Discussion If you were to take over Champion Data, What would you change?

Dec 3, 2017
AFL Club
Melbourne
Well that is a reason given for people quitting.
I think its a valid one.
It shouldnt come down to who has 168 hours a week to dedicate to there team.
We need a middle ground.
Getting rid of captains loophole actually makes it harder.
picking a decent captain becomes harder.
No second chances.

Yeh I'm not keen on giving "time poor" people who have all of 5 minutes a week to dedicate to their SC team the ability to colour by numbers a Top1k SC team simply by doing the minimum requirement. * them. Want good results then put in the time.

May 20, 2009
coburg
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Yeh I'm not keen on giving "time poor" people who have all of 5 minutes a week to dedicate to their SC team the ability to colour by numbers a Top1k SC team simply by doing the minimum requirement. fu** them. Want good results then put in the time.
well removing emergency's would do that.
You need to follow the game and swap late out players off the field or cop a donut.
no emergency.

Dec 3, 2017
AFL Club
Melbourne
well removing emergency's would do that.
You need to follow the game and swap late out players off the field or cop a donut.
no emergency.

Emergencies are fine. No need to change that. Bench players are an intricate part of the game. Not just cash cows.

If I could change just one thing it would be to go back to 25 trades.

Last edited:
May 20, 2009
coburg
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Emergencies are fine. No need to change that. Bench players are an intricate part of the game. Not just cash cows.

If I could change just on thing it would be to go back to 25 trades.
TBH
I agree, the game was better with less trades.
I like the wild card idea. I see it as the best covid fix for any game cancellations (provided its not the last game of the round. I cant see any fix for that.)
+ it adds strategy. everyone gets one.
+ you get a chance to get rid of dud picks you would never be able to move from in previous years.
+ Use it in the byes and they become a non issue. making the game far less complicated.
+ giving everyone a second chance at a competitive league team. You can change it up early if you get mass injuries. Going early like this wont help with overall imo.
Most first and second year players pick dud teams. Most pick to many from there own club. With a bit of guidance they can ask for help and get a team they can be proud of. change the lot there and then and not have to wait 12 months to have another go.

Dec 3, 2017
AFL Club
Melbourne
TBH
I agree, the game was better with less trades.
I like the wild card idea. I see it as the best covid fix for any game cancellations (provided its not the last game of the round. I cant see any fix for that.)
+ it adds strategy. everyone gets one.
+ you get a chance to get rid of dud picks you would never be able to move from in previous years.
+ Use it in the byes and they become a non issue. making the game far less complicated.
+ giving everyone a second chance at a competitive league team. You can change it up early if you get mass injuries. Going early like this wont help with overall imo.
Most first and second year players pick dud teams. Most pick to many from there own club. With a bit of guidance they can ask for help and get a team they can be proud of. change the lot there and then and not have to wait 12 months to have another go.

The problem with the "wild card" is that it lets people off the hook and does not punish mistakes (bad starting picks) Not really fair on those who nail their starting team after months of research who don't require a re-set.

If I could change just on thing it would be to go back to 25 trades.

On top of this I think getting rid of the Captains loop. You have to choose your Captain & Vice Captains prior to the first game and once the round starts they are locked in.

May 20, 2009
coburg
AFL Club
North Melbourne
The problem with the "wild card" is that it lets people off the hook and does not punish mistakes (bad starting picks) Not really fair on those who nail their starting team after months of research who don't require a re-set.
oh but it is
You nail your starting team
you dont use your WC until your team value is like 12.5mil.
Anyone going early is out of overall period.
Ideally you use it the week of the midseason draft.
second bye round.
or league finals if thats your game.

Dec 3, 2017
AFL Club
Melbourne
On top of this I think getting rid of the Captains loop. You have to choose your Captain & Vice Captains prior to the first game and once the round starts they are locked in.

As much as I like using the VC/C loophole, I wouldn't be against removing it just for the melts it would cause when kenties see an unexpected :lock: icon next to their Captain's name on FF. :moustache:

May 20, 2009
coburg
AFL Club
North Melbourne

Look at your team value right now.
now imagine cashing the lot in.
full value pick a starting team for the last 4 weeks.
do it at the right time and you can do like 5 upgrades.
do it in the first few rounds when total team value is like 10.8mil and you get less upgrades. But you still may end up with a competitive league team.

Dec 3, 2017
AFL Club
Melbourne
Look at your team value right now.
now imagine cashing the lot in.
full value pick a starting team for the last 4 weeks.
do it at the right time and you can do like 5 upgrades.
do it in the first few rounds when total team value is like 10.8mil and you get less upgrades. But you still may end up with a competitive league team.

Feels too radical of a shift away from the game we know and love.

I think it needs to come with less trades tbh
personally i would go back to 20
but i expect 25 would be more palatable for everyone else.

Back in the 20 trades days there was better wookies it didn't matter which one you got they all got to 270 plus., few dud ones tho.
And there was more DPP players which was eaiser to move them around to cover inj players.

May 20, 2009
coburg
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Back in the 20 trades days there was better wookies it didn't matter which one you got they all got to 270 plus., few dud ones tho.
And there was more DPP players which was eaiser to move them around to cover inj players.
Thats how i remember it also.
but if a WC is being added it comes with less trades imo.

Ingy

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 5, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Wild card sounds cool, but I think it would create a split in the comp.

If you were going for overall, you couldn't be competitive in league finals.

If you wanted to be competitive in league finals, you couldn't manage a decent overall ranking.

There'd be no in betweens.

So I don't reckon it's the way to go

May 20, 2009
coburg
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Wild card sounds cool, but I think it would create a split in the comp.

If you were going for overall, you couldn't be competitive in league finals.

If you wanted to be competitive in league finals, you couldn't manage a decent overall ranking.

There'd be no in betweens.

So I don't reckon it's the way to go
Idk about that.
If you are good at picking a starting team you get an advantage.
As you now have to do it twice.
Still having your wild card this time of year and having a decent ranking would mean you have a massive advantage.
same as with leagues this round.
what it would do to leagues is cut down the number of ghost ships.
that has to be a good thing.

Back