Review Dogs defeat melbourne 85-65 - Round 19, 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

None of us would agree with the opposition that we get favoured by the umpires we get some 50/50 decisions and miss out of some howlers but overall since Bevo took over we are consistently on top of the free kick differential. It is more about the frees we do not give away than number of frees we get.

What these numnut opposition supporters do not know is I am sure Bevo being a smart coach puts time and effort in how we play do not give away many free kicks. Not sure when their dumb arse coaches will wake up.
Spot on.

Gotta love Big Chilli. Two of his most dogged and determined games this year have been against Nic Nat and Gawn.

Sure Gawn wins the hitouts and taps to advantage but Timmy does enough often enough in the clinches to make a difference....and he goes all game. And that was a ripper snap off a step from near enough to 50.

He has a terrific work ethic and is very resilient with touches of absolute class and great work around the ground. One can only imagine what 2023 Timmy looks and plays like. Good times ahead.
Add to that preseasons to Weightman, Garcia and Marra. The future looks good.

True. We all got ahead or ourselves last night. Me included.

But wins like that don’t come about very often and they should be thoroughly enjoyed.

And a lot of us are doing it tough at the moment with the lockdown etc., so I think we are entitled to get a bit carried away.

I would rather over celebrate than under celebrate. It was a fantastic win.

In the cold hard light of day, Melbourne are a very good side who will be contending at the end of the year and it will take our best to beat them.

I never really minded Melbourne, and I wouldn’t begrudge their supporters a premiership, but gee they have some arrogant pissant flogs playing for them and I thoroughly enjoyed watching our boys deliver them a beating in a very clean and professional manner.

I was thinking along similar lines last night but L. Messi instead. Daniel just seems so balance with lots of time and great disposal. It’s almost like the game is slower for him, matrix style.
Maradonna as a player had the ability to lift a whole team to Victory. Messi does not have that quality. Diego had the ability of making middle of the road players look like stars. Messi is not the leader that Diego was. In spite of all the faults that Diego had, he was the only player in the world to call FIFA a bunch of corrupt bastards. anyway, not the right forum.

Cordy pushed Oliver's head into the ground at some stage.

Cordy needs to get that sh*t out of his game.
On a side note did you see Oliver flop like he was hit in the head i think in the last quarter that wasn't paid to him thank goodness, but reminded me of the time he did it a couple of years ago and got baked for it.

When I arrived in Australia I went for Hawthorn but was not all that keen on them. Just barracked for them because they were good. I used to like giving my school friends the shits. :) Then I met the missus and her dad had played with Teddy. So I moved to Footscray in 1985 and thought I have to barrack for the local club. plus the missus put a lot of pressure. now I am a crazy mad bastard who barracks for the dogs. More biased than her family all put together. love the fact that it is the local club. My daughters both barrack for the doggies. so now it is the bulldogs or nothing. so there. that is my kind of short explanation. also I always like going to popular sport. I have a group of mates that go each week. we call ourselves the aisle 22.5. bunch of crazy loveable old blokes. really funny going to the footy. also, for me going to the footy is cheaper than seeing a psychiatrist. :)
Legend

A lot of people on here were calling for Baz to be dropped a month or so ago. His last five rounds have gone

31 touches, 5 tackles, 2.2 goals vs WC

16 touches, 3 tackles vs North

27 touches, 3 tackles, 1.1 vs Sydney

33 touches, 4 tackles vs GC

26 touches, 9 tackles, 1.1 vs Melb.

What a player. I think when Treloar gets back in he’ll lose a few inside mid minutes and they’ll almost reverse roles compared to earlier in the year.

Dunkley and Treloar still to add to this midfield is insane!

A lot of people on here were calling for Baz to be dropped a month or so ago. His last five rounds have gone

31 touches, 5 tackles, 2.2 goals vs WC

16 touches, 3 tackles vs North

27 touches, 3 tackles, 1.1 vs Sydney

33 touches, 4 tackles vs GC

26 touches, 9 tackles, 1.1 vs Melb.

What a player. I think when Treloar gets back in he’ll lose a few inside mid minutes and they’ll almost reverse roles compared to earlier in the year.

Dunkley and Treloar still to add to this midfield is insane!
Treloar makes a massive difference as his run and carry breaks opposition lines. It forces everyone else to get their jets on as well...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Probably because it would have been a stupid off the cuff remark. Not sure who it was but I would hope they didn’t mean it and have learnt their lesson
That may happen when in person you speak, but when its typed down, its a calculated thought. So absolutely no excuse.

I not going to lie this was me in the living room with the kids and wife asleep just after Hannan took the grab and then kicked the goal to put us 22 points up with a few minutes left.

Loved Lachie Hunter's reaction as well.

Round 19 Coaches Votes
9 Marcus Bontempelli (WB)
8 Caleb Daniel (WB)
7 Clayton Oliver (MELB)
3 Jack Macrae (WB)
2 Lachie Hunter (WB)
1 Bailey Smith (WB)

Round 19 Coaches Votes
9 Marcus Bontempelli (WB)
8 Caleb Daniel (WB)
7 Clayton Oliver (MELB)