Autopsy Round 19, 2021 | Autopsy vs Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

No idea what it means in the long run, but struggling to remember a North team in my time (I'm 27 for what it's worth) which was this electric.

Lots still to sort, but for the first time we don't look like we're chasing tail - we're trying to be innovative, dynamic and modern.

No idea what it means in the long run, but struggling to remember a North team in my time (I'm 27 for what it's worth) which was this electric.

Lots still to sort, but for the first time we don't look like we're chasing tail - we're trying to be innovative, dynamic and modern.
We were electric in the 90’s.

Kick it to Carey and if he doesn’t mark it let the crumbers like Fruity clean it up.

You had McKernan running around like an oversized midfielder, Byron breaking blokes in half and opposition players pooing their pants when Archer was near the contest.

Great times!

1993, well most of it.

You poor bastard, you missed it by about 6-7 years.

Duck, McKernan, Winnie, Byron, King, Allison, Bell, Schwatta, Boomer.

This group isn't a patch on the above, yet.....

We were electric in the 90’s.

Kick it to Carey and if he doesn’t mark it let the crumbers like Fruity clean it up.

You had McKernan running around like an oversized midfielder, Byron breaking blokes in half and opposition players pooing their pants when Archer was near the contest.

Great times!

Well aware - gone back and done the required reading. I recall bits of 99, but 2000 was my first Fully Aware season.

We've been a grinding slog unit trying to survive with piss all money. Rolls Royce players played for other clubs.

FMD, Tarryn is doing s**t I used to dream someone in a North jumper could do - no disrespect to Boomer or Shagger either.

You poor bastard, you missed it by about 6-7 years.

Duck, McKernan, Winnie, Byron, King, Allison, Bell, Schwatta, Boomer.

This group isn't a patch on the above, yet.....
And so many more......

Archer, Grant, Stevens, Blakey, Martyn, Simpson (just starting).

So many great players playing second fiddle to the King.

Well aware - gone back and done the required reading. I recall bits of 99, but 2000 was my first Fully Aware season.

We've been a grinding slog unit trying to survive with piss all money. Rolls Royce players played for other clubs.

FMD, Tarryn is doing sh*t I used to dream someone in a North jumper could do - no disrespect to Boomer or Shagger either.

Our midfield was good, without being great.

Stevo, Rock, Bell etc were guns, but not in the best 3-4 mids in the comp. Schwatta had the talent to get there, but flashed in and out and obviously had some internal demons now knowing retrospectively.

We may have had the best group of flankers in the last 30 years, simply devastating. Abraham was just electric. King was a a devastating goal kicking HBF. Byron was just nuts both off half back and half forward, just a better version of his nephew. Allison was a Luke Bruest style small forward feeding off the King. Boomer was the after thought....

From what I've seen of Tarryn, he can be better than any midfielder we had in the 90's, so buckle up.....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

FMD, Tarryn is doing sh*t I used to dream someone in a North jumper could do - no disrespect to Boomer or Shagger either.
Wells used to do it regularly and Shannon Grant was a freak.

Tarrying looks special but if you go back and watch Wellsy in full flight you will see how special he was.

Tarryn might go past him at this rate though.

Ah yes the 90's when I went to the footy each week expecting to win, not matter what the circumstances, great times. I vote for these times to be reinstated.
How good was it watching a win on a Friday night and then enjoying the rest of your weekend.

We certainly were spoiled.

This thread needs more Jacob ‘Geraldo’s Love Child’.

Can you imagine being touted as an AA Defender and your coach turns to you and says, sorry mate, I am going to have to send Lachy Plowman in to clean up your mess? Lol
One bad game on Josh Kennedy in Perth was enough for Healy to rule Taz out of AA contention. When Taz had lost fewer one on one contests than any other player that season. Healy actually said "that's why he can't be All Australian".
You can bet he won't be consistent with that.

Tarrying looks special but if you go back and watch Wellsy in full flight you will see how special he was.

Wellsy in 04 against Carlton, goal from the boundary line. Day against the Hawks in 05 (?) when he fed Thommo a bag of goals single handledly. A dozen other best on games, but the injuries, form and rotten luck robbed us and him.

Tarryn has IT. Best five in the league potential. Opening games up with five minutes of grunt and skill.

I think Thomas has that mongrel in him that Wells lacked.

They will do anything to keep us out of that AA favourites club . Like when Browny didn't make it because he hadn't passed it off a couple times . It is laughable really and Ben 10 still hasn't made it lol

I love Wells, but Tarryn will give him absolute wind burn in the NMFC player rankings.

I , think they will even be in the same conversation when comparing their relative peaks.
I felt a bit sorry for Wells, just didn’t have enough class to support him and was often the one we all looked to make something happen.

It looks like Tarryn might have a good crew around him based on what Noble is building.

I think Thomas has that mongrel in him that Wells lacked.

+ Size
+ Inside ability
+ Consistent scoreboard impact
+ Aerial Ability
+ General Kicking

Wellsy had that freakish Krakouer cerebral vision and ability to make things happen when near the ball, but Wellsy was about a 7/10 kick. Tarryn is a 9.5/10 kick.

Wellsy developed his inside game as he got older. Tarryn is as good a clearance player now as Wells probably ever was.

Like I said, I think he's going to go way past him.

Tarryn will probably be a 6"3 90+ kg at his peak. Just different animals.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back