Review Dees v Western Bulldogs - the Good, Bad & Fugly - Round 19, 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Give me us leaking goals like a sieve in 2018 with Frost and OMac over this version of Melbourne any day if we are only going to make it as far as a prelim.

Game plan needs adjusting. We have gone too defensive after being too attacking. Need to find a middle ground and forget about this raging hardon we have for the forward half game. Start kicking to more attacking and dangerous spots in our F50 occasionally. We are just too predictable now I feel. If a team kicks 75 points we are pretty much toast.
Do we need to press up again feels like we push hard defensively that there's no pressure coming out of our forward line. There was a play when Daniels was walking it out of defence and we were already set behind the ball, McDonald initially was going to man up the next player in line and then put some pressure on him but it was just an easy kick anyway. Obviously we don't want to go Carlton leaky but we need a balance.

This may sound ridiculous but honestly we'll know if we're any chance before finals anyway. We aren't winning it from 5th so if we make the 4 we'll have to have beaten Suns/Crows and at least one of Eagles/Cats.

I can easily see us losing to Suns, Eagles and Cats

Do we need to press up again feels like we push hard defensively that there's no pressure coming out of our forward line. There was a play when Daniels was walking it out of defence and we were already set behind the ball, McDonald initially was going to man up the next player in line and then put some pressure on him but it was just an easy kick anyway. Obviously we don't want to go Carlton leaky but we need a balance.

Our refusal to kick the ball anywhere near the goal face and open ourselves up to the possibilty of a counter attack is piss weak and a change that has to be made

This may sound ridiculous but honestly we'll know if we're any chance before finals anyway. We aren't winning it from 5th so if we make the 4 we'll have to have beaten Suns/Crows and at least one of Eagles/Cats.

Did a ladder predictor and we can still make top 4 with just winning the suns and crows games and bottling the other 2

We aren't winning it from first given how we've played this second half of the year. Falling into finals even if we finish top. Other teams feel like they are building through their gears while we don't have one beyond 4th.

We aren't winning it from first given how we've played this second half of the year. Falling into finals even if we finish top. Other teams feel like they are building through their gears while we don't have one beyond 4th.

Actually if we end up finishing second or third to play the Cats and Sydney get 4th I'd prefer that.

Actually if we end up finishing second or third to play the Cats and Sydney get 4th I'd prefer that.

I wouldn't back us against anyone but Port or WCE at the G right now.

Our 4th gear is kicking more goals than points like we did early in the yearr

I wouldn't back us against anyone but Port or WCE at the G right now.

Yeah, well if we don't find some form in the next month we won't have to worry about top 4 anyway.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Our 4th gear is kicking more goals than points like we did early in the yearr

We just chug along at 60 to 75 ks (marrys up perfectly with our scoring) in a 100 zone, we don't won't to risk getting a fine :) . If we come up against a cyclist we can still win :)

Good
Starting 9-0, then being 11-1
Beating all the top 8 sides up until tonight.

Bad
Losing this game.
Being 2-3-1 from the last 6 matches.

Fugly
The premiership points dropped to s**t sides - currently positioned 12th, 15th, 16th & 17th on the ladder.
When we miss top 4 because of it.

Good game tonight, I wasnt certain the Dogs would win it, Melbourne are/were more than capable of winning the match. I really enjoy watching Petracca play as an opposition supporter.

If we don't win it I hope you guys do! 🤗 🥰

Holy s**t this board is amazing 😍 ily you all, some stuff here is loony worthy.

GOOD
Kozzie being hard as *, led the boys when everyone else was being a bitch
Vineys work rate in 2nd half
Our back 6 - under the pump all night, often 1v1 and held relatively well

BAD
Fumbles-McFumblebitch describes every single dees player, 1st half especially
Dogs first to the ball, harder every contest
= they smacked us in clearances in 1st half
= they get BOD with free kicks as well, don't whinge

UGLY
Bont was fantastic, very frustrating

Sucks to lose, dogs are very good. Let's just beat a couple of bottom 4 sides for once and we might be in a good spot

If he did he wouldn't cry like Petracca or Lyon
Hopefully he’d cry from the stands like Doug Hawkins did when Melbourne embarrassed Footscray in the 1994 finals. Hopefully he wouldn’t go home and bash his missus like other famous Dogs players though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back