Northalives

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 12, 2005
Australia
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
PORT ADELAIDE
In some countries on the 24 of July, 2021, a "World Wide Rally For Freedom" was held.

The media coverage in Australia has portrayed these rallies as "Anti-Lockdown" rallies and nothing much else. The truth however, is that these rallies have their genesis in far-right politics and people like Anthony Mundine and Byron Bay/Mullumbimby/Nimbin Anti-vaxxers see the word "Freedom", and are gung-ho not realising that there is a difference between the words "freedom" and "equality".

Mundine doesn't realise that he is marching alongside KKK types who would butcher him when no-one was looking because the colour of his skin makes him inferior to them. The anti vaxxers don't realise that they are marching shoulder to shoulder with some of the most extreme right wing chauvinists who would throw them in prison for their anti-Christian, anti-authority lifestyle.

Back on the 20th of March this year, another "Worldwide Demonstration for Freedom" was promoted on Facebook and Telegram and took place in Melbourne and just like today's protests, they were organised and promoted by a mob called WORLD WIDE DEMONSTRATION under the banner of "World Wide Rally For Freedom". Their "member organisations" can be found here: https://worldwidedemonstration.com/organizations/

The "World Wide Demonstration Telegram Groups" can be found here: https://worldwidedemonstration.com/groups/

This rally is about "taking a stand for 5 important Freedoms":

• Freedom of Speech.
• Freedom of Movement.
• Freedom of Choice.
• Freedom of Assembly.
• Freedom of Health.

These were the same "5 important Freedoms" they protested about on the 20th of March this year as well: https://worldwidedemonstration.com/who-is-behind-wwd-2021/

just as they were today https://worldwidedemonstration.com

"World Wide Demonstration" were formed in the spring of 2020, as was "Querdenker", founded by Michael Ballweg and this is where the link between the far right and the so called "Freedom Movement" becomes intertwined: https://www.dw.com/en/meet-germanys-querdenker-covid-protest-movement/a-57049985

The far-right Reichsbürger and Selbstverwalter groups found Querdenker the ideal vehicle to win support for their conspiracy laden and fascist doctrines: https://www.dw.com/en/germany-puts-anti-lockdown-querdenker-group-under-observation/a-57360414

This type of thing, that is, piggybacking on another group's apparatus for your own benefit, has become very prevalent. Prime examples of this are the Liberal Party and the Pentecostal stable of Churches and the Australian Christian Lobby; Pentecostal stable of Churches and QAnon which buttress together perfectly; Trump and QAnon and the "Worldwide Demonstration for Freedom": https://www.rawstory.com/worldwide-demonstration-for-freedom/

The German press, which is not nearly as concentrated as it is in Australia, has played a vital role in investigating and reporting the news without fear or favour and this has helped citizens know and understand, what is actually going on in their communities: https://www.die-dezentrale.net/even...rungsaufmarsch-in-kassel-am-20-maerz/?lang=en

The "anti-lockdown" protests that happened around Australia today should be seen for what they are: a hotchpotch of disparate people, brought together to perpetrate a fraud in order to foment confusion and fear and all the while, the real winners are the extreme right who seek to tear down all the democratic, egalitarian institutions we have fought and even died for to put in place, so that a narrow, sectarian cabal, can exercise their supreme authority without deference to democracy.

What we are witnessing is a paradox.

Anti-vaxxers
+ Qanon conspiracists
+ Hillsong/religious fundamentalists
+ Trump cultists
+ selfish "me me me" narcissists
---------------------------------------
= the full house of nutters! 🤦‍♂️

E7Cni2oXIAQBfDr
E7Dp5uGXEAUVuqj
E7DhO9tWEAIRvQg
E7CjWu9XsAEqcf5
E7CjWvGX0Agb7Op
E7CjWvOXIAYvyit

Last edited:

I’ve got to say I’ve been pretty impressed with the human stupidity on display lately …

but surely protesting … then attacking the media for reporting said protest … defeats the purpose of protesting …. I mean what’s the point of protesting if you don’t want the media to report it??? and thus not getting coverage?

Last edited:
There should be absolute freedom= of movement in our communities, interstate and overseas

If people want to be lock down, they should be free to lock themselves away

For those that want freedom of movement, then they should be free

both should own the consequences of their own decision and neither should worry about the other's choice

This rally is about "taking a stand for 5 important Freedoms":

• Freedom of Speech.
• Freedom of Movement.
• Freedom of Choice.
• Freedom of Assembly.
• Freedom of Health.

Forget about which nutters are banging on

What is important is protecting and preserving these freedoms.

We saw the good people of Germany ignore the warning signs of Nazi Germany and the results are clear. We saw the same under Stalin rule and we can probably argue the same with modern China and the US.

Fear, poverty, disease and apathy are not excuses to ignore government's attacks on these important concepts

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There should be absolute freedom= of movement in our communities, interstate and overseas

both should own the consequences of their own decision and neither should worry about the other's choice
That's fine but what if other people's decisions impact the health of dozens of other people?

If you've got coronavirus, should you be free to jump on the train with hundreds of other people and just walk around like there's no issue?

When personal freedom encroaches on public health and the rights of others, that's where we have to make decisions.

We saw the good people of Germany ignore the warning signs of Nazi Germany and the results are clear.
Because everything is comparable to Nazi Germany.

Going out on a limb here, but I daresay not many of these freedom rallygoers gave a damn about children being locked up in indefinite detention.

Of course not, they don't care about the freedom of anyone else but themselves

These people's definition of "freedom" and "choice are very self-centred and juvenile, it's always about me me me, I get to do whatever I want, anyone who stops me are dictators

They don't stop for a second and realise their selfish freedom is actually taking away other people's freedom, "what if people get COVID because they catch it from me running around without a mask on", etc

They don't actually care about freedom and choice, they just wanna be selfish assholes

That's fine but what if other people's decisions impact the health of dozens of other people?

If you've got coronavirus, should you be free to jump on the train with hundreds of other people and just walk around like there's no issue?

When personal freedom encroaches on public health and the rights of others, that's where we have to make decisions.

Because everything is comparable to Nazi Germany.

people are free to stay at home

people are free to be free

neither shall they ever meet, so no issues

people are free to stay at home

people are free to be free

neither shall they ever meet, so no issues

What about health care workers ??? Are they free to tell you to * OFF and find another f#%king hospital when you are fighting for your life?

You are living in a society you dick, not a Hunger games

People arent into self reflection, the 'go to' excuse rolls off the tongue & the mindless cheer ....

What about health care workers ??? Are they free to tell you to fu** OFF and find another f#%king hospital when you are fighting for your life?

You are living in a society you dick, not a Hunger games

Yes health workers are free to do their job or find another vocation

They are also free to stay at home

Remove this Banner Ad

Back