Review Round 19, 2021 - Brisbane Lions vs. Gold Coast

Who were your five best players against Gold Coast?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Your take on the game is the same as mine. Only watched the game on replay knowing the result and with no emotion so saw it more clinically. Agree with all that you have said.

Yeah also watched later and didn't think the commentators were too bad,but watching live while you're losing everything is blown out of proportion. Huddo was okay considering he's a cats guy so was probably hoping we'd lose

Yeah also watched later and didn't think the commentators were too bad,but watching live while you're losing everything is blown out of proportion. Huddo was okay considering he's a cats guy so was probably hoping we'd lose
Healy seems to have a thing about us but the rest of the commentary was par for the course. Root for the underdog unless they're playing Geelong, Collingwood , Richmond or Essendon . And latterly Melbourne and the Bulldogs. Which only leaves us and PA as the good teams to barrack against. The Swans are all 'kids' and a Cinderalla story so it's easy to barrack for them as well.

I recall the sorts of commentary we got and it used to really annoy me.
Was usually a Dermott Brereton saying something like “good boy, really really well done there by the kid” to a run of the mill contest by one of our players.
I found it a bit patronising.

But I suppose anything that anyone said when we were 10 goals down would annoy me to be honest..

Yeah they still do that to the teams we play too.

Healy seems to have a thing about us but the rest of the commentary was par for the course. Root for the underdog unless they're playing Geelong, Collingwood , Richmond or Essendon . And latterly Melbourne and the Bulldogs. Which only leaves us and PA as the good teams to barrack against. The Swans are all 'kids' and a Cinderalla story so it's easy to barrack for them as well.

Oh don't get me wrong, we get the bad end of the stick with general levels of intetest. My biggest issue is with Whatley who literally foams from the mouth with the Swans, port and Dogs but pays us scant regard. He can barely bring himself to aknowkdge us on 360 - Robbo makes up for it though.

I think the commentary would be exactly the same againts any top 6 team in that scenario againts the Suns who everyone is looking at to improve.

I do notice alot of campaigning for oppo frees during Gabba games, its odd.

Healy actually knows more about us than most, he always throws up mentions about us on the Couch. He does get sucked into underdog narratives though.

The Guy who mentions us the most is Kane Cornes, I think he has a genuine interest since he came up to visit during pre-season.

Back