Scott Morrison - How Long? Part 5 - The stroll out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, are you voting for chalkies, or hucksters?

Maaaaaaate. Chalkies all the way. Scomo's just a better dressed snake oil salesman.

Nov 3, 2011
Victoria
AFL Club
West Coast
He is not just an ex marketing guy.

He is a god bothering QAnon following anti science anti climate change empty vessel ex marketing guy.

The only things missing are used car salesman and real estate agent.

You would be hard pressed to design a more useless human being.

Slomos rap sheet is second to Hitler. I don't know how he can claim to be religious with everything he has done, its sickening.

I used to think Abbott was the worst PM we ever had, now I miss him as he is turned out to be a (relatively) harmless oaf who did harmless things like give knighthoods away. Slomo is legitimately evil and makes us all want to be a worse person.

Rotayjay

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 28, 2014
Adelaide, South Australia
AFL Club
Adelaide
The elections cannot be delayed without a constitutional amendment. The half senate election must be held, and results returned by 1 July 2022.

They would instead allow all people in the affected area to vote by mail.
I'm glad it's constitutionally locked in (Morrison needs to face the people on time), but I hope we don't get an American-style fiasco of false accusations of mail voting fraud. I think even the most extreme Aussie politicians will accept the AEC and courts' determination.

I'm glad it's constitutionally locked in (Morrison needs to face the people on time), but I hope we don't get an American-style fiasco of false accusations of mail voting fraud. I think even the most extreme Aussie politicians will accept the AEC and courts' determination.
With the knuckle draggers on the right looking longingly at the state of US politics I think it's almost inevitable that we'll see some of this. Look at all the accusations of the "illegitimacy" of the Gillard government thrown around by Abbott and co during the hung parliament era.

Hornberger

Club Legend
Jun 20, 2011
AFL Club
Gold Coast
He won't take the chance on an election amidst covid lockdowns.
He'll be looking at an early election as soon as they can get a bit of clear air on top of enough time for the Australian electorate's traditional amnesia to kick in.
Very low chance for an election early now.

Latest realistically possible time to call an election this year is 29 October, with the 11 December election date (which is still getting dangerously close to Christmas).

NSW will still be coming out of lockdown in October.

Hornberger

Club Legend
Jun 20, 2011
AFL Club
Gold Coast
You can guarantee that far right morons like Kelly, Hanson, Palmer and Jones will claim that their is election fraud (even if they don't change the elections rules at all).

Burro

Club Legend
Sep 27, 2015
AFL Club
Geelong

He is a god bothering QAnon following anti science anti climate change empty vessel ex marketing guy.

This is interesting.

4 more weeks lol

Roll on until the lesson not to vote for these glass-jawed inept chicken-little 1950's worshipping betas is learnt :thumbsu:

Major Colvin

Norm Smith Medallist
May 8, 2006
AFL Club
Melbourne
Slomos rap sheet is second to Hitler. I don't know how he can claim to be religious with everything he has done, its sickening.

I used to think Abbott was the worst PM we ever had, now I miss him as he is turned out to be a (relatively) harmless oaf who did harmless things like give knighthoods away. Slomo is legitimately evil and makes us all want to be a worse person.

What's worrying is that it's hard to imagine the LNP ever having a stable, sane Leader again in our lifetimes. Turnbull was their last chance and of course he was unceremoniously dumped by the cabal of nutters lead by the Pied Piper over at Murdoch media/Sky News. Now you can expect each new LNP leader will at best be a bad photocopy of the previous one. At worst, a pure fascist like Dutton.

It would have been unfathomable in the early 2000's (or even late 2000's) to imagine that Abbott could become PM - a fringe lunatic of the party in the 90's who gained prominence and rank under Howard. Further, the thought that Morrison could have been PM even in the Abbott years was unfathomable. Those maniacal press conferences ''Operation sovereign borders'' basically he was handed the janitorial equivalent of portfolios, given to whoever was desperate enough to debase themselves. No work was required, only to be a bold-faced liar who was also evasive. Five years later - two of the craziest most ghastly members of the LNP, Morrison and Dutton, were apparently the best they had to offer to replace Turnbull.

