Preview Changes: R20 vs Western Bulldogs

At least Thilthorpe renewed his deal before we started overlooking him
Reckon we are managing him in his 1st season... so wouldn't be too concerned.

... or he may be our super sub!

CrowInFiji

Club Legend
Sep 29, 2018
AFL Club
Adelaide
Don't get me wrong, Frampton was crap in defense (despite what some thought).

But I hate picking blokes for one game in a new role, or first time at the level. Once you make the call that you think someone can play somewhere, you should see that call through for a few weeks in a development team

The first mistake was trying him at the level. Is that not in part what a reserves side is for? Can't compound the mistake by selecting him for a block, especially if the preferred bloke is ready to go.

Bay62

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 28, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
The first mistake was trying him at the level. Is that not in part what a reserves side is for? Can't compound the mistake by selecting him for a block, especially if the preferred bloke is ready to go.

He did play down back in the reserves for a game or two, did fairly well which is why he got the call up

But didn’t do enough to keep Murray out

Murray2503

Cancelled
10k Posts
May 10, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
Why bring Rowe back in after being dropped. We really have no depth in that position.

"Portable compression systems" - is that what the cool kids are calling pants these days?
EA584206-31C5-4150-A9D2-F6D276D4A17D.png

Would be genuinely surprised to see Thilthorpe again this year.
He’ll be back next week. Burns said he’ll play “a few” more games of AFL this season. As there are only four left, and he’s not playing in this one, well you could surmise that he’ll play the balance of the year.

conVINCEd

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 15, 2003
Brisbane
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide Crows
Really? Where was that mentioned?

The club also mentioned it in this week’s injury update:

Matt Crouch experienced some groin soreness after his return game in the SANFL a fortnight ago and with no SANFL fixture last weekend, the decision was made to consolidate his running loads rather than play in the scratch match.

Crouch, who had groin surgery in May, is expected to train with the main group this week and it is anticipated he will be in a position to increase his match minutes this weekend.

“We’ll look to reintegrate him into the main group this week before making a decision about what sort of minutes he will play and what that might look like if we can organise a practice match for this weekend,” Kelly said.

conVINCEd

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 15, 2003
Brisbane
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide Crows
Walker, Lynch, Fogarty and Himmelberg doesn’t scream ‘defensive presssure’; Rowe doesn’t add much either.

I’m hoping we’re putting Lynch and H’berg in the shop window because it seems we’ll get very little in return for Matt Crouch and/or Talia.

Anyone want those four plus Kelly for a first rounder?

UcantCme

Premiership Player
Mar 3, 2021
AFL Club
Adelaide
Reckon TT may have played if the location was different and not the predicted wet weather slugfest we'll likely see on Sat. Same reason Frampton misses...Murray a bit more mobile. Would've preferred Cook to Rowe, and possibly Pedlar (if Murphy doesn't get up)...
Keep RT fresh for showdown IMO

On SM-G973F using BigFooty.com mobile app

May 24, 2006
Car 55
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Redbacks, Sturt, Liverpool, Arizona
Hope you told him you don’t play on a Tuesday night either!
Or with 20 footballs on the oval, with cones everywhere, and ruck/tackle bags

He appreciated the feedback!

Crows I Am

Premiership Player
Jul 12, 2006
Adelaide S.A
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
North Adelaide
Loving all these hot takes on Frampton’s performance last week. For an experienced KPD you could have said he had a passable game, but for his 1st game playing in defence I thought he was fantastic. I certainly think Murray deserves to come in, but let’s not take away from what was a great fill-in job against Hawks from Frampton.
One thing that I think is fantastic for Frampton is that he’s adding something else to his game, and either WE or another team may see the value in a player that could be versatile depth in various positions

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
I agree that there was definitely some positive signs there and something to work with. It will be interesting to see how he develops next year with a full preseason training as a defender.

Aug 21, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Yeah I don't like Frampton but I think he did okay in his trial. That being said I do want to persist with Murray so glad he's back in.

Perhaps we leave Frampton in defence in the Sanfl and see how he progresses. Or perhaps he's delisted.

May 29, 2011
SA
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt
Yeah I don't like Frampton but I think he did okay in his trial. That being said I do want to persist with Murray so glad he's back in.

Perhaps we leave Frampton in defence in the Sanfl and see how he progresses. Or perhaps he's delisted.
Has a contract for 2022. Most likely will end up delisted though.

Nov 6, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
🇦🇺 🇦🇺 🇦🇺 West Adelaide

Going to be wet and windy at Mars Stadium this week .....club went for Murray's mobility over Frampton ....not sure Murray's is that much better, obviously the club thinks differently

Murray2503

Cancelled
10k Posts
May 10, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
Going to be wet and windy at Mars Stadium this week .....club went for Murray's mobility over Frampton ....not sure Murray's is that much better, obviously the club thinks differently
It won't make any difference to the result. They likely think Murray is a better swingman

Aug 5, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
Loving all these hot takes on Frampton’s performance last week. For an experienced KPD you could have said he had a passable game, but for his 1st game playing in defence I thought he was fantastic. I certainly think Murray deserves to come in, but let’s not take away from what was a great fill-in job against Hawks from Frampton.
One thing that I think is fantastic for Frampton is that he’s adding something else to his game, and either WE or another team may see the value in a player that could be versatile depth in various positions
Thought he was ok, but honestly showed less than he did the previous week. Plus he still repeatedly failed in "Ball kicked to direct opponent" scenarios.

He wouldn't be the first defender with that weakness. But those that can overcome it are basically perfect in every other area of defending

Oct 13, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool, Glenelg, tigers
Thought he was ok, but honestly showed less than he did the previous week. Plus he still repeatedly failed in "Ball kicked to direct opponent" scenarios.

He wouldn't be the first defender with that weakness. But those that can overcome it are basically perfect in every other area of defending
“Repeatedly failed in ball kicked to direct opponent scenarios”...

have you got the stats to back that up?..

i cant recall him turning it over by directly kicking to an opponent many times, if any, all..

I think you may have just completely made that up!..

edit: just looked... his disposal efficiency for the game was actually 100%.

the disdain for Frampton around here from some is pretty funny really..

Yes, he’s s**t... but atleast use fact when attempting to write him off.

and this season he’s been a shitload better than himmelberg..

Last edited:
Back