List Mgmt. 2021 List Management: Draft, Trade, Free Agency and Academy

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’d keep crowden ahead of Colyer TBH.
I know Travis has had a decent year and he’s a good bloke but he will be 13 years in the AFL in 2022.
He ain’t getting any better than this. He’s a very limited player at this level.
I still believe Crowden excellent ball use by foot gives him a point of difference from the other plodders listed by Paracleet. He just needs to get an extra 5 or 6 disposals a game. He’s only 21 and still has upside IMO.
If Thomas somehow is kept around they obviously believe he is something special.
Did he play peel reserves this weekend?

That time of year again: Predictions (players out of contract this year):

Adam CerraResign / Trade
Bailey BanfieldDelist
Brett BewleyDelist
Darcy TuckerResign / Trade
David MundyResigned
Ethan HughesResigned
Lachlan SchultzResign/ Trade
Leno ThomasDelist
Lloyd MeekResign/ Trade
Mitchell CrowdenDelist
Nathan WilsonResign/ Trade
Reece ConcaDelist (Retire)
Stefan GiroDelist
Stephen HillDelist (Retire)
Taylin DumanResign
Tobe WatsonDelist
Travis ColyerWill be resigned

Of the delists you have listed, I would suggest that I think only Thomas, Conca (behavioural), Hill (injuries) and Giro (footy reasons) will be delists.

I think Banfield, Crowden and Bewley will go again (maybe they will move Bewley to the rookie list) just because they can play positions for which we have only small number of candidates for and they are hard working on the training track. I also think Watson will probably go around again, simply because like Duman he can fill a range of positions in the backline.

Of the delists you have listed, I would suggest that I think only Thomas, Conca (behavioural), Hill (injuries) and Giro (footy reasons) will be delists.

I think Banfield and Bewley will go again (maybe they will move Bewley to the rookie list) just because they can play positions for which we have only small number of candidates for and they are hard working on the training track. I also think Watson will probably go around again, simply because like Duman he can fill a range of positions in the backline.
Cerra - gorn - I get the vibes that Carlton is in for their 1st, SPS and some junk swapped. Shame.
Conca
Hill

1 more.

We're OS on Half backs so, Duman - but just a guess,

Going on Bells last few years of trading, we wont be accepting anything like the above. Nor should we.
2 firsts, and they have to top 18.

I think Banfield, Crowden and Bewley will go again (maybe they will move Bewley to the rookie list) just because they can play positions for which we have only small number of candidates for and they are hard working on the training track. I also think Watson will probably go around again, simply because like Duman he can fill a range of positions in the backline.
How long to we keep Valente around? It’s getting pretty close to a bust now. 1 more year?
I’d like to see a winger with both outside/inside work, Bewley, Gero, defensively? I’d like to see Freddy, Young on the wings.
Duman, Watson, just don’t look/have AFL bodies.
Polson at Peel is a better option if available?

Bewley is already on the rookie list.

I think Watson is gone tbh.

I agree with the majority of your assessments, but will respectfully counter your musings regarding Duman and Watson, with a question - which player exhibits enough impressive traits, to be deemed the greatest chance of being a success story? My money is on Watson. Also, in my humble opinion, Conca is worthy of one additional year on the list, purely because he no doubt mentors the younger generation of players, has performed admirable "lock-down" roles on proven opposition small forwards, and if nothing else, acts as a hardened body to use as cannon fodder!
Re using a list spot on Conca (who was a pretty ordinary mentor in yesterday's wafl game), it could be a good season to go in with one or two list vacancies. Many of the young players have had limited exposure and could be invited to train with the club in preseason. We could also add players in the MSD.

Re using a list spot on Conca (who was a pretty ordinary mentor in yesterday's wafl game), it could be a good season to go in with one or two list vacancies. Many of the young players have had limited exposure and could be invited to train with the club in preseason. We could also add players in the MSD.
I love the idea of training camp.

A player might just surprise you.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm all for introducing new draftees of limitless potential to supersede the pre-existing C grade "list-cloggers", it's just about achieving the perfect balance of experience and youth in your list profile.

That would be awesome.

Hypothetical: We hold pick 28 in the 2nd round and a bid for Motlop comes at 25. Browne, JVR and Ditmar are still on the board.

Do we match the Motlop bid or pass?
Oh man, you're killing me there! :laughing: If Motlop is going to be as impressive as his father was - match it!

We are going nowhere with our list.

Colyer, Conca, Tucker, Banfield etc... should not be getting games.

Load up on picks for the draft and let's do this rebuild properly.
...becuase another four years in the wilderness sounds like something to be enthused by! 🤦‍♂️

...becuase another four years in the wilderness sounds like something to be enthused by! 🤦‍♂️

We're not winning a premiership with our current list of bumbling idiots.

We should have loaded up on draft picks for 16,17 and 18. Instead we picked up a pack of useless C-graders.

Another 5 years of rebuilding.

We're not winning a premiership with our current list of bumbling idiots.

We should have loaded up on draft picks for 16,17 and 18. Instead we picked up a pack of useless C-graders.

Another 5 years of rebuilding.
I just want to cry at the thought!

I think we have the core mids. We need to find either an inside/outside player like Jimmy Bartel or an elite outside player similar to Josh Kelly.

We also need some tall speed up forward and the goals out the bum ability ground ball players, you know like Matera and McCarthy who could snap a goal in a tenth of a second from the third row.

Add in some young marking talls and we are good to go in my opinion.

I think we have the core mids. We need to find either an inside/outside player like Jimmy Bartel or an elite outside player similar to Josh Kelly.

We also need some tall speed up forward and the goals out the bum ability ground ball players, you know like Matera and McCarthy who could snap a goal in a tenth of a second from the third row.

Add in some young marking talls and we are good to go in my opinion.
Haha that it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back