doggiesin08

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 17, 2007
australia
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Bushrangers
Honestly this is the umpires fault. For years they have used players clutching at their heads as a cue to pay a free. It was inevitable that players would start doing it whether they received contact or not. The classic one was Caleb Daniel on Houli when the replay showed Daniel's fingertips make contact with his beard.
I thought Weightman's theatrics when getting blocked by Salem in the marking contest was clever. For mine there is a difference between acting for frees that aren't there versus visibly showing the umpire a free that should have always been paid. I think he'll get plenty of these given how he leaps early for the ball.

‘Hunter and Dureya also deserve some credit.

Both showed huge courage on occasion, especially considering all that sniping Melbourne did.

Melbourne were undisciplined, the umpires to their credit called them out.

Pickett in particular gave a lot of cheap away from the play shots. Someone needs to call him out.

Who is his father?

Duryea just keeps getting the job done. Such an underrated player.

What’s our best back 7 come finals?

FB: Williams Cordy Wood
HB: Dale Keath Duryea

Daniel

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Gardner's ahead of Cordy, just a matter of if he can play a R23 game or similar to get his touch back clearly not having played a lot this year.

Honestly this is the umpires fault. For years they have used players clutching at their heads as a cue to pay a free. It was inevitable that players would start doing it whether they received contact or not. The classic one was Caleb Daniel on Houli when the replay showed Daniel's fingertips make contact with his beard.
They are all paranoid about… concussion 🤕

Pugz89

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 29, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs

Daniel

I think Wood and Cordy are questionable, but they would be 50/50 anyway. So close enough.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

bobs head soup

Peanuts Peanuts
Sep 14, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs

Daniel

I reckon we've only got 4 locks in our backline; Keath, Williams, Duryea and Dale.

Keath has to be the #1 KPD, playing deepest in our structure and taking the #1 KPF.

Aside him as the 2 other tall defenders are a bit mix and match, any of Cordy, Gardner, Wood and Schache are in the mix depending on how the next few weeks play out.

Williams and Duryea are locks, as the general defenders, with Crozier now the depth option.

As the attacking/rebounding flankers, I've got Dale as a lock, but Daniel may now fit the best 22 better as a mid, with Ed taking over as the second flanker.

He did, altho it will be interesting to see how he goes against a strong body on body forward like Hawkins, Franklin, Kennedy.
Would be hard to dump Schakattack if he keeps that form up.

Jdoggy

Team Captain
Apr 26, 2011
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Refrained from commenting last week, a mixture of couldnt be bothered but more so I had a differing pleased opinion of just getting the win to everyone else which is perfectly warranted coz we were bad.

I’ll say it again, since Dunks went down followed by Treloar, we needed to bank whatever wins we could as it would leave too much up to those left behind and boy have they stood up for months now; seriously can’t wait for them to come back as it does not matter who we face, we go in favourites when theyre all in as they give our midfield too many different looks to be contained. i.e. Good luck trying to tag for Libba coz Dunkley. My personal hindsight says, both of them in, we win 2 of the 4 games we’ve lost.

Everyone is up and about after that win and so we should be, without those 2 AGAIN against Melb, I built perspective readying for another loss but this time, everytime we were challenged, the boys absolutely stood up.

Only a handful have mentioned him but tonight was for Bailey Smith. Has copped a lot a flack throughout the year for some poor performances and whilst plenty of times it was warranted, you cannot drop him. He is our best burst player out of the middle without Treloar in there and this is in one of those 3rd year player periods that will refine his quality. Smothers/Bursts and a crucial goal, it’s frightening that per Round 6 Bont/Macrae/Lib/Dunk were 4 of top 10 players in league and we have 5th/6th string Smith/Treloar and Hunter on the wing.

What had me happy about last weeks game was 1) getting the job done when needed to, and 2) for Jamarra to not just kick some easy regulation goals, but quality/crucial goals and not have a flop of a 2nd game as he has now exhibited the potential that we can now run with. Last night, huge to still stay involved in the 4th Quarter lead ups, contrast to his debut gassed on the bench as we lost. Barely any touches but some telling tackling intensity and that shepherd for Hunter for Hannan’s second was great signs.

Many have pointed critique to Weightman going for Mark of the Year every contest and while in many cases it’s warranted, I see it as the reason/his way he doesnt lose many contests no matter the size of the opposition and bounces up straight away for the groundball scrap; last night we saw him take a serious contender and what a highlight to watch for the remainder of the year.

CD seriously set the tone early and arguably the catalyst in the first half for the win; side note, he has now proven himself as an odd center bounce inclusion and could be good for 1/2 a game when the others are back for a different look.

Cordy has been heavily mentioned in the last few weeks which has been fair enough as he had been found wanting way too much but last night was one of those games where he shows his quality as a 3rd tall or not asked to man a quality KPF. Could a Schache at CHB seriously become something not just for Schack himself, but the defensive unit around?

Comparisons have been made for Garcia and whilst at first I 100% likened him to Clay Smith Mk II but quicker, others that said Dahl/Clay hybrid are spot on. Literally fearless at the contest/will die for it but currently has a few disposal yips where he reactively jumps and gives an odd handball, something I’m sure we can get tidied up with more experience. We can marvel at Macrae/Libba’s hands to setup Bont’s 2nd but it starts with Garcia not losing his bundle in the presence of Oliver and lands the perfect tackle without getting him high.

Difficult without anyone at the ground to give the”live” observation but this seemed one of those reinvented Johanissen games where he really wasn’t sighted, but hey, Salem was a null factor and would imagine he was a big part of that. Also good 2 crucial goal game last week and keeping his direct opponent accountable, go well JJ.

Lastly, Hannan, last night was also for you as much as Smith. Started his return to the kennel with numerous Almost Games justified through “Role playing” but last night, neutralised crucial contests and got 2 goals on the board. One of those games that swings the perception of our “depth” back to the optimistic side instead of the doom and gloom.

Have a great week guys, ecstatic for the win for the exact same reasons as last (Getting the win in whatever way, Bont 3 votes, Jamarra being involved) but even better because lol Melbourne and the higher stakes.

Last edited:
May 30, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Boston Bruins, Boston Celtics

Daniel

FB: schache schache schache
HB: schache schache schache

??

Shacf501

Club Legend
Jan 5, 2020
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I know Hannan kicked two but he just doesn't do it for me.... I don't think he's pressure is elite is my opinion but then again what would I know.

Oct 12, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Ha ha Harmes ran in like a bouncer on steroids to sort Hannan out, got ragdolled by Smith and got up squealing to the umpire 😆

My third favourite part of the night (first was winning, second was Flea's hanger).

Was feckin hilarious. Charges in like a faux tough guy then cry to the umps when he's dropped on his arse. So embarrassment 😆😆

Back