apuchar

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 21, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Perth Football Club
In what bizaarro world of yours do you think supporters are willing to hang around another four years , Longmuir wont be around that long either if thats the case.
We aren't the only club finding it hard to take the next step. It's very hard to do with Free agency and priority picks Nga"s and Father sons. The Afl has completely stuffed up equalization and has totally removed fairness out of the system. We are behind the eight ball and working our guts out to bridge the rigged gap..

wild side

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 29, 2010
perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
We aren't the only club finding it hard to take the next step. It's very hard to do with Free agency and priority picks Nga"s and Father sons. The Afl has completely stuffed up equalization and has totally removed fairness out of the system. We are behind the eight ball and working our guts out to bridge the rigged gap..

Didn't see fringe AFL players Meek & Banfield working their guts out in the 4th quarter as Sydney waltzed the ball out from their defensive half

Polo342

Club Legend
Nov 1, 2020
AFL Club
Fremantle
Cerra out - Richmond 2x Firsts
Lobb out - Pick 19 and 23, Freo give back a second
Fremantle Trade Future First - Brisbanes 2x late Firsts

Gives us 6-7 odd Picks in top 25. Make it bloody happen!!!

Demons09

Premiership Player
Jan 12, 2009
rockingham
AFL Club
Fremantle
It what bizarro world do you think supporters will not expect us to push for top 4 in the next 10 years. Short term call hurt us long term
Wtf are you on about supporters were sold the fact we were ready for finals when Longmuir came in i know someone will write some excuse about failed rebuilds and injuries, apart from a few posters on here i doubt many are going to cop another four years without finals can’t see myself signing after this year for one there’s only so much one can take.

apuchar

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 21, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Perth Football Club
Didn't see fringe AFL players Meek & Banfield working their guts out in the 4th quarter as Sydney waltzed the ball out from their defensive half
I
I mean the club as a whole, not individual players. I have seen enough of Banfield to never play him again. Meek needs to build his fitness to Afl standard.

apuchar

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 21, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Perth Football Club
Probably not this year, but in 2 or 3 years we would be better.
Maybe, but we have recruited Walker and Western through the NGA. What's the differences. We also traded up to get O'Driscoll last year as well. Looking at him, he seems like the only one playing yesterday that looks Afl quality.

Maybe, but we have recruited Walker and Western through the NGA. What's the differences. We also traded up to get O'Driscoll last year as well. Looking at him, he seems like the only one playing yesterday that looks Afl quality.
It's taken this long for him to recover from an interrupted preseason

(Log in to remove this ad.)

nurries

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 11, 2003
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Freo
This is exactly where the WA talent is!! Eagles have been masters of taking players between 20-40. Lets take a leaf out of that book!
Doesn’t help when our recruiters are based in Vic. I seriously doubt that with 4 top 30 picks that we would take more than 1 from WA as WA isn’t where our recruiters focus. It’s insanity really

freo1997

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 6, 2011
munster
AFL Club
Fremantle
Bell said we'll only go hard in the Draft...ignoring seasoned players.

I hope you realise we're gonna keep losing like this and not make finals for another 3 to 4 years if we follow that method. Especially with Mundy retiring soon and Fyfe getting older. Our Spine is injury proned too.

Polo342

Club Legend
Nov 1, 2020
AFL Club
Fremantle
Bell said we'll only go hard in the Draft...ignoring seasoned players.

I hope you realise we're gonna keep losing like this and not make finals for another 3 to 4 years if we follow that method. Especially with Mundy retiring soon and Fyfe getting older. Our Spine is injury proned too.
This is why we need a lot more picks. Pick 2-3 Spine players in this draft. Our current forward line isn't capable of winning a premiership. Wingers are also D graders

apuchar

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 21, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Perth Football Club
The comments from Belly re having pace in defence was on show today for Sydney. They're all very nimble.
We can't seriously take a hbfer this year Pace or no pace. We picked up Chapman last year. We ran out of run in the midfield today. We need to recruit quality there. Plus stock up on forwards.

Docker82

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 21, 2013
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
The other thing that’s worrying me that won’t get much attention on here is the overall lack of defensive ability from at least 2/3 of the team.

Hopefully it’s something we can work on over the summer but are enough of our team capable of providing the required tackling/pressure for us to be successful as a side?

We’re obsessed with skill on this board but we’re 17th in the league for tackles and 18th for tackles inside fifty. Defensively I think our back six goes alright and Darcy does a good job dropping back but the rest of our list overall is pathetic defensively and we won’t get anywhere until that changes. I actually think we’re closer to the top sides in skills than we are defensively atm.

As hinted above not sure it’s a list management issue or coaching issue just wasn’t sure where else to write this opinion.

apuchar

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 21, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Perth Football Club
Watch us pick up Sinn.
If we loose Cerra, it would be OK. Otherwise, we simply can't. People do think Sinn can play wing though, so technically we wouldn't be picking up a hbf. After Clarke though, I'm not so sure about hbfers developing into good wingers. It isn't a given.

freo1997

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 6, 2011
munster
AFL Club
Fremantle
I have been against grabbing Bolton all year for a variety of reasons. Mainly what channel 7 does to our high profile indigenous players.

Didn't watch todays game as i was out, but we do need two things. Hardness and a bit of polish going i50. Don't know how hard Bolton goes in the contest as i don't watch many neutral games..but judging from the highlights he knows how to finish. If Cerra leaves we might have to talk to him.

Scham

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 19, 2004
AFL Club
Fremantle
If we loose Cerra, it would be OK. Otherwise, we simply can't. People do think Sinn can play wing though, so technically we wouldn't be picking up a hbf. After Clarke though, I'm not so sure about hbfers developing into good wingers. It isn't a given.

So you're happy for us to make do with our defence as it is? Do you think we should trade down the draft board or reach for a WA forward or mid (or do you think one of the WA players is top 6)?

Sep 11, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Man Utd
I have been against grabbing Bolton all year for a variety of reasons. Mainly what channel 7 does to our high profile indigenous players.

Didn't watch todays game as i was out, but we do need two things. Hardness and a bit of polish going i50. Don't know how hard Bolton goes in the contest as i don't watch many neutral games..but judging from the highlights he knows how to finish. If Cerra leaves we might have to talk to him.
For me we need to get him in 2 years as a free agent. As simple as that.

apuchar

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 21, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Perth Football Club
So you're happy for us to make do with our defence as it is? Do you think we should trade down the draft board or reach for a WA forward or mid (or do you think one of the WA players is top 6)?
Our defense looks ok at full strength with our midfield competing ok. It is when our midfield gets outrun that our defense becomes a problem. Wilson can run off, so can Pearce and Chapman and Walker.
If Cerra goes I assume we will have two picks in the top 10 including our own. I guess one can be used on Sinn and the other on a Erasmus/quality mid or a quality forward. I really don't think hbf is a priority, but hard run, speed and skill are.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back