Draft Expert PMBangers' 2021 Draft Board - Come for the R1 phantom (post #1591), stay for the Simpsons references

Sphynx

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 10, 2011
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Country regions (minus Dandenong) need more assistance before rezoning the East/inner south east

Not sure how much more you can really do here.

You would be creating a much worse scenario for an outer metro kid having to training in Bendigo or Ballarat or playing in Morwell, than what you mentioned before by rezoning an inner metro kid to another side 10mins further away.

Nov 7, 2017
Melbourne
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Manchester City, Collingwood AFLW

You would be creating a much worse scenario for an outer metro kid having to training in Bendigo or Ballarat or playing in Morwell, than what you mentioned before by rezoning an inner metro kid to another side 10mins further away.
Oh no this isn't a re-zoning situation, some country kids already travel 2-3 hours for their closest NAB League club let alone being re-assigned to another one, no I'm talking about additional resources for country clubs

Aug 23, 2010
Information Superhighway
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Exers, Gryffindor, Rich+Ess AFLW, Tassie
Oh no this isn't a re-zoning situation, some country kids already travel 2-3 hours for their closest NAB League club let alone being re-assigned to another one, no I'm talking about additional resources for country clubs

This point makes me wonder how long it would've taken the McDonald brothers from Edenhope and Jeremy Cameron from Dartmoor to get to North Ballarat Rebels' home ground.

Aug 9, 2019
Victorian Central Highlands
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Panthers, GWV Rebels, Central Augusta

Liam Duggan resided in Darley/Bacchus Marsh, schooled at St.Pat's in Ballarat should have been a Ballarat Rebel? ;)

Aug 9, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
This point makes me wonder how long it would've taken the McDonald brothers from Edenhope and Jeremy Cameron from Dartmoor to get to North Ballarat Rebels' home ground.
A lot of the the current and past GWV/Ballarat Rebels lads schooland and board at St.Pat's or Clarendon College in Ballarat, Jarrod Berry, Hugh McCluggage and Willem Drew for example attended Clarendon College. Both McDonald boys boarded at St.Pat's, not sure about Jeremy Cameron.

Aug 23, 2010
Information Superhighway
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Exers, Gryffindor, Rich+Ess AFLW, Tassie
A lot of the the current and past GWV/Ballarat Rebels lads schooland and board at St.Pat's or Clarendon College in Ballarat, Jarrod Berry, Hugh McCluggage and Willem Drew for example attended Clarendon College. Both McDonald boys boarded at St.Pat's, not sure about Jeremy Cameron.

Let's shift it a bit.

How long would the travel have been if you take out the boarding/private schools?

Nov 7, 2017
Melbourne
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
What’s Amiss like as a Key-forward we hear a lot about Williams and JVR but not so much on him why do you have him rated higher than the other two? PMBangers
Amiss is the best performed this year with an incredible conversion rate in front of goals, got really good leading patterns and can take full stretch marks at pace which means as long as he gets some sort of separation he's generally holding the marks, but is capable at ground level as well so very rarely is he going to be taken out of a contest like some KPF's can be. The biggest knock on him from my view is that we haven't really seen him push up the ground a whole heap, he's very much an inside 50 player which I'm not entirely convinced has a place in the modern game

Nov 7, 2017
Melbourne
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
I've only seen Fahey once against the cats reserves, where he was the clear best player for the Academy. Why isn't he rated higher. Looked very very good in that game.
Guys that are just general defenders, or just general forwards even, aren't guys I'll ever see as super high prospects unless they're truly exceptional at the role or have really good traits that not many at the next level have, so Fahey really only playing the one position is a knock, but the lack of consistency when he has played and his durability this year in particular worries some

Davo-27

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 9, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Box Hill Hawks
I've only seen Fahey once against the cats reserves, where he was the clear best player for the Academy. Why isn't he rated higher. Looked very very good in that game.
Its because he is a GWS Academy kid and he wants to sneak in 2 picks before a bid on him ;)

Mate can you please make it so people don't think highly of Jesse Motlop, much appreciated
I've heard he's going to recruiters and demanding Motlop enter their top 40s

"Would be the biggest draft mistake since Tambling over Franklin to not take him early" were the words spoken I'm told

Nov 7, 2017
Melbourne
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Mate can you please make it so people don't think highly of Jesse Motlop, much appreciated
I'll get on to Cal about that one for you mate, any favourites you want me personally to ensure end up going first round?

Oakleigh and Sandringham have most of the private schools being feeder clubs and these schools attract young talent from across Vic and even across Australia, so they are usually stronger because of this, Scholarships create an advantage, maybe evening out private schools as feeder clubs could even out the comp, but i think it being unbalanced is how people like it and i doubt if the powers that be care if it changes.
Adam Simpson likes this

Oct 14, 2016
AFL Club
Sydney
I'll get on to Cal about that one for you mate, any favourites you want me personally to ensure end up going first round?

I'll make up a list of park footballers for you. It'd be great if the first half of the draft was clogged up with nobodies, then Sydney might get a chance at one of Erasmus, Hobbs, Goater or Rachele.

August Top 20
Nov 7, 2017
Melbourne
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
August Top 20.png

So another monthly update with not much movement overall, dropped from 25 to 20, mainly because that 20-35 bracket is ridiculously hard to rank as it stands, so much so that when looking over notes, reviewing old or watching new vision Murley was 4 different players over the weekend. Williams, Van Rooyen and Fahey have dropped out of my top 20 in favour of Ward, Amiss and Brown who I feel have all been going along nicely for most of the season but particularly this past month have shown more appealing traits (Amiss I also hadn't seen much of, but with the 3 WA 19s games I've got a good gauge now), whilst the others are regressing in their performances, especially with Van Rooyen and Williams in those Under 19's games. As usual happy to field questions on rankings and I know some of the numbers on the graphic are hard to read soz

Nick Daicos - Collingwood Father Son, Sam Darcy - Western Bulldogs Father Son, Mac Andrew - Melbourne Next Generation Academy

Sep 18, 2015
The Hippodrome
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Hornets, Mariners, Falcons
View attachment 1194250
So another monthly update with not much movement overall, dropped from 25 to 20, mainly because that 20-35 bracket is ridiculously hard to rank as it stands, so much so that when looking over notes, reviewing old or watching new vision Murley was 4 different players over the weekend. Williams, Van Rooyen and Fahey have dropped out of my top 20 in favour of Ward, Amiss and Brown who I feel have all been going along nicely for most of the season but particularly this past month have shown more appealing traits (Amiss I also hadn't seen much of, but with the 3 WA 19s games I've got a good gauge now), whilst the others are regressing in their performances, especially with Van Rooyen and Williams in those Under 19's games. As usual happy to field questions on rankings and I know some of the numbers on the graphic are hard to read soz

Nick Daicos - Collingwood Father Son, Sam Darcy - Western Bulldogs Father Son, Mac Andrew - Melbourne Next Generation Academy
This is incredibly readable and a great ranking!!!

Aug 9, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
View attachment 1194250

Surprised Arlo Draper Couldn't sneak in there towards the back end?

Back