Port Adelaide have the wood over Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Rasha

2017🏆 2019🏆 2020🏆
Aug 25, 2019
AFL Club
Richmond
Since Ken has been coach of Port Adelaide.
The Power have won 10 out of 13 games played between the Power and the Pies.

This is despite the fact that during Ken's coaching tenure, both sides having won the same amount of finals matches (4 finals wins) as each other, as well as Collingwood having played in more grand finals than Port Adelaide.

Yet despite this the Power continue to have the wood over the Pies.

Since Ken has been coach of Port Adelaide.
The Power have won 10 out of 13 games played between the Power and the Pies.

This is despite the fact that during Ken's coaching tenure, both sides having won the same amount of finals matches (4 finals wins) as each other, as well as Collingwood having played in more grand finals than Port Adelaide.

Yet despite this the Power continue to have the wood over the Pies.

*everyone gesticulates theatrically*

• Banned
*everyone gesticulates theatrically*

No other club has really had the wood over Collingwood except for Hawthorn.
Even Richmond have only beaten Collingwood in 1 out of the past 5 matches played between the two sides.

No other club has really had the wood over Collingwood except for Hawthorn.
Even Richmond have only beaten Collingwood in 1 out of the past 5 matches played between the two sides.

It’s because they are afraid of us. That’s why they fight so hard to stop us wearing our guernsey.

Apparently Collingwood haven’t beaten us in SA for 10 years.

The 137 point loss in 2011? We beat them in '13, '15 and '17. Don't think there have been any others.

Was last night the first time we've beaten them at Emptyhad? I remember heavy losses in '05, '06, '11, '12 and '19. We've fared much better against them at the MCG.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The 137 point loss in 2011? We beat them in '13, '15 and '17. Don't think there have been any others.

Was last night the first time we've beaten them at Emptyhad? I remember heavy losses in '05, '06, '11, '12 and '19. We've fared much better against them at the MCG.
Yep

That is true.

Also,
Collingwood have won their last 4 encounters against the Crows.
All in South Australia too.
Collingwood have pretty much owned the Crows since day 1.

It's my unbreakable rule in tipping competitions - never tip Adelaide against Collingwood.

Despite only winning 1 flag in the AFL, I reckon we have a winning record against most. Without checking Geelong, Sydney and North would be the only ones we don't?

Clubs we have less than 50% win ratio.

TeamPlayedWinsDrawsLossesPercentage
Brisbane Lions
39​
18​
2​
19​
48.72​
Greater Western Sydney
11​
5​
6​
45.45​
North Melbourne
37​
15​
22​
40.54​
Sydney
32​
12​
20​
37.50​
Geelong
36​
11​
1​
24​
31.94​

Yeah also surprised by that.

After giving them a massive head start, I'm confident of over taking the sh*t heap that is North Melbourne. I doubt we'll go past Sydney or Geelong in my life time.
My only concern is that North Melbourne might fold/merge/relocate before we can go past them.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back