Game Day Round 19 2021 vs Geelong, MCG, 3.20pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aren’t working as hard as previous years. Probably due to fatigue and being at the top for so long as well as COVID seasons being a pain. Freshen up for next year, hopefully make finals and stay there until the new crop are polished and then go for a flag in a few years

Ppl sticking it to Tom Lynch have sweet f ck all idea tbh. This is the worst display of fwd 50 entry and general ball movement in the fwd half of the ground you could wish for.
How many times did we mark it 70 out. Ignore the call to go long. Fail to find an option shorter, only to go long. But no....he isn't clunking mark of the year in 6 man packs so he must be a spud.
Amazing.

Well there was no VFL last year so hardto develop.

Its not really the same players. Who has played well? Nank and grimes have been poor. Jack and Lynch dropping chest marks. Lambert awful. Rioli and Parker are trying hard not much else happening.
Aarts, castagna, pickett
Very much the same names week after week

I'm starting to think Dimma can't coach and is only a great man manager. Either that or all his assistants suck.

Injuries don't help but we were sh*t early on this year too.

You realise we are a coach down due to Stack and CCJ’s covid breach last year?

Exactly. I'm not even thinking of the scoreline. It's irrelevant to how this season has gone. I'm looking at the positives. Parker, Rioli, Stack, Garthwaite all having a crack today. The other BIG positive. A FULL preseason, players able to get their operations and fully healed plus high draft picks. 2022 is looking bright IMO.
Sorry STRUGGLETOWN EST1885 I like your posting in general, but our problem is that most of our stalwarts are done and our depth is limited.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Reset for next year I reckon,
I think after 3 flags we are entitled to a poor one.

Games like this will tell us a lot about who is part of our future and who isn't. Right now I do not think Jack Ross should be...
He isn’t alone

Our work rate has totally vanished. From relentless forward pressure to letting any team we play walk the ball out of our defence with ease. Such a disappointment. Our lack of effort is so frustrating

Any chance we can get Martin out there in a wheelchair

Yeah, the weak prick. It was only a laceration. Success has gone to his head.

Gentlemen, I know it hurts.

But here are all our players that missed significant time due to injury, or never got on the park this year:

Astbury
Balta
Bolton
Broad
CCJ
Cotchin
Edwards
Houli
Lambert
Lynch
Martin
McIntosh
Nankervis
Prestia
Vlaustin
Soldo

That's 16. Fifteen of which are absolute best 22 locks - if you include Soldo. Yes, we have some of that cavalry back now. But injury interrupted seasons mean that key players, the ordinary BF nuffies from the main board or other club forums may not recognise, have been well down. We can't keep fighting the fight every week, especially as this week Cotchin and Edwards have already copped what look like pretty significant knocks.

We are trying, we do care. We just aren't good enough at the moment, and have key players out of form or missing. There are small lights at the end of this tunnel though - Mansell is getting better every week. Rioli is beginning to show signs that he could be a damaging Saad style half back.

We desperately need midfield depth. Cerra had 30 & 2 goals today. Yet most of the boffins in the trade and fa thread deem him a vanilla player worth nothing more than a straight swap for McIntosh. It is blindingly obvious. We need him, and we need another extractor. It has to be the area we address first. We simply cannot go with big bodied, deep midfields. Hopper would be ideal, but it won't happen.
This has nothing to do with the skills of the players on the park. They are absolutely hopeless!

1 arsey goal to half time…

Season done. Doesn’t matter if we win the last 4 and make the finals, we are way off it… need a full reinvention over the off season, fit playing list, a new coaching panel to support Hardwick and a strong trade/draft period.

honestly, don’t want to sound like a sore loser but I can’t stomach watching our games anymore. Between umpiring I can’t understand and any semblance of skill, heart or spark in the way we play it is just hard work, not entertaining and even boring.
Your questioning the boys heart?
They brought us so much joy over the past 5yrs
* me you are a sore loser.

Rioli has been ok. Could revive his career at HB next year. Might turn out as good as Markov if we’re lucky.
Parker trying hard but we need more than trying hard to fill our holes.
Cats too classy all over the park.
Sad to see cotch going around at the moment. Remember when Shorty played with dash and opened up the angles with his kicking…

We’ll be competitive again next year.
Shorts kicking has gone backwards

Are you watching the game? He’s is gone. He is finished and some on here need a wake up call!

Yeah I am watching the game, and you are referring to Trent Cotchin, irrespective of his current form, our three-time Premiership Captain, an embarrassment.

I don’t think anyone is embarrassed by him, except you. As I said, come on.

To be honest I think our game plan is as much fault as any player performances. Most are having a crack including Ross a d Stack who are taking the grunt of the criticism here. This zone defence continually lets them get the ball from the half back to a pass inside 50 with no pressure. Add to the fact that they are killing us around stoppages and it’s game over.

Also they kick to space inside 50 and we kick to packs. Big packs with no hope.

And perhaps Lynch should have put up his hand up and said he’s not fit to play today.

The positives are Rioli and Garth in the backline.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back