Recommitted Josh Dunkley [contracted and staying at the Western Bulldogs]

Remove this Banner Ad

Is there such thing as a win-win? Perkins going along nicely and Parish getting the mid minutes he deserves. Dogs crying out to get Dunks back in!
Yep. Definitely a win-win-win. Dunkley, Essendon and Dogs all win.

Happy for us to draft an inside mid and develop Perkins and Caldwell. Perkins genuinely has what it takes to be that big-bodied inside mid we've been crying out for.

A plate of chilli scrambled eggs and an oat latte has cost Josh Dunkley far more than the small amount written on his bill. On Sunday Victoria’s health department ordered Dunkley into a 14-day quarantine backdated to last Wednesday, forcing him to miss round 19.

Not only injury prone but look at this hipster junk, Essendon dodged a bullet.

:cool:

Not only injury prone but look at this hipster junk, Essendon dodged a bullet.

:cool:
[/QUOTOh Yeah they are the ones that dodged a bullet, instead of competing for another premiership, he could be with an also ran club. i think the bullet missed Josh instead

Reminder that the main reason the bombers didn't get him is because they refused to trade their future first rounder (IE- their first rounder this year). Dodoro was expecting a bottom 2 finish and wanted the draft pick. It's now looking like not getting Dunkley will be the reason they miss the finals.

The doggies probably would've done a 2021 first rounder + 2021 second rounder deal. Essendon are so stupid.

Reminder that the main reason the bombers didn't get him is because they refused to trade their future first rounder (IE- their first rounder this year). Dodoro was expecting a bottom 2 finish and wanted the draft pick. It's now looking like not getting Dunkley will be the reason they miss the finals.

The doggies probably would've done a 2021 first rounder + 2021 second rounder deal. Essendon are so stupid.

I think the bombers are content with keeping this years first, getting Perkins and are happy with how their season is going. Their midfield is now chockers - Parish McGrath Merrett Shiel Caldwell Langford. I don’t think any of them are now regretting the decision.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think the bombers are content with keeping this years first, getting Perkins and are happy with how their season is going. Their midfield is now chockers - Parish McGrath Merrett Shiel Caldwell Langford. I don’t think any of them are now regretting the decision.
You don't know much about football.

If the Bombers were choosing between their pick this year and Dunkley right now, they'd take Dunkley in a heartbeat.

If the Bombers were choosing between their pick this year and Dunkley right now, they'd take Dunkley in a heartbeat.

It wasn't just this years pick... it would have been one of Cox/Perkins plus this years pick. Considering they have been a big part of the side functioning and with the exception of this weekend we haven't had trouble winning it out of the centre. We likely would be in a similar position. Plus the chances are Parish wouldn't have had his chance.

I know plenty about footy. You seem to be confusing where Essendon sit right now in terms of premiership window.
If Dunks was at the dons would they have unleashed the superstar named Darcy Parish? Or would he still be playing forward pocket? Langford also having a great season. I know every team wants to play finals, but I’d say essendon would be focusing more on the next few years and are not going to be upset about missing out in 2021.

Ignoring that you can't trade out both your future first and second, and also that we traded our future second as part of the Caldwell deal.....

... Doggies were never asking for just our future first. They wanted that and one of our 2020 firsts. Which was too much.

Personally, and I know many EFC fans disagree with this, I'm not fussed about making finals. Even with Dunkley we'd just be making up the numbers.

If they got Dunkley I doubt Parish would have had a crack at the inside role
Exactly. What do you choose - a mediocre Parish + Dunkley, OR Reid (assuming they would've taken Cox + Perkins) + 2021 1st + a star Parish

Would be perfect to finish off the North Midfield.
We've got the cash to get him across too.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back