Injury The OFFICIAL Injury Updates thread - 2 weeks

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah I'd be interested in seeing the incident the club identified as the cause, before I start asking about why there was no citation from the MRP.
It looks like it was the tackle as he kicked his 4th goal. His head hits the ground as he was brought down.

Last edited:
So, does the tackler get suspended?
I actually thought I saw his head hit the ground during a tackle near the boundary and I thought he got up slowly but no free so I thought I must have been seeing things.

well he was medical emergency and polec is a proper midfielder.......who do you have in mind?
Polac at best is an out & out winger & that’s it , no midfielder .
but agree if Powell is still out more than likely Polac needs to play . Probably bring in Lazzaro too for a bit of extra run . He showed a bit in the midfield vs * before getting dropped last week .

but agree if Powell is still out more than likely Polac needs to play . Probably bring in Lazzaro too for a bit of extra run . He showed a bit in the midfield vs * before getting dropped last week .

Why is powell still out? He was said to be managed due to soreness but no mention of any major injury.

Every chance Charlie will replace Philips who got a broken nose

Jed in the guts - all good

Hmm. Dunno if it was reportable, I genuinely don't understand how they decide which tackles are 'dangerous' ones other than their hateboner for a slinging motion. But it looks like one arm was held, the other pinned, and he was pushed forward and in the back by the tackle, yeah?
I thought in his post game interview, Tarryn sounded pretty scattered to be honest. Almost hard to watch. This may explain it

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You gotta admit that thanks to the way Noble has been focusing on getting our boys to play a mix of roles, when we lose a player or two we don't suddenly have a gaping hole on our team list. Ins and Outs moving forward won't hurt as much as they once did - things have turned the corner at Arden St.

Aidan Corr Toe Indefinite
Taylor Garner Ankle 2-3 weeks
Charlie Ham Ankle 1 week
Jack Mahony Shoulder Test
Matt McGuinness Foot Season
Flynn Perez Knee Season
Will Phillips Nose TBC
Tom Powell Groin TBC
Robbie Tarrant Adductor Test
Tarryn Thomas Concussion 1-2 weeks
Will Walker Thumb Test
Updated: Tuesday, July 27
Early prognosis
The Kangaroos are hopeful that Mahony, Phillips and Tarrant will be fit to play this weekend. However, Thomas enters the AFL's 12-day concussion protocols and will miss. Dom Tyson (calf) returned through the VFL last week. - Riley Beveridge

Aidan CorrToeIndefinite
Taylor GarnerAnkle2-3 weeks
Charlie HamAnkle1 week
Jack MahonyShoulderTest
Matt McGuinnessFootSeason
Flynn PerezKneeSeason
Will PhillipsNoseTBC
Tom PowellGroinTBC
Robbie TarrantAdductorTest
Tarryn ThomasConcussion1-2 weeks
Will WalkerThumbTest
Updated: Tuesday, July 27
Early prognosis
The Kangaroos are hopeful that Mahony, Phillips and Tarrant will be fit to play this weekend. However, Thomas enters the AFL's 12-day concussion protocols and will miss. Dom Tyson (calf) returned through the VFL last week. - Riley Beveridge

As I’ve said before, the injury to Garner has kept under wraps due to his awful history. He won’t play for the rest of the year

Will Walker thumb test again, You'd want to hope that thumb is right the amount of tests he's had

That's Cunner's season over.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back