briztoon

Wannabe Draft Nuffie
Nov 28, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
NUFC, Philadelphia 76'ers
Figured the Olympics deserved their own thread.

Watching the cycling.

For a one day race, the Olympic Road Race is properly hard. No sprinters race this one.

How good is the celebration

I woulda been going off like that too if I was there .That race was just next level.

Two champs going head to head for best part of 300m in a 400m race.

They didn't break the WR because it was tactical. Ledecky made the mistake of trying to burn Titmus off early in the World Champs and it backfired so she tried to keep something in the locker this time. Colossal effort for Titmus to run her down again because Ledecky is a proven champ and very tough competitor.

First individual women’s swimming gold since 2008 - that surprised me. Shows how our swimming program fell off a cliff after the Sydney/Athens bubble burst. We had won Worlds in that time period but the likes of the Campbells and Seebohm haven’t managed to replicate that form at the Olympics.

First individual women’s swimming gold since 2008 - that surprised me. Shows how our swimming program fell off a cliff after the Sydney/Athens bubble burst. We had won Worlds in that time period but the likes of the Campbells and Seebohm haven’t managed to replicate that form at the Olympics.
Like in many sports like tennis for instance our natural ability took us to the top of the world but over the last 40 years the wealthier nations have thrown more money at sports and athletes from smaller nations have had access to coaching and training programs that were hitherto non existent . Plus a lot of cheating programs , surprising to see the Russians have still found a way in.

Overall we're punching a long way above our weight.

How good is Jessica Fox?

I felt her pain when she basically threw away the K1

Total and utter redemption in the C1.

Champion of the highest order to pick herself up and go again when everyone would have forgiven her for not being able to

One of the best ever Olympic moments for me:thumbsu:

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Really enjoyed these games.

Highlights:

- Kookaburras beating Germany, that final was also amazing
- Girls beating Latvia in the Beach Volleyball semis
- Mens high jump final
- Women's Synchronised swimming duet final. Not usually my thing, but wow, anyone that gets a chance watch their routine. Mesmerising. Absolute beauty and I could only watch it jaw agape and hands on cheeks, No wonder those Svetlanas have a massive pile of Golds
- Mens 400m hurdle final. I have rewatched this so much. What a race. We will not see another race like this is in our lifetime. Magnificent.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back