Preview Changes: R20 vs Western Bulldogs

Remove this Banner Ad

Get with the times, Golumless, contracts aren't what they used to be.

If the right offer came up for them then the fact they're contracted improves their value, albeit only slightly IMO. We've done pretty well at not only improving our KPP stocks, but also tying them to short term contracts. If we can put both in the shop window, and get them in the minds of recruiters, then it could be a shrewd move, and the only way to do that is to play them (not to mention they both played well on the weekend)

Port tend to do this really well with their Ruck stocks.

Thilthorpe deserves to play, but not sure who makes way for him. This week against Bulldogs and next week against Port are probably not the right games for him to play just yet. I'd prefer to see him come back for R22/23. I'd be happy for him play sooner but not to displace anyone currently in the FWD line because no ones form currently dictates that. Sholl has been terrible and probably needs the rest of the year off.

They are exactly what they used to be for a club. A commitment to be stuck with a player for a number of years.

Himmelberg and Frampton are contracted and by that it doesn't matter what we're offered if they do not want to leave. We might be quietly asking them to look at moving on, but the ball is firmly in their court in that regard. Not only that, but both are lowly rated prospects who have now spent 5 and 7 years in the AFL, they're not going to attract much, if any interest. They're just in our lineup because we've needed our depth, and I wouldn't be surprised to see both dropped this week if Thilthorpe and Murray are ready to go.

We're stuck with both of them until they are delisted at this point.

Thilthorpe deserves to play, and its a very easy decision who to drop. Himmelberg. Sucks because he had a good game, but he is a depth player and that is what happens to depth players. This is also the right game to bring Thilthorpe back, because he needs to be playing against the best sides in the league. Learning how to survive against good units and when things are at its toughest (theoretically at any rate).

It's probably time to wrap Sholl in cotton wool for the year. Good season, but the kid needs to really hit the gym. Good time to give Cook a debut as well.

It was interesting to see that Keays has problems with both hands.

200.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good to see Murray back in. He's one bloke who does need some continuity after being in and out more than a pr0n star.

Happy the Frampton Experiment down back was out of necessity and not a want. Murray back in is good, genuine defensive talent. Delist Frampton ASAP.

Have to ask why didn't McAsey play last week though.

Since Sholl was rested a while back he has not been good at all. His early season running has impacted his game. Will be better next year with another preseason under his belt.

Rowe, meh.

I reckon it will be Sloane for Crouch next week.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Happy the Frampton Experiment down back was out of necessity and not a want. Murray back in is good, genuine defensive talent. Delist Frampton ASAP.

Have to ask why didn't McAsey play last week though.

Since Sholl was rested a while back he has not been good at all. His early season running has impacted his game. Will be better next year with another preseason under his belt.

Rowe, meh.

I reckon it will be Sloane for Crouch next week.

Don't reckon Matt plays at all this year now. We'll ship him off for a second round pick and call the Crouch experiment over

Not surprised but disappointed to see the Frampton defense experiment ended after 1 game. If you're going to try him there, at least give him a block.

How is Murphy fit to play?
You cant teach a guy to want to impact a contest physically. Frampton has failed at both ends in this regard.

He makes Jenkins look like Tony Lockett.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back