Preview Changes: R19 vs The Port Western Hawkdog Power

Remove this Banner Ad

Not every player is the same or handles things the same.

Hanging your selection policy on McAsey failure to develop is just confirmation bias. Theres many players who thrive in their first year. By thrive, I'm not saying they are instant stars but you see gradual improvement game to game. McAseys failure says everything about McAsey.

You're eventually going to have to go through this development period for players, we.just choose to delay this till it there's simply no other options. This is very bad management.

Yep, I agree with you but who would you like to bring up from the reserves to get games into ?
I reckon Worrell was a good candidate, but I can think of many others ?
I feel Strachan has also deserved a couple of games.

They were not going anywhere when he took them over.

He can coach.
I reckon the Doggies will be tge next team to win multiple flags. My tip for this year.

Good list age, experience spread and Bevo is a good coach.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Bevvo doing that probably cost them at least one more flag.

Considering their talent, the Bulldogs have been very disappointing since 2016. 10th, 13th, 8th and 8th. Hell - even in 2016 they had an incredibly fortunate run from 7th.

They remind me of the Hawthorn side of about a decade prior. Had a young side pinch a flag and then a few years of mid table finishes as the older guys slow down and retire. Now they are geared up to seriously challenge for the next 3-4 years.

Both sides absolutely stacked with left footers too.

I feel Nicks is heading in the right direction.
I think he is ruthless enough to make the best decisions for the club long term.

We will get a better idea of how he is tracking after the delisting /trading to see which players he lets go. I think he understands the system and where we are at as a club and is wanting to get high draft picks into the club so he has something to work with in the future. Time will tell.
Sorry, but yeah/nah. In fact, not.
You just have to look at Selections this year to see how "ruthless" Nicks is.

If Nicks gets the Crows to a steady 3rd-to-7th range, with the occasional PF, Roo and the Admin will love him for it, all the way to more years of mediocrity.
As likable as he is, the Crows will not win their next Flag under Nicks --- it's as obvious as Frampton will not make it at AFL level. Same-same, they go hand-in-hand.
Does anybody here think that Clarko, Bevo or Dimma would have even taken Frampton, let alone given him so many chances? Nfw.

Sorry, but yeah/nah. In fact, not.
You just have to look at Selections this year to see how "ruthless" Nicks is.

If Nicks gets the Crows to a steady 3rd-to-7th range, with the occasional PF, Roo and the Admin will love him for it, all the way to more years of mediocrity.
As likable as he is, the Crows will not win their next Flag under Nicks --- it's as obvious as Frampton will not make it at AFL level. Same-same, they go hand-in-hand.
Does anybody here think that Clarko, Bevo or Dimma would have even taken Frampton, let alone given him so many chances? Nfw.

So which KPD would you put into the team this week ?

Well looks like we're a genuine chance of the wooden spoon now and deservedly so.

Really haven't advanced at all this year.
Its a hard one as while all sides have injuries, had we had talia, m crouch and lynch play most games this year we may have had a few more wins on the board and if after last year we were told we would win around 7 games and still get plenty of games into the kids and only a couple of blowouts (so far), most would have taken it as evolution of the rebuild

So which KPD would you put into the team this week ?
So, Frampton is now a KPD?? :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: That means that Nicks has been playing him in the wrong poz for over a Season, which is even worse.

To answer your question ... :think::think:
OK, who is the try-hardest Crows player in the SANFL?
HIM, for Frampton, but keep moving him onto the shortest player back there.

If you haven't noticed, I am done with Frampton. He shows form in the SANFL, gets promoted, spuds it up, gets dropped, rinse and repeat.

So, Frampton is now a KPD?? :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: That means that Nicks has been playing him in the wrong poz for over a Season, which is even worse.

To answer your question ... :think::think:
OK, who is the try-hardest Crows player in the SANFL?
HIM, for Frampton, but keep moving him onto the shortest player back there.

If you haven't noticed, I am done with Frampton. He shows form in the SANFL, gets promoted, spuds it up, gets dropped, rinse and repeat.

Yep, I would have loved to have seen Himmlberg play in defence, but that would have meant that Nicks has been playing in the wrong position for the last couple of years ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back