List Mgmt. List Management Discussion for 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I'm with the Dom...Cuz is worth another 12 months.
In an ideal world, there's a few that we'd like to see one more year from.

Apparently Nash is contracted (according to some, I haven't seen it in print), and Morris got an extension.

As we are overallotted a player, we MUST get rid of 4 players at a minimum, to take 3 at the draft.

Burgoyne, Hartley and Brooksby are certainties (or at least I would be utterly gobsmacked if the latter two weren't gone) That's 3 of the 4

That means at least one of Cousins, Greaves, Hanrahan, Callow, O'Brien, (insert other option) WILL be out.

If we want more than 3 new players, 2 of them will be out.

Unfortunately for Cuz, I think it's between him and Greaves for the obligatory 4th out.

Last edited:
i don't think we've ever actually really had all 5 out on the park for any real period of time

maybe for like 3-4 games last year?

17 no Wingard, JOM hurt
18 no Wingard, Sic and JOM got hurt
19 Titch hurt
20 Sic, Wingard and Titch all hurt (even though Titch played)
21 Gunston, Wingard and Sic all hurt. Even JOM missed a chunk and played injured

i think our top end of players is fine for now. It's ~12-30 where our biggest issues lie. Our depth is atrocious.

That said, we probably do need to add 1-2 new blokes into that top 5 due to age profiles and no real point of difference

Wingard played 17/17 in 2020.

Apparently Nash is contracted (according to some, I haven't seen it in print), and Morris got an extension.

As we are overallotted a player, we MUST get rid of 4 players at a minimum, to take 3 at the draft.

Burgoyne, Hartley and Brooksby are certainties (or at least I would be utterly gobsmacked if the latter two weren't gone) That's 3 of the 4

That means at least one of Cousins, Greaves, Hanrahan, Callow, O'Brien, (insert other option) WILL be out.

Unfortunately for Cuz, I think it's between him and Greaves for the obligatory 4th out.

I just don't see Greaves being anything but depth.

He is a small to medium defender who is behind Dimma, Day, CJ, Scrimmers, Impey and Frost, assuming Hartigan, Hartley, Denver and Sis are our tall defenders.

I just don't see Greaves being anything but depth.

He is a small to medium defender who is behind Dimma, Day, CJ, Scrimmers, Impey and Frost, assuming Hartigan, Hartley, Denver and Sis are our tall defenders.

I watch Greaves closely. At the moment he gets sucked into the contest and ball watches far too much letting his opponent get out the back. Rectify this and I think he will be ok 👌

I would keep Tim O’Brien I think he shows a bit in the back line.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

If we dont take an aggressive approach to our list management this year I will be really disappointed. A combination of being too loyal, too conservative and overrating a great portion of our list over the last 3-4 years has pretty much got us to where we are now. I can't help but think this sits squarely with Clarko.
IMO Wingard and Mitchell must be moved on to facilitate improving our draft hand significantly.
Shiels has always been a limited footballer but served a purpose - that purpose ceased to exit probably 2 years ago and has been lucky to maintain his spot since.
Cousins is more deadwood on top of an existing mega pile of deadwood. Only one of Cousins or Howe is required next year and Howe has Cousins covered comfortably.
Again, we've all been waiting for aggressive list management decisions to better our draft hand and IMO We've copped out. This year there are no excuses.

If we dont take an aggressive approach to our list management this year I will be really disappointed. A combination of being too loyal, too conservative and overrating a great portion of our list over the last 3-4 years has pretty much got us to where we are now. I can't help but think this sits squarely with Clarko.
IMO Wingard and Mitchell must be moved on to facilitate improving our draft hand significantly.
Shiels has always been a limited footballer but served a purpose - that purpose ceased to exit probably 2 years ago and has been lucky to maintain his spot since.
Cousins is more deadwood on top of an existing mega pile of deadwood. Only one of Cousins or Howe is required next year and Howe has Cousins covered comfortably.
Again, we've all been waiting for aggressive list management decisions to better our draft hand and IMO We've copped out. This year there are no excuses.

