AFL Club
Adelaide
They could get Josh Jenkins for free and still have a better player

pride of the West

Senior List
May 15, 2020
AFL Club
West Coast
They gave up Pick 2 for Lachie Weller, delisted Jarryd Lyons, effectively delisted Jack Martin, trade Pick 27 in 2019 for Pick 11 in 2020… This doesn’t even touch it.

Tbh a lot of these kinds of deals are about the optics of senior players wanting in. Lobb is a decent but not amazing player, and that is kind of the point. All of a sudden they look like a club players want to be at.

This one makes a bit of sense.

Doubt Freo are too concerned. Extra money to re-sign Cerra, and give Treacy the mantle of the second key forward.

Yep let him go if he wants. Or you say give your first round pick or he’s not going any with 2 years left to run on contract and can still give Tracey more time to be the mane man.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Freoforever86

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 30, 2013
AFL Club
Fremantle
I stand by my comment.

I don't rate Lobb and could only see him going to GC if it was a salary dump by Freo, talk of first round picks being given for him are pie in the sky stuff

don’t think it’s much to do with a salary dump, his manager is angling for an extension and knows he won’t get the same money again.

he’s worth a 1st rounder to Freo purely due to having 2 years to run on a contract after this season. They’re not simply dumping him for nothing and I’m sure they’ll keep him if they don’t get offered what they want.

out of contract, he’s worth a mid 2nd at best.

GC2015

Norm Smith Medallist
May 27, 2013
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Fremantle arrived on the Gold Coast last night for their game with the Swans tomorrow. There's a very good chance Lobb is touring the Suns facilities today ;)

According to Lobb's manager, neither he or Lobb have courted any offers from Victorian clubs but his manager also can't guarantee he'll be playing for Fremantle next year. Sounds like we (the Suns) are knee deep in this one and just about have Lobb over the line to join us this off season.

If true, it's going to be difficult for any backline to stop the twin towers of King (202cm) and Lobb (206cm) next year.
Did you just assume Ben will be there?

Apr 25, 2011
AFL Club
Fremantle
Rory Lobb had ankle surgery this morning. Won't play again this year. FWIW, Peter Bell says he will be ready to go for 'our pre-season training'.

Rory Lobb had ankle surgery this morning. Won't play again this year. FWIW, Peter Bell says he will be ready to go for 'our pre-season training'.
which teams pre season training?

Scubaveg

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 6, 2009
Carina
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions

That’s a feather in his cap then

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Schauermann

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 27, 2011
Hamburg
AFL Club
Fremantle
One of the stranger rumors. Only reason could be salary cap issues. Would be a required player at Freo considering our key forward stock even when he doesn't alwys set the world on fire. And he is on a pretty big contract. Can't see anybody offer him more money/years AND make a crazy offer tradewise.

Back