Opinion The 'Carlton related stuff that doesn't need it's own thread' thread Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
What snag? How has it suddenly hit a snag that's been around there the entire ******* time? How is it a 'snag', when it's the whole environment for the trade in which to take place?

This is stupid. That isn't an article, it's barely 300 words, and it's surrounded by more advertising than there is article. If you were to do a word count, you'd find more words in the ads than the article. If you were to do a check to see how many data points or how much information there is in that article, you'd say that there's 2 at best, all of it stuff we knew already.

I didn't want to click on it, but it is exceedingly difficult to criticize something you haven't read, but I'm actually kind of livid now. What a phenomenal waste of time that was! I'm not going to get the barely 10 seconds of my life I spent reading the bloody thing back, and I'm furious with myself for clicking on it.

For fu**'s sake, footy is one of the most interesting sports on the ******* planet; how can they reduce it down to being so utterly boring?
Yeah Thy, lift your game :tongueoutv1:

Really interesting that people think Cripps has checked out, held the club over a barrel and or the terms and conditions of his contract was over the top.

I smell humble pie coming

This is what we do as Carlton supporters these days.

Jan 2, 2009
Penguin
AFL Club
Carlton
Im very bullish on 2022. I know it’s been said before. But if we can have a fit list and a strong preseason (Russell said this was his hardest yet and we know how far we were coming back from before him) anything can happen. So many players to come into this side and another top 5-6 pick.

I think Russell may be starting to regret the tough preseason which has hurt our list this year but may pay us back down the track.

the big issue we now face is selection integrity more than anything. One dropped player puts our guys under pressure to perform and we aren’t doing it. Players then build a mentality of they don’t need to go “all-in” because they’ll be picked regardless. This needs to be fixed NOW. Pick players to replace under performing ones and make them earn a spot. Like Harry - waited so long under Bolton to get. Maybe leaving Ramsay, Kemp, O’Brien, Durdin, Philp, Carroll to earn their spots will do them a great justice. Look at Sydney. Their kids this year sat in the NEAFL (a s**t level competition) for years before this year. And it’s paying off. Okeefe is a great developer of talent IMO.

with a game plan that’s aimed at defending the middle of the ground, not a zone, will help our boys tremendously. Cripps needs to trim back to his 2021 size and with the improvement to Dow and Kennedy we could develop a very cohesive midfield.

Really interesting that people think Cripps has checked out, held the club over a barrel and or the terms and conditions of his contract was over the top.

I smell humble pie coming
unfortunately that food type sits unused and rotten in the back of the bf fridge..............

Aug 16, 2015
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Arsenal
I'll have to go over the current OoC list to figure out better options, but there always is. The trick is simply who is happy to be rotating in and out of the senior team, or play as backup/development.

Which pretty much only leaves, players approaching retirement, delisted players and second tier players.

Nov 4, 2003
Earth, near Carlton.
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur
Which pretty much only leaves, players approaching retirement, delisted players and second tier players.
There's room for talent that's been wasted in the wrong role or system within those groupings, and you've completely skipped over free agents.

Don't most players who stay do the same? Costs more to pry a player from their club.

He took a pay cut on his current contract. Was offered more than his current contract elsewhere.

He's at the age where it was his last big contract. He took unders when he was offered overs.

No, that doesn't happen very often.

Knows by being a one-club Carlton champion that he'll be taken well care of post-footy.

On more important matters, I hope that the review recommends that the players slow down renditions of the club song after a win, and get rid of the whoops.

It's disrespectful to the best song in the competition.
Couldn't agree more. It's been trashed.

Percy2257

The Urgio to be Sergio
May 11, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
How did he hold the club over a barrel exactly?
No he didn’t hold the club over a barrel. And the 6 year contract means next to nothing for both club and player. He was given it as a reward. If he drops off badly he has the integrity to surrender his contract. Don’t stress. Cripps isn’t mercenary. Sad about the decline in ability and form though. But s*** happens - alas too much to Carlton

Aug 16, 2015
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Arsenal
There's room for talent that's been wasted in the wrong role or system within those groupings, and you've completely skipped over free agents.

Sorry I wasn’t clear, I was talking about KPD and that players not getting opportunities at other clubs, aren’t coming to us, to wait for Jones to retire or hope for an injury.

If the coaches wanted to add another key defender to the starting team, then it changes things, but it doesn’t make any sense to me, why someone not getting a game elsewhere, would come to do the same thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back