Preview Changes: R20 vs Western Bulldogs

Remove this Banner Ad

You cant teach a guy to want to impact a contest physically. Frampton has failed at both ends in this regard.

He makes Jenkins look like Tony Lockett.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
Don't get me wrong, Frampton was crap in defense (despite what some thought).

But I hate picking blokes for one game in a new role, or first time at the level. Once you make the call that you think someone can play somewhere, you should see that call through for a few weeks in a development team

Sholl was nowhere near the level required against Hawthorn so I have no issues with him getting dropped.

Rowe coming straight back in annoys me though. I don't place much stock in scratch match form.

But I hate picking blokes for one game in a new role, or first time at the level. Once you make the call that you think someone can play somewhere, you should see that call through for a few weeks in a development team
Billy has a contract for next year so we may as well persist with him in defense for a few games. If he was out of contract, I'd be pretty annoyed at him getting the nod over McAsey.

EDIT: s**t I totally forgot about Murray. He's a lock to come back in after his last game.

Frampton was odds on to go out if Murray came up from his concussion, he's basically been the preferred 2nd KPD when we've gone that way all year?

Not surprised but disappointed to see the Frampton defense experiment ended after 1 game. If you're going to try him there, at least give him a block.

How is Murphy fit to play?

I think it's more that his SANFL game and AFL game has showed that he has an AFL future of sorts in that role. Murray has shown exciting pieces of play and he's where the development time is going. And let's not ruin Billy's last 2 weeks by asking him to hold up against the avalanche that will be the Bulldogs forward entries on Saturday. From what was said by Burns (I think?) it's not surprising that Thilthorpe is being rested for another week. He was hampered last year and through preseason. A 3 week breather and then play out the final 3 weeks isn't poor management. Will see whether he's selected next week though.

Murphy was always going to play, regardless of how injured he is. It's the AFC way.

Lol at all the comments underneath the Twitter post re: team selection. All along the lines of ‘Billy stiff’

People have set the bar very low for Billy. I saw people praising him for doing the most basic things against Hawthorn. He wasn't completely terrible intercepting but when trying to lockdown his opponent, not great. I noticed him ball watching a lot too when he should have been manning up.

Glad Mackay didn't sneak back into the team.

Rowe is a lucky boy, our 2 smalls did much better last week, maybe 3 is a crowd.

Thilthorpe needs to play. Himmelberg is trade bait at best.

Not surprised Frampton is out. His lack of intensity was concerning despite some on here thinking he was on track to be the next Nathan Bock.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app

I think Frampton is pure depth now. At both ends.

Murray has really taken on that second KPD role. Could even make it difficult for McAsey.

Although I reckon Butts, McAsey and Murray could all play down back with Kelly out.

He plays when other preferred options out, or out of form. Hberg is a much better forward than Frampton, in tge regard he likes the contest. But even he is depth as well.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not surprised but disappointed to see the Frampton defense experiment ended after 1 game. If you're going to try him there, at least give him a block.

How is Murphy fit to play?

Nicks mentioned it would be touch and go until Saturday. Selecting Rowe kind of indicates we expect him to drop out though.

Eh, I'm just happy we've decided Murray should get the first genuine shot at cementing the 2nd key back role with Frampton just being a depth option at this point.

I thought Frampton missed a couple of opportunities early to impose himself on a 50:50 ground ball, but I think that's a function of coaching instructions. Otherwise he was quite ok. Our junior players aren't authorised to go he'll for leather when more senior types are around. Their job is to enable the system that favours the experienced blokes getting the pill. They're playing understudies.

Where did you get that from: he was the most photographed in today's training photos.

It was interesting to see that Keays has problems with both hands.
T wS when they were having shots at goal, he was in casuals by the look of it...which was b4 the training photos were released.

People have set the bar very low for Billy. I saw people praising him for doing the most basic things against Hawthorn. He wasn't completely terrible intercepting but when trying to lockdown his opponent, not great. I noticed him ball watching a lot too when he should have been manning up.

Loving all these hot takes on Frampton’s performance last week. For an experienced KPD you could have said he had a passable game, but for his 1st game playing in defence I thought he was fantastic. I certainly think Murray deserves to come in, but let’s not take away from what was a great fill-in job against Hawks from Frampton.
One thing that I think is fantastic for Frampton is that he’s adding something else to his game, and either WE or another team may see the value in a player that could be versatile depth in various positions

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Glad Mackay didn't sneak back into the team.

Rowe is a lucky boy, our 2 smalls did much better last week, maybe 3 is a crowd.

Thilthorpe needs to play. Himmelberg is trade bait at best.

Not surprised Frampton is out. His lack of intensity was concerning despite some on here thinking he was on track to be the next Nathan Bock.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Rowe for Berry and Mackay for Sholl was such an easy and typical AFC call. That Berry remains and Mackay misses again is a huge step forward.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back