The off topic thread 5.0

Remove this Banner Ad

Confused?

Yeah they want me to log in on my personal laptop for this afternoon. I'm saying they could have picked up my work laptop tomorrow when I didn't need it anymore.

I mean in that second post you've quoted I even say "They organise the courier to come today (my last day)" :p

Nope, all the reasons are gone.

Density limits etc in place for cafes, pubs etc but you can leave your house for whatever reason.

Groups of 10 can be outside.
Excellent, hopefully we can get Melb peeps back up this way. So many businesses are struggling and this lockdown seems to have hit the hardest for a lot of places.

Excellent, hopefully we can get Melb peeps back up this way. So many businesses are struggling and this lockdown seems to have hit the hardest for a lot of places.

This was the hardest lockdown of all. Out of the blue and right when we were just getting used to some normality.

Hopefully you get a bunch of socially distanced and vaccinated citygoers up on the Murray this weekend mate.

Geez, the numbers in NSW are bad.

46 in ICU, 19 on a ventilator. Both up from last week.

Be lucky to get out of this in a month if this continues. Is there a chance she tightens things more?
I'm not holding my breath.

Apparently new measures being announced today.
Other than the ones already rumoured? The ones in the SMH article were slight easings if anything - construction in non-hotspots and Year 12 can go to school.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Other than the ones already rumoured? The ones in the SMH article were slight easings if anything - construction in non-hotspots and Year 12 can go to school.

Yes, they're adding more suburbs to the tougher restrictions applied to the South-West. Whether people abide by them is another thing.

Not restarting construction is economic suicide though and would destroy countless businesses. Where practical that needs to restart.

They should do what Vic did and have density limits on construction sites, better than nothing.

I suspect that's what they're going to announce.

Also bringing in stricter restrictions around shopping.

If Year 12 is re-commencing in 2 weeks time I'd expect teachers to be a priority to be vaccinated. And household contacts of teachers.

Sounds like they're making a vaccination program for year 12 kids at least which is a good call.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back