Review Geelong defeats Ninthmond by 38 points at their home ground... twice.

Remove this Banner Ad

Absolutely agree. In 2 years when Hawkins probably retires, we get a mature Esava at FF clunking marks and hopefully has his kicking sorted. Still needs to work on leading patterns but potential is huge.

I am just saying if we go in against a quick defense against Bulldogs with too tall a forwardline they will run it out easy.

I would be very open to playing Esava on Lever and Hawkins on May if we get the Demons in finals, and letting Cameron/Rohan/Close run free. Teams that beat Melbourne keep strong marking forwards on those two and that would be a good tactic.

But this Esava in the ruck is doneski. He is very obviously more potent forward.

What Stanley did in the ruck Esava can't do, what Esava did forward Stanley can't do.
In 2 years …. Doesn’t enter the discussion anymore. Sav is 23 so it’s the now. Still it’s dangerous to be relying on Sav in a QF, prelim or GF . Must get Jez in.

That's not a deflection. My argument has been since the beginning that we are in trouble in finals if we go in too tall. Your post completely ignored that to point out our current record, which is meaningless in finals, as we should know from the last 4 years.

But i've been called an idiot and it was allowed to stay up, and your a mod, so i guess i should just call you an idiot for your dumb ass comment as that's clearly what we are allowing now.

There's always the ignore and / or report function mate.

Unpopular opinion: I hate this song being played at the end of our games. Absolutely despise it to be honest.

Outside of the word 'hoops' it literally has nothing to do with the club - they're a Sydney band at that.

Magic Dirt, Chrissie Amphlett, King Gizzard - all Geelong greats that would be better. King Gizz could probably write a Cats-based album and release it by this Thursday afternoon!

And if we really want to go the angle of any mention about Cats or hoops, this would be 10x better:

Yeah they’ll give it a try I think last few rounds. Especially against May & Lever in rd 23. Who comes out?
RD 23 is shaping up as a possible dead rubber anything could yet happen in selection for both sides for that game,who knows if there will even be the week off between that and the finals which will also influence selections.

Let's make something clear

Whether you're a local Geelong poster or come from other boards - if you're posting just to trigger a reaction from others, ie: trolling, it won't be tolerated

We had a good win yesterday, let's try to enjoy it

Unpopular opinion: I hate this song being played at the end of our games. Absolutely despise it to be honest.

Outside of the word 'hoops' it literally has nothing to do with the club - they're a Sydney band at that.

Magic Dirt, Chrissie Amphlett, King Gizzard - all Geelong greats that would be better. King Gizz could probably write a Cats-based album and release it by this Thursday afternoon!

And if we really want to go the angle of any mention about Cats or hoops, this would be 10x better:

Love Magic Dirt. Wouldn't go for this one though..:

Edit: Maybe 'Redhead' for chucky? "Don't you know that redhead cat".

(Log in to remove this ad.)

they should play some AC-DC or something; old players, old band :)

Did anyone else look closely at Dangerfield’s set shot from yesterday when he put it through?

it looked like he was paying extra attention on watching the ball drop onto his boot. Head was down over the foot for way longer than normal. It almost looked like a very deliberate action and area of focus.

it makes sense that this would be something to focus on - ball drop has always been Paddy’s issue kicking for goal.

I don’t think it was a coincidence that he made very good contact with ball.

something to keep on eye on in games coming up I reckon.

Jed Bews is an ordinary boy and, that's the way I like it.
You’re an ordinary kick and that’s the way I like it

In the ruck, at full forward, with a mind-numbing ball drop

Brought in last time

Given one more life

Had to let you know that you’re beautiful

And you make me go

And even if you’re takin em

There seems little chance you’re makin em

Your leg’s still achin

My eyes are sore

You haven’t re-strapped you knee in a quarter or more.

You jump around like a mentally deranged hummingbird with the runs.
After getting a day off for being a negative cancer, this is the too smug sarcastic over correction that fits the home troll description perfectly

Go Catters

You’re an ordinary kick and that’s the way I like it

In the ruck, at full forward, with a mind-numbing ball drop

Brought in last time

Given one more life

Had to let you know that you’re beautiful

And you make me go

And even if you’re takin em

There seems little chance you’re makin em

Your leg’s still achin

My eyes are sore

You haven’t re-strapped you knee in a quarter or more.

We beat the Tiges twice on their home ground
And that's the way I like it, that's the way I like it.

The most important thing, if we are to play several tall forwards, is that they MUST separate. They need to work out a regime of dummy leads / playing further up the ground etc.

This post has Sav written all over it. His lack of footy iq has him spoiling teammates, and getting in others way quite often. For this to all work he needs to be given clear directions on what he needs to do. The others are pretty smart footballers who are vastly more experienced. Sav has a fair but to learn. But he has some great leaders in the forward 50.

Did anyone else look closely at Dangerfield’s set shot from yesterday when he put it through?

it looked like he was paying extra attention on watching the ball drop onto his boot. Head was down over the foot for way longer than normal. It almost looked like a very deliberate action and area of focus.

it makes sense that this would be something to focus on - ball drop has always been Paddy’s issue kicking for goal.

I don’t think it was a coincidence that he made very good contact with ball.

something to keep on eye on in games coming up I reckon.
Better 15 years late than never.:p

RD 23 is shaping up as a possible dead rubber anything could yet happen in selection for both sides for that game,who knows if there will even be the week off between that and the finals which will also influence selections.

Weird one psychologically though given that it's possible we may have to play Melbourne in both R23 and first week of finals. We want to keep our tactical cards close to our chest if there's any specific tactical moves we're thinking of making against the Dees in finals. I still have bad memories of 2017 where we played Richmond late in the season and used Taylor forward; it worked that game, and we won, but when we played them a matter of weeks later we'd already played that card and they were ready for it. I really don't want any repeats of that scenario.

To be fair, he wasn't great in the ruck. Plenty were saying if he's going to play, he should play forward.

Today wasn't about the 4 goals, though that was fantastic. His 1 goal and multiple bring-the-ball-to-ground efforts in the second quarter is exactly what we want from him. If he kicks more than 1 goal, awesome! If he can dob just 1 and then create another 3 or 4 opportunities from pack-crashing (or better yet, mark-taking), he's a lock.

Of course, the discussion's already turned to who goes out if Cameron comes in and Sav stays, but it's a pretty good problem to have if he continues this form.
And to be fairer, the Sav experiment wasn't working prior to this week's game. Not sure how it's a gloat though, even with this week's win he has only proved it can work, he certainly hasn't cemented his spot.

With Cameron back in, I still don't think he should be in the best 22 at this stage. No soul searching here.

And to be fairer, the Sav experiment wasn't working prior to this week's game.
Wasn't working early in the match. I was listening to ABC and they were pointing out in the 2nd quarter that Sav was off the ground getting treatment on his knee and that he had had zero touches, making it sound pretty bad for him

Remove this Banner Ad

Back