Nailed it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Chad has to be moved on in my opinion, yes he’s talented and yes he’s probably our most impactful player when he’s up and going but he’s not the right person for a young group. I think he needs to be playing for a team that is challenging to be at his best. We saw last night that his behavior doesn’t fit and to be honest I’ve had enough of him.

He and Mitchell are probably the two that have the most values for trade of the players 27+ and if it’s only one of those two I hope it’s Chad.

Chad has to be moved on in my opinion, yes he’s talented and yes he’s probably our most impactful player when he’s up and going but he’s not the right person for a young group. I think he needs to be playing for a team that is challenging to be at his best. We saw last night that his behavior doesn’t fit and to be honest I’ve had enough of him.

He and Mitchell are probably the two that have the most values for trade of the players 27+ and if it’s only one of those two I hope it’s Chad.

It's strange. Because some people will say oh well we need his class, and whilst his class is great on occasion, it's not seen enough. He set up a few goals last night with some great kicking, that one to Brockman I think it was in the goal square comes to mind, but we need more. If a late first was offered you'd probably take it though.

Nice one!

This was my post 12 months back . We have been asleep at the wheel for a long time.

We have kept players too long on our list and then felt compelled to play them.

I am not sure if some of that was due to players taking unders during our 3 peat as a thank you for your service but the painfully slow decisions have slowed the rebuild further. I won’t mention names as it causes heartache for some on here but we have been like snails to move on some of our players .

I’m trading Tom every day of the week before Chad.

Tom has a propensity to get the ball a lot, even when he’s not in the best spot and he then just dumps it. He’s the type of ball winner that needs to give it off after he wins it. This makes him more easily replaced.

Chad is always trying to do something with it, and as evidenced by last night with his 4 goal assists and 8 clearances, he’s a big part of us being able to hit the scoreboard.

The following should be moved on in some shape whether that be trade, retirement, delisting .

Howe Shiels Burgoyne Brooksby Cousins Ceglar Hanrahan.

2 of the following should be looked at as trade options to help with draft assets as long as the price is right.

Gunston Wingard Mitchell Omeara Breust.

The following should be moved on in some shape whether that be trade, retirement, delisting .

Howe Shiels Burgoyne Brooksby Cousins Ceglar Hanrahan.

2 of the following should be looked at as trade options to help with draft assets as long as the price is right.

Gunston Wingard Mitchell Omeara Breust.
If I was a betting man my money would be on Gunston and Mitchell being elsewhere. I think JOM has one hand on the captaincy already.

Dogs/Lions for Gunners.
Tigers/Blues for Tom.

I’m trading Tom every day of the week before Chad.

Tom has a propensity to get the ball a lot, even when he’s not in the best spot and he then just dumps it. He’s the type of ball winner that needs to give it off after he wins it.

Chad is always trying to do something with it, and as evidenced by last night with his 4 goal assists and 8 clearances, he’s a big part of us being able to hit the scoreboard.

Mitchell would complement a team looking for another midfielder that can help them go one step better, like Carlton.

It's strange. Because some people will say oh well we need his class, and whilst his class is great on occasion, it's not seen enough. He set up a few goals last night with some great kicking, that one to Brockman I think it was in the goal square comes to mind, but we need more. If a late first was offered you'd probably take it though.
Well said, Chad and Mitchell should be moved on to improve draft hand. Wingard occassionally shows his class but has let down by injuries and doesn't have zip anymore. Also doesn't seem to be good leader for younger players after seeing how he was dealing with Kossi. Club would know more but doesn't seem to have more than 3 to 4 years in him.

Hipwoods long term injury opens the door up to deal with Brisbane on Gunston IMO.
Think they will come calling .

I would take offers on Mitchell , no problem. He would be great value to a contendar , really good player but we can cover him more than the others.
Use our salary cap space to pay part of his contract and leverage a higher pick for him .

That would net us 3 x 1sts plus our second rounders . Very decent draft hand in a midfielder heavy draft
Exactly what we want and need

No issues with TOM being trade in fact it just has to happen. Our Vanilla midfield needs to be turned over and need pace and skill added we just need to find match winners.

I am not over excited about mentions of Gunston as a trade option we need his experience and leadership more than ever next season plus he will take the number 1 defender.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back