Past Coach NMFC Senior Coach - David Noble has parted ways with NMFC

Coaches of the past.

Remove this Banner Ad

If I'm betting Coach 2 is Noble. Kind of like it, not sure that I necessarily agree with his votes all the time but there is no point giving themselves pats on the back when losing.
Which is why I never believe in (pardon the pun) noble losses. A tight loss in a close contest doesn't get you wildcard entry into a 10-team finals.

An interesting titbit:

First 11 rounds average result:

NM 61 - 97 Opposition

Since the bye:

NM 72 - 80 Opposition

So effectively we are a 28 point per game better side post the bye.
After 11 rounds we had conceded 172.141.1173, which is about 106.6 pts per game.
All other numbers are correct, so we are actually a six goal better team post the bye.

Which is why I never believe in (pardon the pun) noble losses. A tight loss in a close contest doesn't get you wildcard entry into a 10-team finals.

Its about winning the finals. many lessons can be learnt from wins or losses. A tight loss means you likely did many things right, particularly if you're the underdog.

I don't know if Melbourne choking to a draw with Hawthorn, or the draw we got may cost us, after comparing percentages.

I don't think percentage will matter.

Richmond and Adelaide are winnable.

I don't think percentage will matter.

Richmond and Adelaide are winnable.
TBQH considering we played so well even off the back to back interstate games with 6 day breaks, I think Geelong down in Tassie isn't completely outside the realm of possibility. Actually having a genuine ground advantage over that lot might shake things up. That said, Geelong have a tendency to just get s**t done at the business end of the season and they're in far better form than when we took it up to them for a while at their shithole earlier in the year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've been saying it for weeks, we'll break our duck at Adelaide Oval in round 23.

With this team, yes, but I still expect the coming weeks to include quite a few early surgeries where required. It's just logical to be thinking of the next pre-season already.

All year it was the media - Gerrad and his posse of wet blankets saying "North Melbourne need to take a look at what Adelaide have done. Sure, they're probably 2 years ahead of North rebuild. Helped by offloading some talented guys and going into the draft with a few more high picks - but that's the blue print North would want to follow"

One win ahead of us they are. One win.

This isn't a slight on the last two blokes who coached us, but get the feeling David invests in the entire lists with no favorites, and we're seeing a more even spread across the board as a result.

Seems like our 'minimum standard' has improved greatly in the backend of the year.

Looking forward to see how we start 2022 with the footy department settled and a full pre season under his watch.

Thanks David it is so reassuring when the opposition kick the ball deep into their forward line we've numbers to compete. Then when we kick in from fullback well I'm still getting use to us finding targets and no longer just bombing it from fullback.

More improvement in less than a year than others couldn't achieve in the best part of a decade. To have Zurhaar, Cunners, TT, Corr, and Perez unavailable and we're 11 points down against one of the flag favourites.

What is not love peeps?

Thanks David it is so reassuring when the opposition kick the ball deep into their forward line we've numbers to compete. Then when we kick in from fullback well I'm still getting use to us finding targets and no longer just bombing it from fullback.

More improvement in less than a year than others couldn't achieve in the best part of a decade. To have Zurhaar, Cunners, TT, Corr, and Perez unavailable and we're 11 points down against one of the flag favourites.

What is not love peeps?

Tommy Powell a nice in as well.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back