List Mgmt. Carlton Draft 2021

Duece1995

Team Captain
Jun 1, 2021
AFL Club
Carlton
Arrow normally has a good eye for talent. My number priority would be elite Midfielder if one should be available at our selection.

bmaurizio

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 11, 2004
Singapore
AFL Club
Carlton
Arrow normally has a good eye for talent. My number priority would be elite Midfielder if one should be available at our selection.
Agree with you it begins in the midfield everything revolves around this one position.
Goater, Hobbs, Roberts or Ward anyone one of these future guns would be great. 2nd Rd pick, Bozza a 195 cm Key Defender.
Trade period will be pivotal this year too.

Would love to get at least
1x Small Defender - speedy, lockdown defender
1x KPD
2x Wingers - speedy, elite by foot, defensive running
1x KPF/Ruck
1x HFF- speedy, elite by foot, goal kicking, HF/MID
1x Small Forward - Speedy, goal sneak

From the first round of the draft
Gibcus (KPD), Callaghan (Wing), Sonsie (Mid), Ward (Mid) all possible at our pick...

Amiss (KPF) may be available at our second

Maybe some gems late in the draft
Schlensog (KPD), Nasiah Wanganeen-Milera (Mid) and Lachlan Grubb

FitzroyBlueBagger

FitzroyBlueBagger
Sep 30, 2018
Fitzroy
AFL Club
Carlton
We need 1 x KPF, 1 x KPD, 1 x lockdown small defender, 2 x wingman and 1 hybrid midfielder.

We got a lot of holes to fill..
We also lack dangerous and classy natural small/medium forwards who can actually cause some scoreboard havoc as well...
The list is long, many required holes still to fill for the now and particularly the future...

FitzroyBlueBagger

FitzroyBlueBagger
Sep 30, 2018
Fitzroy
AFL Club
Carlton
Every chance to be in the bottom 4 by the end of the year.

Surely the club just goes in and takes the best available mid, but looking at who’s available there’s no obvious choice in the 4-7 range.

Sonsie?
I went through the ladder predictor yesterday, unfortunately there’s a small chance we could finish bottom four by not winning another game and the few teams around us picking up one or a few more wins, that would give us pick (4) #6...

another win would leave us with pick #6/7ish which will end up with pick #8/9 with the two F/S Daicos and Darcy going top 3...

Last edited:

FitzroyBlueBagger

FitzroyBlueBagger
Sep 30, 2018
Fitzroy
AFL Club
Carlton
Would love to get at least
1x Small Defender - speedy, lockdown defender
1x KPD
2x Wingers - speedy, elite by foot, defensive running
1x KPF/Ruck
1x HFF- speedy, elite by foot, goal kicking, HF/MID
1x Small Forward - Speedy, goal sneak

From the first round of the draft
Gibcus (KPD), Callaghan (Wing), Sonsie (Mid), Ward (Mid) all possible at our pick...

Amiss (KPF) may be available at our second

Maybe some gems late in the draft
Schlensog (KPD), Nasiah Wanganeen-Milera (Mid) and Lachlan Grubb
Our list actually requires another 2 x KPD and KPF & KPF-RUCK, which probably needs to happen over the next 2 draft/trade periods minimum...

Jul 14, 2005
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Chelsea FC
I went through the ladder predictor yesterday, unfortunately there’s a small chance we could finish bottom four by not winning another game and the few teams around us picking up one or a few more wins, that would give us pick (4) #6...

another win would leave us with pick #6/7ish which will end up with pick #8/9 with the two F/S Daicos and Darcy going top 3...

That’d be about right.

Looks like there might actually be a few inside/outside mids around that range.

Be nice to grab a well performed junior mid who can slot in and be a decent contributor straight away but still has a decent amount of growth. Our version of Ollie Wines or Jarrod Berry.

WFGodot

Cancelled
Nov 3, 2017
AFL Club
Carlton
Does it even matter? When we get an early pick we consider it our duty to confuse the living bjesus out of them and destroy them mentally and physically.
They need therapy after a year or two at Carlton. Draftees thrive inspite of our coaching not because of it. Its a somewhat counterintuitive approach, reminscent of ancient Sparta.
That said I say lose all 4 remaining and then pick up the best kid who can cope with our "development". He'll need to be particularly resilient to survive our "coaching".

Oct 4, 2015
AFL Club
Carlton
Does it even matter? When we get an early pick we consider it our duty to confuse the living bjesus out of them and destroy them mentally and physically.
They need therapy after a year or two at Carlton. Draftees thrive inspite of our coaching not because of it. Its a somewhat counterintuitive approach, reminscent of ancient Sparta.
That said I say lose all 4 remaining and then pick up the best kid who can cope with our "development". He'll need to be particularly resilient to survive our "coaching".

I don't think it's been that bad to be honest. Weiters, Charlie, Harry, Walsh, Stocker all looking good.

The only drafts that are questionable really at this point are 2016 and 2017 but look at the other options in those years, not many taken around our pick are exactly world beaters either.

bmaurizio

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 11, 2004
Singapore
AFL Club
Carlton
Not sure. I reckon if SPS goes it'll be to Freo. Apparently they want him too.

What about Setters + F1st to GC for their 1st?

Hopefully SPS & oue 2022 1st pick, for Cerra gets it done, would be a great outcome,the way the modern game is played it all starts in the center and we are short of 2 or 3 qualified midfielders yet, we need to be more competitive.

Oct 4, 2015
AFL Club
Carlton
Hopefully SPS & oue 2022 1st pick, for Cerra gets it done, would be a great outcome,the way the modern game is played it all starts in the center and we are short of 2 or 3 qualified midfielders yet, we need to be more competitive.

Is Cerra better than a mid we could potentially grab with GC's 1st?

bmaurizio

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 11, 2004
Singapore
AFL Club
Carlton
We'll probably end up with a pick in the 3 to 6 range, sadly can't see us wining many more games.
I wouldn't trade our 1st too valuable, Rachel would be great need his accurate kicking ability and evasiveness will be a real ripper, or a tall like Callaghan or Goater.
For the Cerra trade I would do oue 2022 1st pick and a palyer SPS or Fisher.

ItsAllAboutMe

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 22, 2006
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur
unlikely to be a national championship again this year, Vic kids missing key development because of yoyoing in and out of lockdown, 2 of the top 3 are father son selections.. not a good year to have a top pick..

Our lack of father son's has really hurt us. Not sure why but our greats just dont produce decent offspring (jSOS excluded) look a the le up a team like the bulldogs have based on father son Wallis, Hunter, Libratore, West, Cordy and will add Sam Darcy to this pool at seasons end.. The pies have a leg up to rebound quickly off father sons, Moore, Daicos x 2, Brown x 2 & Kelly..

Back