Honestly, can't even imagine who they will have as their leader in 10 years - TikTok guy? Pete Evans?

Nov 3, 2011
Victoria
AFL Club
West Coast
What's worrying is that it's hard to imagine the LNP ever having a stable, sane Leader again in our lifetimes. Turnbull was their last chance and of course he was unceremoniously dumped by the cabal of nutters lead by the Pied Piper over at Murdoch media/Sky News. Now you can expect each new LNP leader will at best be a bad photocopy of the previous one. At worst, a pure fascist like Dutton.

It would have been unfathomable in the early 2000's (or even late 2000's) to imagine that Abbott could become PM - a fringe lunatic of the party in the 90's who gained prominence and rank under Howard. Further, the thought that Morrison could have been PM even in the Abbott years was unfathomable. Those maniacal press conferences ''Operation sovereign borders'' basically he was handed the janitorial equivalent of portfolios, given to whoever was desperate enough to debase themselves. No work was required, only to be a bold-faced liar who was also evasive. Five years later - two of the craziest most ghastly members of the LNP, Morrison and Dutton, were apparently the best they had to offer to replace Turnbull.

Honestly, can't even imagine who they will have as their leader in 10 years - TikTok guy? Pete Evans?

Re: Turnbull - I thought the same thing. I thought he was our best chance of having a competent PM, esp with his business background. Honestly what is slomo's background apart from failed marketing executive?

Yep I honestly cant see any competent leader there for a lifetime. The current Lib incumbents are the dregs of society just filling their boots. Either the nation finally wakes up and vote them all out in the next election, or potato head finally manages to become leader before then and people will finally vote Labor. Hopefully by then it'll be a Lib wipeout federally alongside WA and Vic (maybe NSW if Gladys continues with her mockdown for another 6 months).

Jim Chalmers speaks very well and I could see him as a future Labor leader, Albo fills me with no confidence and it's frustrating that he selfishly wont stand aside.

With the knuckle draggers on the right looking longingly at the state of US politics I think it's almost inevitable that we'll see some of this. Look at all the accusations of the "illegitimacy" of the Gillard government thrown around by Abbott and co during the hung parliament era.

The problem with that is that every voter has to vote here (well get their name ticked off) unlike the U.S. Every roll is checked after the election to see if people voted multiple times and those are followed up. It's almost impossible to have a rigged election here without it being obvious from the paper trails.
Mail in and early voting is legal so it's not like they can challenge the legitimacy of those votes in court the way they are in the U.S.

We also have a centralised independent electoral commission (AEC) that overseas the federal election in every state rather than a hodge podge of bodies in each state with different rules depending on where you live. The AEC decide on things that in the U.S. partisan state parliaments do.

Jul 5, 2012
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Kidding, right?

Terrifyingly true post.

Basically the human equivalent of a Plover

Sep 17, 2019
AFL Club
Richmond
1627443273829.png

HurleyHepsHird

Ghost Stories for the End of the World
Oct 2, 2011
Between the Lines
AFL Club
West Coast
Now that Victoria is out of lockdown, here comes the boost to support payments. Primeminister for NSW everyone.

Also, it turns out (according to Morrison) the vaccine program has been a race all along. And allegedly the supply is there for everyone to be vaccinated now? Funny that. Both my doctor and the government website say I'm not eligible.

Last edited:

HurleyHepsHird

Ghost Stories for the End of the World
Oct 2, 2011
Between the Lines
AFL Club
West Coast
Only new news is Morrison reckons no more restrictions after Christmas, everone will have had time to be vaccinated by then.

Allegedly the doses are falling from the skies, yet somehow supply atm is only sufficient for around 20k shots p/d in Victoria and Sydney.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back