'd rather him and rowbottom (who found franklin with two inside-50 passes last week) than ronke and stephens, and i'll back the coaches there
not dismissing stephens or ronke, and good luck to them, but at this stage neither would be in my best 25

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back