Autopsy Round 19, 2021 | Autopsy vs Carlton

Sphynx

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 10, 2011
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Was rated the best kick into the 50 behind pendlebury for a number of years. May have kicked some floaters but in a statistical sense was absolutely elite of elite. So easily higher than a 7/10

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Im not saying he wasn't a good kick.

Simply saying Thomas is much better. Thomas would be in the top 5 kicks in the league imo.

Wells wasn't even the best kick in that North side, Boomer was.

Royal Flush

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 14, 2008
Brisbane
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Let’s not cloud our memories with win every weekend in the 90’s…whilst we had some great Final series (96’ 99) and other individual Finals there were also quite a number of disappointing Home and Away games where we didn’t turn up and they were totally infuriating even all these years later
There was always , a short week and a Friday night game coming up for redemption.
I can't be ****ed looking the stat up, but there was a season or two (or 3) , where we never lost two games in a row.

On Pixel 4 using BigFooty.com mobile app

There was always , a short week and a Friday night game coming up for redemption.
I can't be f’ed looking the stat up, but there was a season or two (or 3) , where we never lost two games in a row.

On Pixel 4 using BigFooty.com mobile app
Missed u RF 😏😏

Aug 25, 2006
Mount Waverley
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Carlton fans seem more interested in defending Weitering than acknowledging that they just got hammered but the team sitting 18th.

For some reason they all seem to think that Souva did all his damage on Plowman. What a bunch nuffies.

Souva was making Weitering look silly so Teague went into damage control and got him out of there before it became super embarrassing for him.

Plowman was the sacrificial lamb (with garlic sauce) to protect Weitering.

Apr 1, 2008
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Liverpool, Raiders, GSW, QPR, NYM
Carlton fans seem more interested in defending Weitering than acknowledging that they just got hammered but the team sitting 18th.

For some reason they all seem to think that Souva did all his damage on Plowman. What a bunch nuffies.

Souva was making Weitering look silly so Teague went into damage control and got him out of there before it became super embarrassing for him.

Plowman was the sacrificial lamb (with garlic sauce) to protect Weitering.

They moved him forward.

Admission of failure right there.

So whose spot does he take? Who would not have played yesterday to make way for him? Keeping in mind Tarrant would have also played, so that's 2 from yesterday who would be out.
You mean in the next few weeks or years?
Atley, Ziebs & Walker will have to fight hard to keep their positions from the likes of Bonar & Corr in future.
Competition for spots is a wonderful thing - they won't all be in form and fit at the same time.

Let’s not cloud our memories with win every weekend in the 90’s…whilst we had some great Final series (96’ 99) and other individual Finals there were also quite a number of disappointing Home and Away games where we didn’t turn up and they were totally infuriating even all these years later
There's a big difference between having a side who's quality is such that you expect to win, and being disappointed when they don't.

To having a side who's quality is such that you hope to win and still get disappointed when they don't.

It has to do with arrogance of knowing that the side is good enough.

I was recently having a conversation with my son about what he wants to see us be. He summed it up as such:
'I want to get to the last rounds of the year and know we've made Finals and it's just an matter of where. Not if.'

He's 18. He's never knowingly experienced us being at say round 16 and knowing we'd be in finals.

Encapsulates what I want to feel again.

Reginald0

Club Legend
Jul 30, 2012
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Lot of youngsters on this board
Did you know?
In the early 90s we got rid of Bluey McGrath , sholls brother, the player agent can’t think of his name all who played in a bloody good Cats teamplus Romero plus. A bloke called Hepburn who went back to W A who looked pretty good
could mention mcadam at this point
thatsvwhy a few of us think only winning 2 was a bit light on

was like watching the 3 Qtr everyweek
Go Roos

Mar 14, 2002
Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Kangaroos
There's a big difference between having a side who's quality is such that you expect to win, and being disappointed when they don't.

To having a side who's quality is such that you hope to win and still get disappointed when they don't.

I was recently having a conversation with my son about what he wants to see us be. He summed it up as such:
'I want to get to the last rounds of the year and know we've made Finals and it's just an matter of where. Not if.'

He's 18. He's never knowingly experienced us being at say round 16 and knowing we'd be in finals.

I would suggest that 98 and 99 were the epitome of high performance where we dominated and expected to win.

I’d suggest that 93-97 were very good years but I didn’t go expecting to win every week. There were some real fluctuations in form and performances. Even 96 was a roller coaster.

Nutjob

Premiership Player
Oct 23, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
DW was a winger, who Laidley wanted to play as a midfielder, due to lack of options.
Was never going to be good at bash and crash of a full timers.

You can be a midfielder and not be in the thick of it. He was great to watch in traffic and his contested work developed as he matured.

I don’t really see what we did wrong with his development or positioning. He was developing very nicely as each year passed and as he was about to peak he was struck by injury, basically until the day he retired.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Apr 16, 2007
Warragul
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Lot of youngsters on this board
Did you know?
In the early 90s we got rid of Bluey McGrath , sholls brother, the player agent can’t think of his name all who played in a bloody good Cats teamplus Romero plus. A bloke called Hepburn who went back to W A who looked pretty good
could mention mcadam at this point
thatsvwhy a few of us think only winning 2 was a bit light on

was like watching the 3 Qtr everyweek
Go Roos
Pickering?

Nutjob

Premiership Player
Oct 23, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Remember when Wells used to turn a game on its head, cutting through a zone with run and field kicking. If his kicking wasn't 10/10 his vision certainly was.

Yep, his ability to navigate inside through traffic and hit someone up in the corridor was second to none. Wells is a perfect example of why meters gained is an overrated stat.

Feb 11, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
You can be a midfielder and not be in the thick of it. He was great to watch in traffic and his contested work developed as he matured.

I don’t really see what we did wrong with his development or positioning. He was developing very nicely as each year passed and as he was about to peak he was struck by injury, basically until the day he retired.

In my opinion these two things go hand in hand.. perpetually being injured because after the lions three peat, the league moved to having heavy set midfielders as standard, DW 78 kg was left in there with battle without the monsters around him. We just seemed undersized on the inside.

Passmore

Brownlow Medallist
May 22, 2001
The Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Norf

We used to know we’d be in the finals before the season started.

Back