2nds 2021 Peel Thunder (Freo Reserves) Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Kelly and Pickett were overlooked for years.

Keitel destroys Duiman.

I don’t see the harm if we use a rookie list spot on Keitel.
Looks to me like Keitel is slow and only suited to one position. He could be useful as cover for Taberner if we wanted that, but with Taberner, Lobb and Treacy on the list my preference would be to add a more mobile KPF (van Rooyen) and a KPF/ruck (Andrews, Williams).

Players like Keitel can be grabbed in the mid season draft rather than eating a list spot.

Dunman/Duiman got a heap of the ball (32 possessions) for playing full back and even helped himself to 2 behinds and 3 inside 50’s.

Apparently to those watching the game he was manned up against Harvey Keitel.

Was Dunman/Duiman actually playing anywhere near Keitel?? Or a very loose defender it seems.

our depth and next wave of talent is seriously smelly, constant injuries doesn't help though.

Acres who had a poor 1st half, then decided to do something was the only AFL standard player yesterday. Used his bulk well and kept his feet during the contested stuff.

Odrisscol did some neat things and obviously has time on his side. Tried all day.

The rest seem to struggle even at wafl level. Dunman has a neat kick but looked lost at sea, Watson did nothing to suggest he deserves a contract, Giro barely got it, Conca is done and Hill will retire soon.

Dunman/Duiman got a heap of the ball (32 possessions) for playing full back and even helped himself to 2 behinds and 3 inside 50’s.

Apparently to those watching the game he was manned up against Harvey Keitel.

Was Dunman/Duiman actually playing anywhere near Keitel??

He was definitely on him...but basically showed zero respect to his opponent, kept zoning off but constantly got caught out. Was out bodieda few times too. Keitel had like 12 shots on goal.

Looks to me like Keitel is slow and only suited to one position. He could be useful as cover for Taberner if we wanted that, but with Taberner, Lobb and Treacy on the list my preference would be to add a more mobile KPF (van Rooyen) and a KPF/ruck (Andrews, Williams).

Players like Keitel can be grabbed in the mid season draft rather than eating a list spot.
You make great points.

Each year Fremantle keeps a rookie spot or two for players who at best will be a solid soldier with a major injury.

I rather cut those type of players and give a spot for a project or a tall depth player or a mature age player that fills a need.

Josh Treacy absolutely killed it at WAFL level, and has struggled to impact at AFL. At least Treacy is young and hopefully has lots of improvement in him, Keitel is 25 and isn't getting any better.

He's been everlooked by 18 clubs in 7 drafts, but we are much smarter than the professionals who do this stuff for a living.

I wonder how many times those saying we should draft him have seen him play, or is it based on one game where he played in a dominant team against a half back flanker?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Josh Treacy absolutely killed it at WAFL level, and has struggled to impact at AFL. At least Treacy is young and hopefully has lots of improvement in him, Keitel is 25 and isn't getting any better.

He's been everlooked by 18 clubs in 7 drafts, but we are much smarter than the professionals who do this stuff for a living.

I wonder how many times those saying we should draft him have seen him play, or is it based on one game where he played in a dominant team against a half back flanker?

Dude he's leading the Bernie Naylor. Not a one hit wonder. Kicked 4 in the State game too i think.

Maybe Keitel destroying Duiman says more about Duiman.

The reality that Duiman can’t defend a key forward even at WAFL.
That's because Duman isn't a KPD. He'd be lucky to weigh more than Brayshaw.
For depth mate. Wouldn't be the only tall in the fwd line if given an opportunity.

Can't be any worse than some of our current depth.
What's the point if when he plays he can't get kick?

Maybe Keitel destroying Duiman says more about Duiman.

The reality that Duiman can’t defend a key forward even at WAFL.
WC take Connor West in the MSD, etc, it’s a free hit. Yet we think our depth is good enough?
West is averaging what SPS gives, guess who ends up with him?
Wafl has some quality players, like Edwards also at WC.
Our intel is rubbish.

WC take Connor West in the MSD, etc, it’s a free hit. Yet we think our depth is good enough?
West is averaging what SPS gives, guess who ends up with him?
Wafl has some quality players, like Edwards also at WC.
Our intel is rubbish.

Do you expect West to retain his place in the side when they start picking mids and their existing mids aren't injured?

Do you expect West to retain his place in the side when they start picking mids and their existing mids aren't injured?
If they make finals this year who cares? Decent backup for their
wafl side next year and depth.
Edwards was taken in the rookie draft, 204 cm defender, Rotham was a late pick.
That’s talent identification and development.

I actually would have liked us to pick someone up in the MSD but don’t think it would have made mich of difference, just another person most on here would whinge about as delist material but I’m pretty sure Rotham was picked at an earlier or similar pick to Darcy…

I actually would have liked us to pick someone up in the MSD but don’t think it would have made mich of difference, just another person most on here would whinge about as delist material but I’m pretty sure Rotham was picked at an earlier or similar pick to Darcy…
The pick before Sean Darcy.

So if that's talent identification then Freo win because Sean is a better ruckman than Rotham is a spare defender.

And again, the Eagles choice of Brander with their first pick cost them two firsts to bring back Kelly. So let's not get our undies too friendly after West Coast replaced some injured players and barely beat St Kilda at home after losing to the bottom side at home a week and a half ago.

If you lot think Keitel doesn't deserve the last spot on our List over a Watson, Giro type..you overrate our list more than Dodoro does Essendons.

These posters think anyone over 20 drafted/recruited must be best 22 calibre or not brought in at all.

Josh Jenkins is kicking bags in the VFL just incase Hawkins gets injured. It's good list management to cover all bases.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back