Review Geelong defeats Ninthmond by 38 points at their home ground... twice.

Remove this Banner Ad

Our biggest win in 09 was by 93pts. We didn’t go too crazy that year. Similar figures to this year to be honest.
I think we’ll beat the Dees comfortably but not smash them.
I don’t think this team will be going all out untill the finals especially with an older list

To be honest I barely know any other songs of theirs (when they got Hottest 100 #1 that was the end of JJJ for me), so had a quick listen. I'm sorry mate but that stuff is what Thom Yorke refers to as 'fridge buzz', ie it all sounds the same. With autotune to boot.

They sound like a wannabe version of Foals made for Nova FM listeners. And Foals are pretty poppy as it is.

And that's fine if that's your jam, but it's a hard pass from me.

Just shouldn't be anywhere near the Geelong Football Club. Play the second 'So stand up and fight' verse of the club song instead.
Yeah I'm a bigger fan of the second verse than the first (both for the GFC song as well as the national anthem). At the risk of ridicule by the traditionalists, how about something like this as a kind of pre-game welcome - for that sort of fortress feel?

To the Divinyls classic 'Boys in Town':

Welcome to Kardinia Park
We’re the only team in town
Visitors are thinkin’
Get me out of here!

Many years of history
As the only team in town
You won’t be the first side to say:
Get me out of here!

We’re gonna be desperate
We’re gonna play pretty hard
We’re gonna be desperate
We’re gonna work pretty hard

We’re the team of blue and white
The only team in town
You are just a satellite, singing:
Get me out of here

I think they're getting nervy
We're done with second best
Here's the road to glory
They will flunk the test

We’re gonna be desperate
We’re gonna play pretty hard
We’re gonna be desperate
We’re gonna work pretty hard

Too fast too strong
Too fast too strong
Too fast too strong
Too fast too strong
Get me out of here (too fast too strong)
Get me out of here (too fast too strong)
... Get me out of here!

One other thing is that with having spent time in the ruck Esava has learnt to tap/palm the ball. There was at least one Occassion yesterday where he John tapped the ball down to the small sat the front of the pack that resulted in a goal.
Yep. It reminded me of Brad Ottens in the 2007 GF. He deliberately palmed it down (like a dink in volleyball) from a marking contest straight to Lingy for a goal. Eerily similar. That excites me.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back