NRL NRL 2021 Season - Round 20

Remove this Banner Ad

Thursday 29th July
Sydney Roosters vs Parramatta (BB Print Stadium, Mackay - 19:50)

Friday 30th July
Wests Tigers vs New Zealand (Suncorp Stadium - 18:00)
Brisbane vs North Queensland (Suncorp Stadium - 20:05)

Saturday 31st July
St.George-Illawarra vs South Sydney (Browne Park, Rockhampton - 15:00)
Newcastle vs Canberra (Suncorp Stadium - 17:30)
Melbourne vs Penrith (Suncorp Stadium - 19:35)

Sunday 1st August
Canterbury-Bankstown vs Gold Coast (Cbus Super Stadium - 14:00)
Cronulla-Sutherland vs Manly-Warringah (Moreton Daily Stadium, Redcliffe - 16:05)

Last edited:

Papp looked a little tentative in his first game back.

I reckon Penrith will target him all night with the high ball. Won't be much fun having Kikau storm through.

Luai is an incredible player, but Jahrome Hughes is in great form as well.

Would love to watch these two teams at full strength, but maybe that's for finals time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why were the Roosters allowed to take a quick tap but 2 minutes earlier Parra weren’t?

The Referee has made it very obvious which team he supports.

Why were the Roosters allowed to take a quick tap but 2 minutes earlier Parra weren’t?

The Referee has made it very obvious which team he supports.
I thought the pivotal moment was a disallowed try that would've made it 12-6 gets whisked up the other end to make it 18-0 instead. Was game over from there.

Parra hugely disappointing though against an undermanned Roosters.

I thought the pivotal moment was a disallowed try that would've made it 12-6 gets whisked up the other end to make it 18-0 instead. Was game over from there.

Parra hugely disappointing though against an undermanned Roosters.
The game was lost at the selection table, Arthur is not a halfback, not yet anyway, and Brown is still rather inexperienced at five-eighth so we were always going to struggle in the halves. I would have tried something a little left of centre perhaps, Mahoney to halfback, he has a better passing and kicking game than Arthur and has more experience at top level, then the #9 could be shared between Will Smith and Stone. It couldn't have been worse than what I saw last night.

As a neutral, that that was very entertaining for all the wrong reasons. But that doesn't give credit to the NZ team for showing some sheer guts and determination. Well done Warriors.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back