Review Dees v Western Bulldogs - the Good, Bad & Fugly - Round 19, 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Careful Dory. Admit I have a point and post counter to AAP/TK orthodoxy and you risk being outcast.
yeah, i'm starting to get serious mafia vibes from TK and A11. Cross them and you'll be found face down in the yarra

People give it back to both of us as much as we give it out. I say good on GoH having a crack back.

But we are the Legion of Doom, the most unstoppable tag team partnership in WWF history.

The only thing that will change the way we play is where and how we move the ball. Do we continue only going long down the line or do we kick though CHB which allows you to attack both sides, and from there do we kick inboard and change the angle or go long to the pocket.

You can swap anyone you want in and out of the team and it won't matter if we don't change our ball movement.

until our method changes it won't mean sh*t anyway. swing as many changes as you like, it won't do anything.
You’re underestimating the power of fresh legs, but yea we do need to tweak something in the game plan too

You’re underestimating the power of fresh legs, but yea we do need to tweak something in the game plan too
Maybe, but Bowey and Melksham playing wouldn't have stopped us conceding 6 stoppage goals, they wouldn't have made Brown kick better. Our form drop off over the last 9 weeks isn't one or 2 players. It's the whole system

These arguments are kinda circular and pointless.

If it was just the method - why was that same method working flawlessly in the first 10 rounds? I think the coaches would adjust our "DNA" about 5% per team depending on matchups. The other 95% is the same every week.

It's all of personnel, method, confidence, fitness. Changing personnel can have down stream impacts on confidence, fitness and change our ability to "execute" the "method".

Our lack of injuries has created a very stable 22 throughout the year. This has largely been a positive, but I think Goody has been too gun-shy to change the team. Now's the time to shake things up, give the young guys who are tiring a break and give someone a chance to cement themselves in the 22 before finals.

I do think we’ve absolutely got some issues but honestly didn’t think we were awful against the Dogs. Goalkicking was our main problem on the night. The broader problem this year is not getting up against bad teams, that effort would have beaten GWS and the Hawks.

Legion of Doom, the most unstoppable tag team partnership in WWF history.
Wrong.

iu

Dunno if you've seen Dark Side of the Ring but they do an episode on Hawk from Legion of Doom.
Funny dude.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Our lack of injuries has created a very stable 22 throughout the year. This has largely been a positive, but I think Goody has been too gun-shy to change the team. Now's the time to shake things up, give the young guys who are tiring a break and give someone a chance to cement themselves in the 22 before finals.
Yup, at the start of the season Hunt, ANB, Tommy Mac and probably a few others were far from guaranteed spots. Maybe some complacency has snuck in.

These arguments are kinda circular and pointless.

If it was just the method - why was that same method working flawlessly in the first 10 rounds? I think the coaches would adjust our "DNA" about 5% per team depending on matchups. The other 95% is the same every week.

It wasn't working flawlessly. We had bad first quarters and were behind against teams like North. It worked because it was a new system that teams hadn't been able to study. Since Adelaide beat us teams have gone to work on our system and it's been far less successful.

I do think we’ve absolutely got some issues but honestly didn’t think we were awful against the Dogs. Goalkicking was our main problem on the night. The broader problem this year is not getting up against bad teams, that effort would have beaten GWS and the Hawks.
Funny, I thought we were awful but we were within arm's reach all night, and that's what has kept me calm.

I still don't think we are far away, despite all the negativity in here/media. I wonder if we would be better suited bringing Weideman in for Jackson for a week or 2 to play as second ruck. Jackson has tapered off a bit so may need a light week or 2. Weideman may provide a bit more more forward to substitute what we might lose in the ruck.

That said, isn't gonna make a massive difference if the elite gun midfielders keep forgetting to defend.

It wasn't working flawlessly. We had bad first quarters and were behind against teams like North. It worked because it was a new system that teams hadn't been able to study. Since Adelaide beat us teams have gone to work on our system and it's been far less successful.

I see what you're trying to say, but I don't buy this.

Every team has flat quarters/games. We've been in every single game this year (Collingwood game was probably the least competitive game this year) because of the method.

We've hit a flat spot with our form, but when was it realistic that we were going to essentially win every game for the year? If Adelaide had truly worked our system out we wouldn't have beaten a red hot Brisbane, Dogs first time round and Port in Adelaide.

We've become too shy with the ball in hand. Like Trac said about our first half against Brisbane - we were/are boring.

We've been playing dour, boring footy and unable to fully click into a fluid attack. I think it's largely a mindset thing, though. Feel like we're a really good win away from finding form and confidence again.

Come out breathing fire and punish GC from the opening bounce and I think we could find our mojo again.

Wrong.

iu

Dunno if you've seen Dark Side of the Ring but they do an episode on Hawk from Legion of Doom.
Funny dude.

lol, they were so bad they needed to add crush

Nikolai Volkoff and the Iron Sheik would’ve torn them a new one.

View attachment 1187569
How ******* good are old school wrestling gimmicks? Racial stereotypes is what's missing in professional wrestling today.

Imagine a Dr. Taliban right now. You could call his finishing move the Suicide Blast. I mean the script writes itself.

Gimme a call if you want more ideas Vinnie Mac!

How ******* good are old school wrestling gimmicks? Racial stereotypes is what's missing in professional wrestling today.

Imagine a Dr. Taliban right now. You could call his finishing move the Suicide Blast. I mean the script writes itself.

Gimme a call if you want more ideas Vinnie Mac!

Some of the old promos were absolute gold and totally wouldn't be allowed today. Ted Dibiase responsible for some fo my all time favs.

The famous Mexican architect senior slum. :tearsofjoy:

Some of the old promos were absolute gold and totally wouldn't be allowed today. Ted Dibiase responsible for some fo my all time favs.

The famous Mexican architect senior slum. :tearsofjoy:

* that's brutal <3

Loved how Teddy would nail the Million $ Dream on some prick then ram a $100 note into their mouth after they were counted out :D :D :D

fu** that's brutal <3

Loved how Teddy would nail the Million $ Dream on some prick then ram a $100 note into their mouth after they were counted out :D :D :D

He was awesome, one of my all times favs, theme music one of if not the best of all time too.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back