Review Dogs defeat melbourne 85-65 - Round 19, 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Wholeheartedly agree that Brayshaw is a shocking commentator - the other JB (Jason Bennett) should replace him permanently.

Bennett is clear, articulate and well researched - is the correct commentary match with BT.

BT is self indulgent but amusing and he absolutely loves the dogs - no idea why people suggesting he is anti us.

So proud of Schache!
A flog wanted him to do a hammy before the game and it felt like 80% of the forum wanted him to fail tonight just so they could bag him.
but he stuck fat and I’m proud of him for playing a solid game 💪🏻
Go dogs! Great game with two out on the interchange bench!
I just checked the stats they will move on to JJ this week

This playing strip…thing of beauty. The long sleeves as well.

I need a cold shower.

View attachment 1186117
It’s no wonder the umpires give us so many free kicks, they are dazzled by the beauty. How could any player wearing this jumper possibly be doing the wrong thing? 🤷

I liked Bailey Williams game too. He is one of those players who have time with the ball in hand. Up there with Daniel, Bont and Macrae in that respect.

In his first season he got caught a lot with ball in hand, he wasn't panicking but he'd take that little bit too long to assess his options. He still takes that half a second longer with ball in hand but he's picking the right options.

It was a great win but a few of you guys are embarrassing yourselves going the John Georgiades.

True. We all got ahead or ourselves last night. Me included.

But wins like that don’t come about very often and they should be thoroughly enjoyed.

And a lot of us are doing it tough at the moment with the lockdown etc., so I think we are entitled to get a bit carried away.

I would rather over celebrate than under celebrate. It was a fantastic win.

In the cold hard light of day, Melbourne are a very good side who will be contending at the end of the year and it will take our best to beat them.

I never really minded Melbourne, and I wouldn’t begrudge their supporters a premiership, but gee they have some arrogant pissant flogs playing for them and I thoroughly enjoyed watching our boys deliver them a beating in a very clean and professional manner.

CALEB IS THE MARADONNA OF AFL!!!

I was thinking along similar lines last night but L. Messi instead. Daniel just seems so balance with lots of time and great disposal. It’s almost like the game is slower for him, matrix style.

In his first season he got caught a lot with ball in hand, he wasn't panicking but he'd take that little bit too long to assess his options. He still takes that half a second longer with ball in hand but he's picking the right options.
That's true of his first season. What's always been great about him is that he's been prepared to take it on and back himself. As you say, his choice of when to do it is more refined now. Looks so balanced and composed when he does and a great peg. Can sell some candy!

Aren’t you meant to be in lockdown?
Free kick count is irrelevant, it's if they were there or not that matters. Honestly I thought the umpiring was average at best and bad decisions were made to both teams

The free kicks were relatively even except for holding the man which was 6/0 and push in the back which was 6/1, those 2 reasons combined made up +11 free kicks to the Dog and the Dogs were the only team called for throwing when there were some clear throws from the Dees not called.
im glad May got called for jumper pulling early in the game vs Naughton. Literally pushes and pulls jumpers all day long if he’s not pulled up on it. Getting pinged early put that to bed.

Harmes 4 free kicks against, you hate to see it. Massive shout out to Bailey Smith, was everywhere and played the conditions perfectly. Also dropping Harmes after Hannah’s first goal aaa great.

Ha ha Harmes ran in like a bouncer on steroids to sort Hannan out, got ragdolled by Smith and got up squealing to the umpire 😆

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pleasing thing for me having now watched a bit of the game is that we clearly planned well and perhaps knew we needed to move away from the mantra of “we’ll just play our game and it’s up to the opposition to try and beat us”.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Wholeheartedly agree that Brayshaw is a shocking commentator - the other JB (Jason Bennett) should replace him permanently.

Bennett is clear, articulate and well researched - is the correct commentary match with BT.

BT is self indulgent but amusing and he absolutely loves the dogs - no idea why people suggesting he is anti us.

Agree re BT. He just loves Jake Lever, who is a close friend of his.

Pumps up Lever, not so much ignoring/bagging the dogs.

Agree re BT. He just loves Jake Lever, who is a close friend of his.

Pumps up Lever, not so much ignoring/bagging the dogs.

I guess we could never accuse BT of professionalism.

I liked Bailey Williams game too. He is one of those players who have time with the ball in hand. Up there with Daniel, Bont and Macrae in that respect.
He has a few critical plays tonight (like the first Eagles game) where he cooly won possession and cleared from our backline where it was close to being lost.

He has a few critical plays tonight (like the first Eagles game) where he cooly won possession and cleared from our backline where it was close to being lost.
Looking fwd to seeing him in a final. When all about him are losing theirs, strikes me as one likely to keep his head.

A few things.
1 Best game by Mitch Hannan in Dogs colours
2 Promising game by Josh Schache
3 Zaine Cordy I have knocked you, but you were amazing
4 Doc Duryea Best cheap recruit we've had for a long time
5 Bailey Smith really hitting straps after a mediocre group of weeks in the middle of the year
6 Tim English needs to have a little more influence around the ground.
7 Bailey Dale needs to take the first option when under pressure

The comments that James Brayshaw only droned on about Clayton Oliver are unfair. He did talk about the elastic in Libba’s shorts and the length of Bailey Smith’s hair. You don’t get in depth analysis like that from any other commentators.
His commentary of Weightmans mark was pretty special though

You cant refer to people as morons on this board. Naughty.
You can't refer to other Bulldogs posters on this board as morons. You can refer to Brayshaw as a moron all day long.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back