Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 2, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
The Rebel Alliance
Last week's game against GWS was full of drama before, with some emotional scenes after a come from behind win. I think I speak for all of us when I say we're damned proud of how the team responded to the opportunities presented to them. Ride the tide, surf the waves, stay on top of the changes.

We've got some pride to regain after that 2 point loss the Freo earlier in the year where Swans were expected to win. Freo in that somewhat dual nature way of theirs, decided to play a blinder on their home deck and actually remembered how to kick goals instead points, Fyfe played out if his skin in the middle. Mundy & Walters weren't far behind and Lobb killed us, in truth their winning margin should have been more such was the number of their forward entries. We are all equal before a wave

Buddy kicked some truly awesome 6 goals in that game and we still freaking lost. We went to sleep in the 3rd quarter and it cost us the match. Dockers won contested ball by 20! +13 inside 50's and booted 4.5 to a shameful 0.1 A smooth sea never made a skilled sailor.

Horse nags on about the 4 quarter footy, team effort and moving putting the last game behind us, truer words have never been spoken. As much as last week's win was fantastic we still have to back up again today and put in same mental and physical effort as we did last week. Individually, we are one drop. Together, we are an ocean.

Fremantle are sure as hell going to come in here with all anchors swinging for Mundy's 350th and will have no fear they can't win after their last effort against us. We have to ensure Fyfe and Mundy don't get off the chain and its going to take a group effort from the midfield for that. Parker & Kennedy will need to be on top of their game and the battle between Hickey and Sean Darcy is going to be critical “You will love the ocean. It makes you feel small, but not in a bad way. Small because you realize you’re part of something bigger.

Special shout out to my defender boys down back after some sublime work last week, one of which led to the Hickey goal. Will need to be on top of their game if the ball comes fizzing in as quickly as it did the last time we played Freo. This time their forward line seems to feature a stack of smalls, so their going for speed and agility so our lads best be up and about. In particular really enjoying the drive we're getting out of defence from the 🦎 and McInerney.

Alex Pearce will no doubt be playing on Buddy so lets hope we've got our eyes open and are sending the ball in to the best placed forward, when we do that and share the goals around we're near unbeatable. Freo are featuring 5 players with under 20 games.

Big news on the Swans front is Sammy Reid returning, he was in pretty good form before he was injured so let's hope he can shake off the cobwebs and slip back into a team which has been running well these last few weeks. From a Freo perspective Lobb is out but Taberner & Young return.

Team Changes:
Swans: IN: Sam Reid OUT: Dylan Stephens (omitted), Joel Amartey (managed)
Freo: IN: Hayden Young,Lloyd Meek,Matt Taberner OUT: Acres (Omitted),Ethan Hughes (Omitted),Rory Lobb (Injured),Sam Switkowski (Injured)

Milestones: Freo: David Mundy 350th game...

Match Report:

1627129215750.png

The team and staff have been away from home for some time now, but they keep playing and they keep doing us proud.
Stay salty Swans

sydney.jpg

Today's OP is brought to you by the ocean cities of sun, sand and surf: Sydney, Freo & the Gold Coast.

Sep 24, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
Last week's game against GWS was full of drama before and emotional scenes after a come from behind win.

Today's ocean themed OP is brought to you by the cities of sun, sand and surf: Sydney, Freo & the Gold Coast.
So based on this week's splendid theme, this would be a reasonable visual representation of last week?

1st qtr;

Last 2 and a half qtrs;

Nuggetz

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 4, 2021
AFL Club
Sydney
Excited to see Reid to play. Ronke's return might see Heeney play further up the ground (wing) like the 2nd half of last weeks match. I actually liked him on the wing and I think more ball he gets the more dangerous he becomes.

DeadlyAkkuret

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts
Mar 10, 2007
Ensconced in velvet
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Lakers, West Ham
This is the game where I really want us to cement our credentials. We know we can beat good teams, we also know our best is top 2-3, but all year we’ve come undone against a team we should easily account for right after a run of great form.

This is the week it changes. Sydney by 41.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
With everything that happened last week, our come back victory was nothing short of fantastic. But it did highlight two things for me:
1. Our inconsistancy
2. How our best will challenge for a flag

I hope today our bad patches are a lot closer to our best and we can put away a 7-10th side with conviction as we march towards finals

With everything that happened last week, our come back victory was nothing short of fantastic. But it did highlight two things for me:
1. Our inconsistancy
2. How our best will challenge for a flag

I hope today our bad patches are a lot closer to our best and we can put away a 7-10th side with conviction as we march towards finals

Spot on.

For all the wonderful improvement this year, today strikes me as a statement game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Confession time.

I am already dressed. Have my beret and hand knit Bloods scarf on. Grilled red and white Havarti and Tomato has been chowed down on.

All set.

Jun 2, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
The Rebel Alliance
Can see freo giving it a red hotcrack for Mundy

This will be a tough game IMO
Agreed. They seem to be able to really turn it on for their milestone games and after our emotional rollercoaster win over GWS this just screams danger game.

Jun 16, 2012
AFL Club
Sydney
Got those game day nerves again. Even though we can afford to, really don’t want drop this game . Our form says this should be a 40 point win but you never know these days.

Excited to ronke back and Reid is going to help with those bail out kicks

Tedeski

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 2, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Mava Fan Cooler
We are due to drop one we should win.
Will there be a let down after all the pats on the back for us?
Have the players been drinking their own bath water?
IMO if we win this we drop the Bomber game.
If we drop this we win the Bomber one.
That's how we seem to roll.

We are due to drop one we should win.
Will there be a let down after all the pats on the back for us?
Have the players been drinking their own bath water?
IMO if we win this we drop the Bomber game.
If we drop this we win the Bomber one.
That's how we seem to roll.

Cheer up Teddy. You are probably right. Where is our Tedecca from Sunnybrooke Farm?

Feb 28, 2007
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Confession time.

I am already dressed. Have my beret and hand knit Bloods scarf on. Grilled red and white Havarti and Tomato has been chowed down on.

All set.

I have to listen to the game on the radio as I will be at work. Due to having to listen on my iPad I won't even be able to give running commentaries on bigfooty as to why various players suck :p

RampeRobe

All Australian
Feb 20, 2021
AFL Club
Sydney
Got those game day nerves again. Even though we can afford to, really don’t want drop this game . Our form says this should be a 40 point win but you never know these days.

Excited to ronke back and Reid is going to help with those bail out kicks

my nerves are also back, is it weird I haven’t had them the last 4 weeks? The weight of expectation is back on our shoulders!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back